Hogwarts: Great Hall

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,463.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Re: Hogwarts: Great Hall

Postby WolfMoon » January 17th, 2017, 10:00 am

Liam didn't want to stand up to go to class. He wanted to tell them about his plan. He wanted to invite more to join. But he knew that he had to ask the others whether it was okay. Liam loved his plan. It was the best and maybe even the only way to practice. They had to get started. That room offered so many different possibilities.
He looked around. Most of the fourth-years had already gone to class.

Maybe I should go. I can't do anything right now. The problem is that there are so many people around whenever I have most of the team in one place. And I don't know whom to trust. Anyone could run to the teachers or could do worse things. This isn't only about houses but also about blood status..., he thought while staring at the table.

"Hey, Liam, don't you want to go to classes?" He heard someone say and stood up.

"Yeah, of course." he murmured and left the Great Hall.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » April 15th, 2018, 7:26 am

RP Announcement - Plot Event

England to War

Early morning. The Great Hall is filled with drowsy students getting ready for their day. In the far distance, students can hear the tell-tale sound of wings that signals morning mail to arrive soon. The dais that hosts the staff table is conspicuously empty, with the Headmistress, Heads of Houses, Muggle Studies Professor and Nurse all missing from their usual spot.

A slow murmur rises from the student tables. Where are all the teachers?

Before anyone can answer that question though, the previously distant sound of wings rises to a crescendo. Thousands of owls burst through the high windows, all but burying the student body under newspapers, letters and cards. Never before has Hogwarts seen so many owls arrive at once and hopefully, it never will again. All the deliveries hold, albeit in different words, the same message:

Diplomatic relations with Grindelwald have failed. The United Kingdom and Ireland are at war with Europe.

For a long moment, silence reigns. Then, a single chair is pushed back. A fifth year Gryffindor, crumpled letter still clutched in her left hand, leaves the hall without making contact with anyone. Her eyes are red from rising tears. It takes a moment for the other students to understand her behaviour, until someone whispers "Her father is an Auror." An Auror who will be called upon to fight on the front lines - his daughter was the first to comprehend the real truth behind the sea of messages.

Death is coming for the wizards of England.

((OOC: Many students received a paper or message in one form or another, but not all of them. Did you get a message? Did you read along over your neighbour's shoulder? Or are you left wondering what's going on? And how will you react to the news. Does it hit close to home? Will your family be going to war, will older siblings be drafted? Or are you a Muggleborn and does Grindelwald hold a personal threat for you? Have at it!))
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 8.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » April 15th, 2018, 8:57 am

The letters were raining. White paper envelopes delivered to thier owners, owls sweeping out of the hall in a crowd.

Fern looked down at the letter in her hands as two more landed on the table beside her. Thomas Gray. Alex Gray. The Gray House hold. They were letters from home, where-ever that was for her family.

The first contained five words from her oldest brother, Alex. Stay safe. I love you. She looked at them curiously before opening the second, from her parents.

Dear Fern,

Hope your haveing a good time at Hogwarts! Afraid that it’s a bit rough at home at the moment. Alex was called out today to fight for England. We support him in his efforts, but still worry. Stay safe, we love you. Will write more later.

Mom and Dad

Fern felt a lump rising in her throat, swallowed down as quickly as it came. She tore open the last letter.

Hey Fern! It’s your brother Tom! Thought I’d send a letter, because apparently that’s what you do these days.

The banks gotten pretty busy today, and I just found out what happened. Didn’t want you to be left out of the loop, so I’ll give it to you straight. We’re at war with Gridlewald. No ones for sure what that means yet, but everyone’s in panic. Stay safe sis

Love ya, Tom

Fern started at the three open letters in her hands. This was the one thing she never thought would happen, it was a chance sure, but could never be reality. She noticed glances thrown her way from her housemates, but didn’t care all that much. Her family was more important.

Iris sat in silence as she stared at the letter in her hands. Iris Frost. This had to have been a mistake, this wasn’t her. She didn’t know of anyone else named Iris in the school though, so she opened the letter regardless. It was short, but to the point.

Dear Iris Frost,

It has come to our attention that you are in relation to our family line. Clearly you have wondered in the past why you seemed superior to your classmates. This is because you are a Frost, a pureblood witch. In light of recent events, it was in our best interests to tell you we will be retrieving you on winter break. Enclosed is a train ticket to our household. You'd be best removed from that Muggle household as rapidly as possible, as we are sure you agree.

The Frost House

Evelynn didn’t revive a letter, why would she? Her parents were muggles, they’d have no way to know. She sat confused. “What’s happening?” She questioned the people reading letters around her. None of them responded.

Iris came up behind Evelynn, walking rapidly.

“Iris what’s happen-” Evelynned started before her sister wrapped her arms around her.

“It’s going to be ok,” she mumbled. “We’ll stay together, no one can take that away. No one.”
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » April 25th, 2018, 10:54 am

Tavish looked up from the letter he had just received and tried to find his brother at the Slytherin table. Lyall was staring at the newspaper that he received. He had probably figured out what was going on because he had this look that only Tavish could interpret. It was worry.

Tavish stood up to walk over to him, something he usually didn't do but this time he had to. The letter was addressed to both of them. Tavish still couldn't believe what he had just read. Their family didn't seem to be directly impacted but if the war kept going for a while everyone who was old enough and able to do magic had to fight. Michael Gallagher, the husband of Tavish's older sister and a wandmaker, would have to make and sell thousands of wands. Maybe he would have to go to the front lines too to immediately provide all those who had to fight with wands.

Don't worry too much. This sentence echoed through Tavish's mind when he reached the place at the Slytherin table where his brother sat.

"Lyall, I've received a letter from home. They are tellin' us not to worry too much.

"Why don't you hand me the letter, so that I can read for myself? Read between the lines, you know." Lyall snapped. He was very worried and therefore quite tense and his best friend Leah was sitting next to him.

"Sorry. Sure." Tavish said and left again. He would forgive his brother's rudeness because he was worried too and could understand Lyall.

Luckily, I don't have to pretend to be someone else in front of my people. Tavish thought.

"Are you okay, mate?" Cameron asked when Tavish returned to the Hufflepuff table.

"I don't know. My parents say that we don't have to worry but yet I do. Maybe my parents won't have to fight but what about my sister and her husband?"

"Don't worry too much just yet. They promised to keep you updated, didn't they?"

"Aye."

"See. I'm sure they have written the letter because they knew you would be even more worried if they hadn't. They probably wanted to tell you that although we are at war with Europe now - that sounds absolutely unbelievable and weird - well, although there's a war, you don't have to worry. They are not impacted yet. Your family lives in Glasgow, mate. It takes some time till Grindelwald gets to Scotland. They have to cross England first. And if he comes to Scotland he'll probably be interested in Hogwarts and not your hometown."

"I don't think that will be any better." Tavish replied.

Liam sat at the Gryffindor table and ate his breakfast. The letter from his mother had calmed him down. At first, he hadn't known what was going on as he didn't get a newspaper. He usually didn't read his mail at the breakfast table but this time he did, because as soon as the others started to whisper the headlines of the newspapers, he had to find out what his mother had written.

After he finished the letter, he sighed with relief. He had nothing to worry about. Then he looked over to Jacy who was close to tears.

Suddenly everbody started reading today's newspapers or letters from home and the Great Hall was filled with murmur. Jacy hadn't been that quick. When her mail arrived, she had placed it aside to finish her breakfast first. Her hands were shaking when she opened her letter. She had heard people whisper things about war. That didn't sound good at all.

Dear sister,

I have returned home a while ago just to find out that our parents had left their house to get Jamie out of Germany. They haven't returned yet and now that the United Kingdom and Ireland are at war with Europe, I'm worried that they might have been taken prisoner.

I don't want to give up hope though and I want you to do the same. Perhaps they just went into hiding somewhere in Europe as returning home probably wasn't that easy.

Stay at Hogwarts, Jacy, as I believe it is the safest place with all the teachers around. Don't come home at Christmas.

I'll keep you updated.

Hugs,

Jonah

Jacy stared at the lines that her older brother had written. They were devastating. She tried to fight back her tears.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked.

Jacy couldn't fight back her tears any longer and started to sob. She showed the letter to Liam who read it quickly.

"I'm so sorry, Jace. Maybe we should talk to the club and hold a special meeting." He whispered.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » April 25th, 2018, 1:18 pm

"What happened?" Evelynn said when her sister stopped hugging her.

"Sorry," Iris said, wiping the beginnings of tears from her eyes. "I'm just-" she seemed unable to finish her sentence. "Nevermind."

"Its going to be ok, whatever it is," Evelynn smiled at her sister.

Iris's face fell in realization. Her sister had no idea what was happening. There really was no way that Evelynn would have known, their parents being Muggles. Iris has caught the conversation around her on her way through the hall to the Gryfindor table. War had come to England, and Evelynn didn't realize how much danger Muggleborns were in.

"Let me grab my bag and I'll tell you."

The sisters headed back to the Ravenclaw table.

Iris leaned over to grab her bag.

"Jacy? You alright?" Evelynn asked her friend. She had walked over to Jacy as soon as she noticed her fellow first year.

Iris joined her sister moments later, clutching the envelope addressed to her in her hand.

-------------------

Fern wasted no time battling her way through the crowds to her brother. "Will! Did you get the letters? Will?"

William Gray sat in silence, the noises of the halls couldn't be heard. He had got a modestly detailed letter from their oldest brother, the Auror. This was worse than he ever thought it would be. England, and his brother by proxy, was at war with Grindlewald. Nothing good could come of this

"WILL!" Fern basically yelled in her brothers ear.

"Huh? Oh! Hey Fern"

"Did you get the letters? What did Alex say?" Fern knew Alex would give her brother more information.

"Just to stay safe and stuff." No offense to Fern, but she was terrible at keeping secrets. William couldn't risk it, especially with her being surrounded by Slytherin's.

"Oh ok."

There was a pause of silence between the siblings.

"Whats going to happen now?"

"I don't know Fern, I don't know"
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » May 2nd, 2018, 7:54 am

"It's this letter." Jacy replied and handed it to Evelynn. She tried to calm down but she was too worried to stop crying.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » May 2nd, 2018, 12:50 pm

Evelynn opened the letter and began to read. Iris scanned the letter over her sisters shoulder.

"Do you think they'll have class today?" Iris adressed Liam. Her sister was just finishing up the letter, and was considerably more somber than she had been moments before. Evelynn held her arms out to Jacy, in invitation of a hug.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » May 5th, 2018, 6:42 am

Jacy was very grateful and tried not to wet Evelynn's clothes too much.

"I don't think so. It's Saturday after all but maybe there'll be some kind of announcement today. I wanted to go to Hogsmeade tomorrow. It's the first Hogsmeade weekend this year. But now I'm not so sure anymore." Liam said. "If the teachers don't say anything about it today, they'll probably say something about it on Monday or before we are allowed to go to Hogsmeade. They can't ignore this. And I think we should finally advance... Should we talk to the twins?"

"Finally! It couldn't go on forever. Something had to happen." Leah whispered. "They should stop fighting it. It's not that bad after all. They'll all realise it soon."

"Hm-mh." Lyall agreed absent-mindedly although he hadn't heard a word Leah had said. It had become a habit to agree to everything she said.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » May 7th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Iris pulled a face "I'd avoid it. Those two give me the creeps. Besides, it'd be a extra hassle to try and track those two down. We've got our scheduled," she made air quotes, " 'lesson' at 5 o'clock and I'm sure 'Professor Priya' won't make exceptions for a war. We can talk to them then."

Iris was most likely harsher than she should have been, but the twins irked her. They'd done nothing to change her first impression of them in the month or so since they started "Charms Lessons". One had been friendly enough to Liam, but neither had gone any lengths to welcome her. Then there was the fact that they were second years... Iris shook the train of thought from her head.

"I'd forgotten about Hogsmede. Didn't have anyone to go with, so wasn't looking forward to it too much. It'd still be a shame if it was canceled." She'd also completely forgotten it was Saturday... Late nights reading and early mornings didn't lead to the best internal clock.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » May 15th, 2018, 4:34 am

"How are you?" Jacy asked Evelynn after a moment. "Is your family alright?"

Liam started talking about Hogsmeade and then suddenly suggested talking to the twins.

"It's not the first weekend by the way." Jacy said. "There has been one in September and another one in October. Angus had told me."

"It's my first weekend. I missed the last two because I was busy doing something else." Liam said and stared into space for a while.

"Anyways, you're probably right, Iris. Let's talk to them during our lessons. Nevertheless, we need to talk and here is not the best place to do so." Liam whispered. "There is one corridor on the sixth floor that nobody ever uses. I've only seen some ghosts there once. We could try the last room on the left side."
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”