Hogwarts: Library

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 6.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Re: Hogwarts: Library

Postby Alien Iris » September 14th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Ah! There he is! Iris smiled, a bit embarrassed that she had forgotten where they had been sitting. She waved back and headed over to the table.

"Found it!" she said in a soft voice. The librarian already looked as if he would kick them out, so talking quietly was the best option. "It was in an entirely different row than I originally thought." Exasperation and humor were mixed in her voice. She set the book on the table, next to the others they had acquired. Sitting down, she paged through the book for the piece of music the two had previously selected.

"What page was it again?" Iris glanced over at Tavish. "Do you think I got the wrong book?"
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,461.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » October 2nd, 2018, 10:25 am

"No, no, it's not the wrong book." Tavish said. "Page 143, I think. Or something close to it? 134? I can't remember."

"I have found something as well. I have got a good piece here. We have to change it a little if we want to add all the instruments our orchestra has but it would be perfect for the concert.The new arrangement is even for the piano and the violin." Tavish told. "So, let's find that page then."
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » October 8th, 2018, 2:40 pm

"Found it!" Iris had opened the book to Gustav Holst's 'The Planets.'

"We were talking about doing something from this suite as well last time. I'm thinking maybe Venus?" she flipped to an arrangement titled 'II. Venus, Bringer of Peace'. "We probably wouldn't do all of it, but a reminder of peace would be good. Especially in light of recent events..." Iris's voice trailed off as thoughts of the letter she had received and a whisper about Grindlewald. A few seconds of awkward silence fell over the table. Iris jerked her head upright, "Or we could do Mercury!" She said rapidly, "That one sound like... springtime..?"

((OOC: Here's a link to the music if you wish to listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isic2Z2e2xs ))
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » October 10th, 2018, 10:53 am

"Aye, right. I remember that we talked about it. Let's do both. What do you think?" Tavish replied as Iris suggested doing Mercury after a moment of silence. "We definitely need something to remind them of peace and also something joyful to cheer them up."

Tavish looked at Iris. This war would definitely change them even if they were not fighting themselves. They needed to do something about it to keep all the happy memories of good old times without war in everybody's heads. They had to touch the audience.

"Well, I think it's time that we cheer ourselves up. How about taking some more books, going to the kitchens, asking for some hot chocolate and continuing our search for pieces in the Hufflepuff common room?" Tavish suggested.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » October 22nd, 2018, 2:51 pm

"Sounds great," Iris replied to Tavish's suggestion. She pulled a few bookmarks from her bag and placed them into the books that were spread out on the table. "I'll check out these ones and head outside. Pick up more books if you would like, or you can tag along while I check out." She stacked up the books and walked over to the front desk.

"Hello Mr. Galway!" Iris cheerfully set her books down at the counter. The man behind the counter gave her a look of indifference. "May I check out these music books please? Tavish," she gestured vaguely backwards, "and I are trying to select music for the schools spring orchestra concert." The librarian took the books and began to inspect them.

"The book marks are mine, didn't want to lose my page but I surely wasn't going to dog ear any pages. That's just rude." Iris always tried to be friendly with the librarian. From the amount of time she spent in this room checking out books, she kind of had to be. However, she wasn't quite sure if she was succeeding, as Mr. Galway remained as cold as ever. With a wave of the librarians wand, the books were returned to her.

"Keep them safe," Mr. Galway warned the third year who was taking books out of his library.

"I'll make sure to." Iris turned and headed out the doors, stopping in the hallway to wait for Tavish.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » October 24th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Tavish picked up the books he wanted to take with him and went to Mr Galway. The librarian looked as if he'd rather get killed instantly than giving any of his books to a student.

"I'll bring 'em back, Mr Galway, sir. Don't worry." Tavish tried to assure him.

[[Continued in Hallways]]
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”