PFF Classes - Overview

You can now enroll in all of your favorite Hogwarts subjects. Simply go to the Class Lists and Applications thread to sign up.

Moderator: Class Professors

Rhynn
Honorary Member - VIP
Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 2,956.00
Pottermore Username: SeerHawthorn125

PFF Classes - Overview

Postby Rhynn » November 9th, 2011, 7:53 am

Overview

Quite simply put, PFF Classes are available so that you may attend Hogwarts just like you've always dreamed of doing. Only, you'll be doing it as a sort of e-school. But worry not, you've got your fellow PFFers as classmates, so you won't be roaming the halls of the internet alone!

These classes are entirely optional. Being a member of PFF does not mean you have to take the classes. Yet at the same time, they are very enjoyable, so I encourage you to at least try out a lesson or two.

PFF Classes offer all the courses which your favorite witches and wizards took when they were in school: even the electives once you get to Year 3. When you sign up, you sign up for an entire year of Hogwarts courses, which you may complete in any order you choose. Each course consists of three lessons, each with its own homework assignment, and a test.

Classes available

Year 1 (complete)
  • Potions
  • Astronomy
  • Herbology
  • Charms
  • Transfiguration
  • History of Magic
  • Defense Against the Dark Arts
  • Flying

Year 2 (complete)
  • Potions
  • Astronomy
  • Herbology
  • Charms
  • Transfiguration
  • History of Magic
  • Defense Against the Dark Arts

Additional Information

• Inactivity: If you haven't been active in the classes three months after you were added to the group, you will be removed from the class group and you have to re-apply to be able to continue. When you re-apply you are able to start from where you left off, as we still have all of your grades and homework.
  • Homework: Each lesson in a class (there are four) will have homework that you must complete and hand in (by posting in the topic unless noted elsewhere)
  • Creativity: Creativity is encouraged on all assignments. So long as you don't contradict the assignment, make up information where the books are lacking and have fun with it.
  • Test: The fourth lesson of each class is a test you must complete that involves information from the first three lessons so you will need to complete the first three lessons before attempting the fourth.
  • Failing: If you fail a class, you may retake it by applying again and re-doing the homework.
  • Second year: You need to finish your first year by taking all the subjects and passing at least seven of them, before signing up for your second year of classes.
  • Third year electives: As you near completion of your second year, a professor will ask you which electives you are most interested in. This is not binding, but helps us determine which lessons to prioritize writing.

Where do I...
...apply for classes? Class Lists and Applications
...check on my scores? Year 1 Year 2
...check to see which lessons I've completed? Year 1 Year 2 Completed classes will be noted in the Class Applications tab, completed lessons will be noted via a green cell in the appropriate subject's tab. If you are confused, just ask.
...see announcements of passed classes? Class Results
...ask for help on homework? Homework Help

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
ImageImageImage

MoonlitFox
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 1,033.50
Pottermore Username: BloodCat122

Re: PFF Classes - Overview

Postby MoonlitFox » January 27th, 2013, 3:29 am

Hi! Sorry newbie here, but I'm wondering how the lessons/homework for the Year 1 Flying class are set up? Is it something that I could easily do here on the forum.
Image Image Image Image

OakNight
Order of Merlin, Third Class
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: OakNight93

Postby OakNight » January 28th, 2013, 11:25 am

Yes, they are. :)
All of the Year 1 classes are up. You just need to apply for them, and then a professor will make the lessons visible to you.
Applications thread
Image PFF Class Professor Image
Image Image Image

OakNight

Postby OakNight » March 9th, 2013, 11:52 pm

You may have noticed that if you are taking classes, you can see not only the classrooms you signed up for, but all of them.
Worry not, for that was intentional!

If you go to the first post of the applications thread, you will also notice that our application form changed.
You now need only sign up for the year.
If you are just beginning classes, sign up for Year 1. Once you've completed a year, you may sign up for the next year.

With this new structure, you are able to work on as many classes at a time as you wish (instead of being limited to three)

However, we strongly advise you to wait until your homework is all graded before taking the test at the end of each course. That way if you misunderstood something, you can correct yourself.

One last thing:
You will no longer be removed from the classes after a set period of time from being added. Instead, if you are inactive (in the classes forum) for 3 months, you may be removed. You may of course always sign back up and resume where you left off.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Image Image Image

Riddle7052
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 5,009.00

Postby Riddle7052 » March 11th, 2013, 4:04 pm

Just to clarify, we don't need to sign up for classes anymore? We can just do them when we want?

OakNight

Postby OakNight » March 11th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Riddle7052 wrote:Just to clarify, we don't need to sign up for classes anymore? We can just do them when we want?

Yep :)
So long as you can see the classrooms, you are good to go.

You will need to initially sign up for PFF Classes (the forum section) but not for each individual course (as was the case before)
Riddle, you've already signed up, so you can just go ahead and take the classes in whatever order you want. :)
If you are inactive for a while and come back to find that you can no longer see the classrooms, just sign back up in the applications thread.

But the short answer is that you are correct in your thinking.
Image Image Image

OakNight

Postby OakNight » March 25th, 2013, 8:42 pm

For those of you who are VIP members of the forum, as you may have noticed, your VIP membership can periodically mess with your usergroups. So if you ever find yourself unable to access the classrooms, just post a note to the applications thread, or pm covlolly or myself, and we'll re-add you. :)
Image Image Image

Lyriel
Fifth Year Student
Fifth Year Student
Pottermore Username: AshLumos11714

Postby Lyriel » April 26th, 2013, 4:22 pm

Hello there! ^^

I believe I applied to Astronomy 1 Classes, and even did the first homework, but since I've been away from PFF for months, I don't have access to the subject anymore... Could you add me again please? x)
My wand ~ Ash and Unicorn, 11&1/2 in., quite bendy~
~Approval on the subjects: Astronomy 1 [113 pts]

Will you help me raise my dragon? Click -> Removed for breaking sig guidelines -Rhynn Thank you ♥

ShadowLarsie
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Pottermore Username: ShadowShield1374

Postby ShadowLarsie » May 9th, 2013, 4:59 am

Beginning today with PFF Classes!

Update

I'm only doing like one lessen per 2 months but I'm making progress, lol! xD
-Larsie1 :gryffindor: :hogwarts: ------ :lion: ------ :snitch: :snitch: :snitch: ------ :lion: ------ :hogwarts: :gryffindor:
Reading, Writing, Gaming, Pottering = LARSIE!
Image Image Image Image

OakNight

Postby OakNight » August 12th, 2013, 11:49 pm

The second year of classes is now complete! :hogwarts:
That didn't take long at all. :P

We will begin work on Third Year classes, but may not post them until either someone completes Year 2 or we've completed the whole year.

When you near completion of your second year we'll ask you what electives you are most interested in. This is not binding, but will help us prioritize our writing.
Image Image Image

Return to “PFF Classes”