Pottermore Insider

Discuss all that is Pottermore in this forum.
Beware: Information may contain spoilers about the website-Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Professors

Hermione Leviosa
Order of Merlin, Second Class
Points on hand: 335.00
Pottermore Username: DragonProphecy118

Re: Pottermore Insider

Postby Hermione Leviosa » November 12th, 2016, 7:19 pm

Well, it has been a while since I have posted Pottermore information. I thought I would put in a few things that has been on Pottermore since my last post.

Of course the biggest news of late was the Patronus test that was posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=289840#p289840

LEGO Dimensions added Harry Potter and will soon add Fantastic Beasts. Here is a look:

The final trailer for Fantastic Beasts was released:

The Fantastic Beasts E-book Cover was redesigned by Olly Moss

Pottermore writes about Aritst Jim Kay joy illustrating Diagon Alley

Eddie Redmayne discovers his Patronus

JK Rowling releases new writing on The Magical Congress of the United States of America: https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/macusa

Eight clues from the Fantastic Beasts featurette: https://www.pottermore.com/news/8-excit ... featurette

Empire launches first ever moving cover in celebration of Fantastic Beasts. You probably have to look at this to understand: https://www.pottermore.com/news/empire- ... tic-beasts

Now this is pretty cool. Google's Daydream Virtual Reality Technology allows you to step inside Newt Scamander’s shed. See the demo: https://vr.google.com/daydream/demo/

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film premier in New York was covered by Pottermore: https://www.pottermore.com/news/jk-rowl ... n-new-york

See also interviews with the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them cast on Pottermore.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage ImageImageImage click stamps

Poppy
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 9,206.00
Pottermore Username: dragonwing9

Postby Poppy » November 12th, 2016, 9:48 pm

Thanks hermione, hadn't seen a lot of that! Made me even more excited for fantastic beats.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Bren
Wizard/Witch
Wizard/Witch
Points on hand: 9,239.00
Pottermore Username: CentaurPatronus2539

Postby Bren » November 13th, 2016, 2:40 am

Thanks for doing this Hermione I rarely visit Pottermores new site but I've looked a couple of your links and will go back later to see more. thanks gain :)
ImageImage
Image Image ImageImageImage

Poppy
Head of Department
Head of Department

Postby Poppy » November 13th, 2016, 3:12 am

Just taken a look at some of the links properly, that newspaper is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!! Wish they were in Australia, would buy one. Not really sure what the Google thing is... it says there are none near me.

Didn't go into much of the Fantastic Beasts stuff because I don't like knowing anything about the movie before I see it, but the interviews were cool. Loved Eddie's bowtruckle. And Evanna is such a fangirl haha.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Cora Ticum
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 11,805.00
Pottermore Username: VineUnicorn20895

Postby Cora Ticum » November 13th, 2016, 5:46 am

Thanks for posting those links Hermione! :D I get really excited for Fantastic Beasts. I so hope it will live up to expectations, but it looks great from what I've seen now.
The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong. - Laura Ingalls Wilder
ImageImageImage

Hermione Leviosa

Postby Hermione Leviosa » November 14th, 2016, 7:03 pm

I'm really excited about seeing Fantastic Beasts too. Poppy, I am trying not to see too much from the Fantastic Beasts movie till I see it too. I will definately look at them really well after I see the movie. I am not sure if I will see the movie in 3D, since it is a bit expensive (I think it may be worth it though). Is anyone going to see the 3D version?

Today Pottermore posted that everyone who bought a ticket to the gala screening of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at Carnegie Hall also donated to Lumos by buying the ticket to the event. Here are some clips that gives more on Lumos:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Poppy
Head of Department
Head of Department

Postby Poppy » November 14th, 2016, 9:16 pm

I'm not such a fan of 3D.. so I think I'll just watch it normally.

I adore bonnie jk Rowling and evanna ... the work they do is so important.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Cora Ticum
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 11,805.00
Pottermore Username: VineUnicorn20895

Postby Cora Ticum » November 15th, 2016, 3:24 am

I also won't watch it in 3D. I don't really see how it adds anything. When I'm absorbed in a film I automatically assume myself as part of it all. I have once seen a film in 3D in the cinema and I only found it irritating to wear those 3D glasses, and in the end not everything has the 3D effect.
Nice to know that Lumos is still going strong. At university we also regularly volunteered for them. I agree Poppy that it's important work.
The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong. - Laura Ingalls Wilder
ImageImageImage

Hermione Leviosa

Postby Hermione Leviosa » November 15th, 2016, 8:42 pm

Thank you Poppy and Cora. That helped me feel better about deciding not watching the 3D version of the film.

Pottermore announced that Harry Potter and the Cursed Child won Best Play at the Evening Standard Theatre Awards and gave the writer, Jack Thorne's reaction. https://www.pottermore.com/news/jack-th ... t-play-win

Pottermore also wrote on the European premiere of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. https://www.pottermore.com/news/jk-rowl ... n-premiere
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Hermione Leviosa

Postby Hermione Leviosa » November 16th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Pottermore posted that the Harry Potter Film Concert Series is going on tour. https://www.pottermore.com/news/harry-p ... stin-freer
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Pottermore”