How do you feel about your wand?

Discuss all that is Pottermore in this forum.
Beware: Information may contain spoilers about the website-Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Professors

Hermione Leviosa
Order of Merlin, Second Class
Order of Merlin, Second Class
Points on hand: 335.00
Pottermore Username: DragonProphecy118

Re: How do you feel about your wand?

Postby Hermione Leviosa » February 3rd, 2014, 5:20 pm

McKinstry wrote:
* Also, I wouldn't get caught up on Unicorn Hair not being as "strong" or "flamboyant" as Dragon Heartstring. In my opinion creativity and quick thinking would be far more important in using a wand rather than brute force. The likes of Dumbledore preforming spells the likes of which no one had even seen before, especially creative.

Tim

I like that perspective. Thanks. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage ImageImageImage click stamps

Felix
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: FelicisNewt26210

Postby Felix » February 27th, 2014, 9:52 pm

I've got a cool wand, I guess. Specs:

Blackthorn,
Phoenix Feather,
14 1/2,
Hard.

Blackthorn is generally suited for a warrior, and the hard rigidity is generally for people who are stubborn and that's...Accurate. The Phoenix Feather is just sort of there, and I heard that length is sometimes linked to personality? I have enough personality, in that case.
I read somewhere this would be a good wand set-up for an auror, and I've always thought the aurors were the best in all of Harry Potter (who doesn't?) so it's nice. I guess. Hahah.
Ferte in noctem animam meam, Illustrent stellae viam meam
Aspectu illo glorior, Dum capit nox diem
Cantate vitae canticum, Sine dolore actae
Dicite eis quos amabam, Me numquam obliturum

Steernbeere
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 83.00
Pottermore Username: Steernbeere

Postby Steernbeere » August 24th, 2016, 11:32 am

I am very happy with mine, Hazel Phoenix feather core and unbending flexibility. I think it is powerful although difficult to master and I might be gifted and divination in the potterworld. Also I imagine that at the beginning I would have trouble with my wand which would be challenging and funny

Dia
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 5,253.50
Pottermore Username: MoonFang207

Postby Dia » September 19th, 2016, 11:48 pm

I don't know.

Maple
13 inches
Slightly Springy
Phoenix Feather core

Garrick Ollivander often found that those chosen by maple wands are by nature travellers and explorers; they are not stay-at-home wands, and prefer ambition in their witch or wizard, otherwise their magic grows heavy and lacklustre. Fresh challenges and regular changes of scene cause this wand to literally shine, burnishing itself as it grows, with its partner, in ability and status.[2]

This is a beautiful and desirable wood, and wand quality maple has been among the most costly for centuries. Possession of a maple wand has long been a mark of status, because of its reputation as the wand of high achievers.[2]

I say I don't know because I'm such a homebody lol. But I do love new challenges, I'm ambitious, and I like that it's the wand of high achievers. So maybe?
Image Image Image
I am hollow. And I miss what things might have been. ϟ Image

Hufflin It
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 77.00
Pottermore Username: Hufflin It

Postby Hufflin It » July 12th, 2017, 10:59 pm

I love it since the Rowan Wood is the hardest if at all to be used by the Dark Arts.

Siriusly_Slytherin
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 4.00

Postby Siriusly_Slytherin » July 13th, 2017, 1:41 pm

My wand is an acacia wood wand with a unicorn hair and brittle flexibility at 14", and I feel quite happy with most of this. First off, I feel the wand wood is personally fitting to me. In Wand Woods by J.K. Rowling, Mr. Ollivander states that, "...acacia is not suited to what is commonly known as 'bangs-and-smells' magic". I feel that this wood portrays a feeling of both precision and accuracy, and that it is a wand for someone who is a perfectionist, like myself. I am also pleased with the wand core. It is very consistent and most heavily abstains from the dark arts over any other wand, and I feel that this consistency would be very helpful, as I believe a wand's power should remain consistent and true. The only part of my wand that I don't really understand is the flexibility. I'm confused on whether a brittle wand suggest a very stubborn personality, as it would exhibit very little bending, or if it shows an extremely fluctuating opinion, since it would most likely take little effort to break this wand. That's my opinion on my personal wand, and it was fun getting to share this.

sportshp
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 58.00

Postby sportshp » December 13th, 2017, 9:59 am

My wand is:

Apple wood with a Unicorn hair core 12" and Solid flexibility

It really fits me. I'm a Hufflepuff... I think Apple and Unicorn go together. Both would never consider the Dark Arts. Also, the Apple, when you look more deeply into meaning, has healing properties. I use Apples to help with my sensitive GI tract. Apple Wand people also have the ability to talk to magical creatures. I definitely have psychic/mediumship abilities. Another thing is my Patronus is a Doe which is motherly/feminine and Apple also has a feminine/motherly Energy too. It fits like a glove. The Solid flexibility fits because while I am a very nice person (almost too nice for my own good, I have been told) I do have certain beliefs and I stick to them, but if someone shows me a different point of view is better then I will adjust accordingly. I don't necessarily love change but when change happens, I do embrace it and adjust as I need to.

crazyharryfan
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 57.00

Postby crazyharryfan » March 1st, 2018, 10:08 pm

Feeling happy about mine! I got Beech wood with a unicorn hair core, 11" and unbending flexibility. Sounds super cool! I was always into unicorns :)

Tara558
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 52.00
Pottermore Username: Taralee

Postby Tara558 » March 16th, 2018, 8:07 am

Mine is Cypress wood, 10 3/4", unicorn hair core, and slightly springy flexibility. Most of it seems to fit me well, except the wood which doesn't suit me whatsoever.

Return to “Pottermore”