A Complete Guide to Pottermore (SPOILERS!)(GoF added)

Discuss all that is Pottermore in this forum.
Beware: Information may contain spoilers about the website-Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Professors

Rhynn
Honorary Member - VIP
Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 2,956.00
Pottermore Username: SeerHawthorn125

Re: A Complete Guide to Pottermore (SPOILERS!)(Rewritten+POA

Postby Rhynn » August 6th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Yes, I have indeed gone through the old chapters on my main account. I forgot to note where to re-collect stuff though :(
ImageImageImage

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Postby Riverfirebolt » August 6th, 2013, 4:04 pm

Thats ok then, didn't like the idea you were missing out on the points just because you were doing it on a new account to help the rest of us out with the guide. :D
ImageImageImageImageImage

Horntail
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: GhostNimbus15927

Postby Horntail » August 6th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Hrmm, that's a tricky one. It might be the squid, but there's no trigger for it as far as I know; it just moves on its own. Are you sure you've clicked on all three of the light balls, and let them swing until they're still again? I remember I had to wait a few moments for it to finish, but eventually it filled the bar. Also, just in case, make sure to move over the pot to open it again. I noticed it was unfinished on my normal account as well and couldn't figure out what it was, but opening the pot again did the trick!

Thanks Rhynn thought it you might have it with the lamps but I still can't get it to go. The squid is still only sometimes appearing, sometimes it appears but freezes at second window and goes blurry, etc. Might be a glitch or my browser settings

I can't work out any of the new issues you seem to be having on your main account
I checked Ashdurst's advice about the blinking mask in borgin and burkes and I can get the top mask to blink/change its eye colour when I hover over it, but its so small it looks like a pixel glitch

I was also using my only, old account for this though and I didn't have any problems here or in Harry becomes an Outcast or the Knight Bus - though I do think I had always been missing those books and galleons

No idea what to suggest I'm afraid!

Elydeth
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby Elydeth » August 14th, 2013, 5:58 am

Rhynn wrote:Moment 3: Borgin and Burkes (CSCH4.2)
Oooh, I love the creepy atmosphere. And I realise that might make me a bit creepy, too.
In any case, let's get started!

Layer 1
See that bell on the counter, which make a tinging sound when you move over it? Hover over the drawer below it. There should be some Galleons to pick up! Five of them, which is nice.

Layer 2
Oh hey, Malfoy Sr. and Jr. are standing at the door there. Well, see those masks on the right? Click the one with the long pointed nose to collect it. Oh and careful, the skull in the shadows there bites. The creepy hook things which you can see silhouetted move around, as well.

Layer 3
There's a jar of Dragon Liver in the right window, around the middle. And the Hand of Glory is creepy. The thing next to the hand splutters, and the eyeball moves around. One of the bottles on the right has some flashing light in it.
The entrance bell tingles, and the jar on the Vanishing Cabinet has eyes moving around in it.

I seem to be missing something in this moment!

You're missing this:

Layer 2
The eyes of the upper mask blinks.

;)

Greetings from Italy!

PotionScale
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Pottermore Username: PotionScale190

Postby PotionScale » August 15th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Rhynn wrote:Something Peculiar is Happening (PSCH1.2)
The second moment! One bit of extra info to unlock, so let's get cracking ;)

Layer 1
McGonagall is here again and she'll do the same as in moment 1. She's been joined by Dumbledore though and he's holding the Deluminator... which actually works if you move over it. Try it out! I haven't managed to turn the lights back on again though, but who needs light anyway :P
Dumbledore is standing next to the streetlight, which glows purple if you hover over it. Clicking it unlocks the Measurements extra info!

Layer 2
Nothing of interest.

Layer 3
Again nothing of interest. On to moment 3! If by now you don't have the moment complete yet, try refreshing the page and not using the deluminator. Wag McGonagall's tail, zoom in and out a few times, wag her tail again, and see if that gives you the moment-finish tingle. It somehow worked for me. Thanks to Jemby51 for the tip, here!

Checklist
New from J. K. Rowling:
-Measurements

Accidentally noticed this while I was trying to get that bar to fill up completely:
In Layer 2, there's a house on the left of McGonagall, if you hover over upper window (the left one, bigger, right above the car), a muggle will move the curtain which will fill up the moment bar.
Image Image Image Image Image

Riv
Order of Merlin, Third Class
Points on hand: 22.19
Pottermore Username: WildRiver35
Location: Sneaking around the Ministry on an undercover job from RWP

Postby Riv » August 20th, 2013, 5:22 am

Elydeth wrote:
Rhynn wrote:Moment 3: Borgin and Burkes (CSCH4.2)
Oooh, I love the creepy atmosphere. And I realise that might make me a bit creepy, too.
In any case, let's get started!

Layer 1
See that bell on the counter, which make a tinging sound when you move over it? Hover over the drawer below it. There should be some Galleons to pick up! Five of them, which is nice.

Layer 2
Oh hey, Malfoy Sr. and Jr. are standing at the door there. Well, see those masks on the right? Click the one with the long pointed nose to collect it. Oh and careful, the skull in the shadows there bites. The creepy hook things which you can see silhouetted move around, as well.

Layer 3
There's a jar of Dragon Liver in the right window, around the middle. And the Hand of Glory is creepy. The thing next to the hand splutters, and the eyeball moves around. One of the bottles on the right has some flashing light in it.
The entrance bell tingles, and the jar on the Vanishing Cabinet has eyes moving around in it.

I seem to be missing something in this moment!

You're missing this:

Layer 2
The eyes of the upper mask blinks.

;)

Greetings from Italy!

Ah, finally!! I was able to fill in that bar! Thank you so much! =)

Oh, and in CoH, Chapter 12, Moment 3, The Slytherin Common Room - it's not just the light you have to play with - if you hover over the big snake picture that's over the fireplace, the eye of the snake will glow for a few moments. I still haven't been able to fill the bar on that moment, I just don't know what I'm missing. I've played with all the lights, the snake's eye lit up, the squid did it's rounds, I've collected everything I could (the collection part happened BEFORE the updates)...

The only other moment I seem to be missing something is The Knight Bus moment in PoA, so you might be right about older accounts who did the collecting before not being able to fill the bar due to some animations missing (the galleons rolling on the floor in the Knight Bus, for example). So I guess I'll eternally have two moments I wasn't able to complete D= I hate this feeling, I always want everything fully complete. XD
ImageImageImage
Slytherin ExtraordinaireNo.1 Fan of the Slytherin PrinceEstonian For Life
~Writing ~ Tumblr~

DustCloak97
Second Year Student
Second Year Student

Postby DustCloak97 » August 21st, 2013, 2:04 am

Have you tried gifting and recollecting the Montague Knightley card from the table drawer? I did this and completed the moment.

I'm also missing something from the Knight Bus, and whenever I enter Book 3, Chapter 5 the bar fills but when I leave it reverts to its previous percentage.

Riv

Postby Riv » August 21st, 2013, 8:16 am

Nope, the recollecting didn't work =/I have a feeling it's got something to do with that weird skull-head-thingie on the mantlepiece that previously had 5 galleons in it, but since I already collected them before the updates, it's now empty. Whenever I hover over it to open the skull, all the animation stops around it - the fire freezes, the squid freezes, everything freezes. I can still hear all the sound effects when I go over things etc, but the animation isn't working after that. It's really strange.
ImageImageImage
~Writing ~ Tumblr~

DustCloak97
Second Year Student
Second Year Student

Postby DustCloak97 » August 21st, 2013, 9:33 am

Strange. Tried using another browser? The skull is supposed to open up, even if you already collected the galleons.

Riv

Postby Riv » August 21st, 2013, 9:36 am

No, what I mean is it opens up, and AFTER that every animation freezes. Sometimes I can get things to move again when I zoom out and back in again, but not every time (or then just for a couple of seconds and then it freezes up again). I haven't tried another browser, I'm not really into using so many different browsers, and Chrome has always worked perfectly for me otherwise...
ImageImageImage
~Writing ~ Tumblr~

Return to “Pottermore”