Has anyone tried making multiple Pottermore accounts to see differences?

Discuss all that is Pottermore in this forum.
Beware: Information may contain spoilers about the website-Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Professors

JoyStar
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 56.00

Has anyone tried making multiple Pottermore accounts to see differences?

Postby JoyStar » September 24th, 2017, 7:51 pm

I have one account, and I'm considering creating another with another one of my email addresses to see if I get a house/wand/Patronus difference. The houses I'm sure will stay the same though.

Has anyone else done this? Did you get different results or the same?

Dia
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 5,244.50
Pottermore Username: MoonFang207

Re: Has anyone tried making multiple Pottermore accounts to see differences?

Postby Dia » September 30th, 2017, 10:29 am

Over the years I've created maybe 10 or so other Pottermore accounts (sorry too curious). I've gotten Slytherin every time except the last 2 times. The last 2 times I've gotten Gryffindor. Not sure what to make of that completely but it's not far fetched. While I feel I'm still a Slytherin at my core, I think I've been put into situations as of late that push me into displaying my Gryffindor side.

As for my wand, I didn't pay attention to it every time. I do remember that it didn't change much. It was never a drastic difference. Like the wood would change but I'd still end up with the same length, flexibility and what not. I've not made another account since the patronus test came out. But I got an aardvark. And while part of the description for them sounds right I can't help but feel something else would have suited me better.
Image Image Image
“I never meant to cause you trouble. And I never meant to do you wrong.
And ah well if I ever caused you trouble. And oh no I never meant to do you harm.” ϟ Image

Cora Ticum
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 11,796.00
Pottermore Username: VineUnicorn20895

Postby Cora Ticum » September 30th, 2017, 6:26 pm

I have also done this once because I was curious. The first time I got sorted was in 2012 and last year I wondered if I would still get Gryffindor if I tried again. I made a new account and got Gryffindor again, and even my wand was almost exactly the same (only difference was that I got Phoenix Feather core first and second time it was Unicorn Hair).

I have read online that some people are opposed to creating several accounts as they believe it is cheating, and you should accept your first time result. I really do not agree with this. In the end a test like this is just a selection of 7 questions, and results can really differ at every try. Also, many people like me and you are really just curious to see if they would still get the same result at a later point in life. In the end I think it really is up to anyone personally to decide where they fit best.
The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong. - Laura Ingalls Wilder
ImageImageImage

Pamela Bode
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 178.00

Postby Pamela Bode » October 1st, 2017, 2:37 am

I have multiple accounts on Pottermore ( about 5). Out of them, 2 are Ravenclaw, one Slytherin, one Hufflepuff, and one Gryffindor. However, when I took the sorting test on other sites, all of them but one, came Gyffindor. So I became a Gryff.
All the questions were not same, but I never got the question, '"Which house do you want to be in?"
The stories we love best do live in us forever, so whether you come back by page or by big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.

Cora Ticum
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 11,796.00
Pottermore Username: VineUnicorn20895

Postby Cora Ticum » October 1st, 2017, 2:58 am

You only get the 'Which house do you want to be in?' question when you're a hat stall, I think. That's quite an achievement Pamela that you got sorted in all four houses at one point and never was a hat stall. :)
The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong. - Laura Ingalls Wilder
ImageImageImage

Pamela Bode
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 178.00

Postby Pamela Bode » October 1st, 2017, 4:23 am

Well..Cora..Thankyou! :)
The stories we love best do live in us forever, so whether you come back by page or by big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.

Dia
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 5,244.50
Pottermore Username: MoonFang207

Postby Dia » October 1st, 2017, 11:19 am

Cora Ticum wrote:I have read online that some people are opposed to creating several accounts as they believe it is cheating, and you should accept your first time result.

I quoted because this made me think. I was a beta back when Pottermore came out. I remember going into the test thinking I'd get Ravenclaw. I was hoping for Ravenclaw and did not want Gryffindor or Hufflepuff at all. I was forced to accept my sorting because it would be months before I would have the opportunity to take the test again. And to be honest I questioned my sorting for a few weeks. I felt disappointment to an extent. I wonder if I would have tried again until I got what I wanted. I'd like to think not but who knows. In the end, I'm glad I wasn't able to take the test again. After taking the test again multiple times anyways I know Slytherin is where I belong.
Image Image Image
“I never meant to cause you trouble. And I never meant to do you wrong.
And ah well if I ever caused you trouble. And oh no I never meant to do you harm.” ϟ Image

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 131.00

Postby Rosaline55 » October 4th, 2017, 11:49 pm

Actually I do oppose creating several accounts but when I read this topic and its replies,I decided to give another try .
I got Hufflepuff as Hogwarts house, Thunder Bird as Ilvermorny House, greyhound as patronus and a wand made of rowan wood,quite bendy flexibility,13 1/4 inches and dragon heartstring core.
But the results in my first account differ greatly except for wand because I got Gryffindor,Pukwudgie,Black Bear and wand made of rowan wood,13 3/4 inches,unicorn hair and quite bendy flexibility.
I think you can give another try too JoyStar.
ImageImage
-The greatest mistake is the mistake from which we learn nothing.

Caronis Tarrenarm
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 141.00

Postby Caronis Tarrenarm » October 8th, 2017, 3:29 am

Is there a limit to how many Pottermore accounts you can have? I've just set up a new one with the name Astelle Mournpeak. This time I was sorted into Gryffindor with Horned Serpent as my Ilvermorny house. Thirteen inch wand made of dogwood with dragon heartstring. Patronus: Husky.

NightSarabande
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 55.00

Postby NightSarabande » November 13th, 2017, 5:14 pm

Due to my forgetting either my e-mail address and/or password, I've had to make five different Pottermore accounts. I've gotten Slytherin every time I've taken the test.

Return to “Pottermore”