Wizarding World Book Club on Pottermore

Discuss all that is Pottermore in this forum.
Beware: Information may contain spoilers about the website-Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Professors

NightRook30697
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 1,356.30
Pottermore Username: NightRook30697

Wizarding World Book Club on Pottermore

Postby NightRook30697 » June 23rd, 2017, 4:28 pm

Don't use Pottermore much, but went on to see what my Patronus is and saw this...

https://my.pottermore.com/wizarding-world-book-club

Not sure how it will work, the whole share your thoughts on Twitter bit bothers me, not sure quite how much of a conversation you can have on there, but who knows, maybe worth having a look.

Is anyone else signed up?

MrSleepyHead
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 27.50
Pottermore Username: WalnutFirebolt138

Re: Wizarding World Book Club on Pottermore

Postby MrSleepyHead » June 23rd, 2017, 11:42 pm

It going through Twitter is tough for me to follow. As I'm not a Twitter user, learning both the platform and having to condense discussion into 140 characters at a time seems problematic, unless a chat room-esque discussion board opens up at 4p BST Fridays (which is a limiting time in and of itself). I will probably be passing this by, since I just don't know how to work it, nor is the time convenient.

McKinstry
Sixth Year Student
Sixth Year Student
Points on hand: 400,314.00
Pottermore Username: LumosSun28350

Postby McKinstry » June 24th, 2017, 3:28 am

I also signed up and followed the Twitter account. No idea what to expect yet really.

"Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind."
Henry James

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Postby Riverfirebolt » June 24th, 2017, 4:26 am

MrSleepyHead wrote:having to condense discussion into 140 characters at a time seems problematic,

Slight understatement... :lol:

Good to see you back Mr Sleepy.

I have joined up too and done something I never thought I would do, downloaded the Twitter app. (Wonder how much they had to pay to get the discussion on there?)

May be an idea if a few of us are signed up to run our own discussion topic here, so we can follow along and discuss any of the better ideas in more detail.

Oh yes, Rook, thanks for pointing it out and by the way, what is your Patronus? :P
ImageImageImageImageImage

ThestralUnicorn21416
Fifth Year Student
Fifth Year Student
Points on hand: 1,149.38
Pottermore Username: ThestralUnicorn21416

Postby ThestralUnicorn21416 » June 24th, 2017, 7:23 am

Sounds interesting, but reading some of the tweets already it is just a lot of people posting pictures and I love Harry Potter etc, seems impossible to hold a proper conversation on there.

Would be good to maybe use their discussion to start us off and carry it on through the forum.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

NightRook30697
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 1,356.30
Pottermore Username: NightRook30697

Postby NightRook30697 » June 24th, 2017, 1:49 pm

I now know how much I hate Twitter, had a look at the introductions earlier and it is so annoying. Surely there must be a better platform to discuss this?

Riverfirebolt wrote:May be an idea if a few of us are signed up to run our own discussion topic here, so we can follow along and discuss any of the better ideas in more detail.

Hate to say it, but River is right, a discussion here based on the themes and comments on Twitter would be more interesting.

If we named it wwbookclub discussion, who knows, we may get a few new members from it. :D

Cora Ticum
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 11,805.00
Pottermore Username: VineUnicorn20895

Postby Cora Ticum » June 25th, 2017, 3:05 am

This idea sounds interesting, but I agree with others here that Twitter is quite a sucky platform for something like this. I don't have Twitter either and agree with Mr Sleepy that discussion can be limited with only 140 characters to use at a time. :lol:

However, using that club as a guideline for a discussion here is a great idea.
The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong. - Laura Ingalls Wilder
ImageImageImage

ErisedQuill
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 29.00

Postby ErisedQuill » June 25th, 2017, 8:22 am

I for one am excited and intrigued to see what they will be doing with the book club starting tomorrow (as I have been trying to find time to re-read the Harry Potter books with my hectic schedule lately). I think instead of hurriedly reading the first book, I will follow along with them and do the first four chapters this week and see what happens in the discussion with the first theme!

Waterfall
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: Waterfall

Postby Waterfall » June 28th, 2017, 4:48 am

I've signed up for it, so I'm hoping that it will be a good experience! I opted to re-read the series again before the first chat on Twitter... and read the Philosopher's Stone twice just to make sure I knew it perfectly! But that comes from being a Ravenclaw I guess...

Waterfall :ravenclaw:

McKinstry
Sixth Year Student
Sixth Year Student
Points on hand: 400,314.00
Pottermore Username: LumosSun28350

Postby McKinstry » June 28th, 2017, 6:28 am

I've read the first 4 chapters :) And my 20th anniversary Gryff edition should be waiting for me.

Not many discussions to be had on Twitter, mainly photos of peoples books and scarfs etc.

Ahh, the discussion begins this Friday.

"Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind."
Henry James

Return to “Pottermore”