How do you feel about your house ?

Discuss all that is Pottermore in this forum.
Beware: Information may contain spoilers about the website-Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Professors

Emerald Flame
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 90.00

Re: How do you feel about your house ?

Postby Emerald Flame » July 6th, 2017, 8:22 pm

I'm happy as a Slytherin, although I could do without the negative reaction and unfair judgment that some times occurs when I tell other HP fans I'm in Slytherin. Of course, this kind of attitude toward me being in Slytherin doesn't happen to me all the time, but it's happened a few times to make me annoyed by it.

Hufflin It
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 77.00
Pottermore Username: Hufflin It

Postby Hufflin It » July 12th, 2017, 7:08 pm

I absolutely love Hufflepuff and feel that it perfectly suits my personality. I have always been told by my friends that I have been kind, dedicated to everything I attempt to accomplish, very loyal, and hard working. Also with the career I chose in being a Kindergarten Teacher I have to be Patience and Tolerant,

Pamela Bode
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 258.00

Postby Pamela Bode » October 29th, 2017, 11:56 am

Well..recently I find I am being sorted into Ravenclaw.
But I used to be a Gryffindor.
Of course I like Gryffindor!(who doesn't)
I like being bold, and brave. But main thing is there have been so many famous wizards in Gryffindor. So I LOVE BEING A GRYFF!!

It is the quality of one's convictions that determine success not the number of followers ~ Remus John Lupin

Dia
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 5,252.50
Pottermore Username: MoonFang207

Postby Dia » October 31st, 2017, 4:40 pm

Dia wrote:I do feel I was sorted into the right house and yep, I'm happy about it. I had taken a few online tests before being sorted and got Ravenclaw. Logically, I figured this was a pretty good house for me. But I hadn't thought about it too much. When Pottermore arrived and I went to take my quiz my thought process was "Not Gryffindor or Hufflepuff please!". When I was sorted into Slytherin I was at first relieved and then later confused. I didn't really see myself as a Slytherin but I can see it now. I've since taken the sorting quiz many times and came up Slytherin all but twice (the other two being Gryffindor). While I do value intelligence and wit I can't deny the traits of Slytherin. They override everything. I'm always competing even when I'm not. I have to get my way. I have to do things the best. I can seemingly throw someone under the bus but there's practicality behind it. I plan out everything that I possibly can. I look at all the paths and pick the one that will give me the end result I need. I'm a nice person but I think pragmatically. Case in point: One of my coworkers that I love to death could be promoted to take the position that I'm leaving but I don't think she should get it. I'd tell her that to her face. I don't know how to explain it. Slytherin just suits me. I can't imagine being in another house, ever.

Annnnnd now about a year later I'm seriously doubting my sorting. Funny. Excuse me while I proclaim myself a Slythindor. I just keep thinking of that line in the Slytherin welcome message on Pottermore about Slytherin and Gryffindor being different sides of the same coin. Maybe the coin flipped?
Image Image Image
I am hollow. And I miss what things might have been. ϟ Image

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 153.00

Postby Rosaline55 » November 1st, 2017, 6:31 am

Though I would have liked to be in Ravenclaw, I was sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore. But I like Gryffindor very much as well because some of my favourite characters- Hermione, Lupin, Dumbledore, Minerva and Harry were in Gryffindor. I am proud to be marked as BRAVE and BOLD !!
:trio: -Books are the best friend of those who're lonely.- :trio:

Anna Bode
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 61.00

Postby Anna Bode » November 5th, 2017, 2:18 am

In most of the online tests(including Pottermore) I got Gryffindor, but in some I got Hufflepuff.
I too like others feel happy and proud to be a Gryffindor. :D :D :D
HAPPINESS can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

sportshp
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 58.00

Postby sportshp » December 22nd, 2017, 11:59 am

I'm very happy with Hufflepuff and feel that it fits me like a glove. I am an Empath and Capricorn Earth sign, both of which points to Hufflepuff as well. So even other specific aspects of myself point right at Hufflepuff. It is 100% accurate.

Demiguise
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 3.00

Postby Demiguise » January 21st, 2018, 1:29 pm

I have been sorted to Hufflepuff in every quiz I've ever taken, starting with the old one on the WB site, years ago. When Pottermore placed me in Hufflepuff, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

I've never seen the house as being "the least of" or "less than" the other students, but that could be because I came to the books as an adult. One of my favorite characters is Molly. I know she was in Gryffindor, but I think a strong case could have been made for sorting her to Hufflepuff. Who knows if the Hat gave her a choice, as we know it did with Harry?

I think people used to laugh a bit if you said you were Hufflepuff (maybe in a similar way to people making a face if someone said they were Slytherin), but that has definitely changed. Finding out about celebrities who have been sorted (we have The Rock, folks. how do you argue with that?) and the FB movie, built onto the way Hufflepuff proved their mettle in DH by staying to fight in the Battle of Hogwarts, has tipped the scales a bit in how others see us.

"I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks. One can never have enough socks" - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Pottermore”