Random Chatter Topic #8

Gather here at The Hog's Head to discuss whatever off "Pottermore" topic interests you may have. Meet with the other forum members and have a chat at the pub.

Moderator: Professors

MoonlitFox
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 1,033.50
Pottermore Username: BloodCat122

Re: Random Chatter Topic #8

Postby MoonlitFox » May 3rd, 2018, 11:47 pm

Caronis Tarrenarm wrote:I don't know who else might be having this problem, but here in Australia, parents are outraged by Asian shoppers who are stockpiling baby formula which they will then send back to their home countries. This is leaving Aussie parents with nothing to give their babies and toddlers.

As Dia has just said quite an interesting problem indeed. :? Where I live they're 25$ per container. Can't imagine stockpiling them.
Image Image Image Image

DawnPumpkin33
Deputy Headmaster - Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 14,760.00
Pottermore Username: DawnPumpkin33

Postby DawnPumpkin33 » July 4th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Hi PFFers!! How’s everyone been doing?! Life has been crazy hectic but in a good way! Though, I feel like the older I get the quicker time slips away. :lol:

Anyone going away for a vacation this summer?!

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,820.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » July 23rd, 2018, 12:36 am

Hey guys hope everyone been having a good summer. Nothing to exciting going on for me just been busy with work.

DawnPumpkin33 wrote:Anyone going away for a vacation this summer?!

Unfortunately nothing plan for the summer but I'm going to disney world for a week to do a event hosted by a unofficial disney parks news site. I did a event with them last year and it was a lot of fun to meet new people and do things I haven't done at the parks before or normally don't do.

Also I'm going to sound like the boy who cry wolf if you remember this about me since I say this a lot and then I don't go for many different reasons lol but I'm 90% sure this time I'm actually going to London and then taking the train to Disneyland paris in May 2019. Disneyland paris part of the trip is the easy part to plan but figuring out where to stay in london is more challenging since there are many different options. So trying to figure out that out now. I know you been many times Dani so if you or anyone else got any good suggestions I will appreciate it.
ImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,451.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » July 25th, 2018, 5:37 am

Hey everyone,

It is quite hot here. I'm more than happy that we have a small pool in our garden. That is how I spent most of my freetime as I can't spend too much time inside... it's way too warm. Anyways, I don't want to complain about the temperature. I remember having hoped for a nice and warm summer when it snowed in March...

Sadly, I won't be on vacation this summer as I don't have that much time... but I'm looking forward to a very cool work experience that will be a lot of fun :D and maybe in autumn or next year I need to visit Cornwall.

I hope you're having a great time too.
ImageImageImage

Pamela Bode
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 244.00

Postby Pamela Bode » July 25th, 2018, 9:35 am

Wow!
Looks like summer hols are still going on for you guys!
Our Summer holidays have been over a long time back(it was a month long holiday and it ended in mid-June. Of course, we are all busy studying and our half yearly exams will start in September. That's a long way off and I am busy surfing Pottermore and visiting PFF many times. But I never see a new post made by anyone. On 23rd, when I opened PFF, I was saw Jag's post and was like "Oh! There's a new post! I must write something!" Then my laptop battery got down. Merlin's Beard. I just opened PFF and saw Wolf had posted too! I really couldn't believe my eyes.
I know it sounds weird but it is the biggest thing that has happened on PFF for days. :lol:
BTW, PFF's seventh birthday is coming. Are you guys planning to do anything? :?

It is the quality of one's convictions that determine success not the number of followers ~ Remus John Lupin

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,820.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » July 29th, 2018, 12:27 am

I hope your work experience goes well Wolf!

Pamela Bode wrote:BTW, PFF's seventh birthday is coming. Are you guys planning to do anything? :?

Well I'm not really involved in the forum much anymore so can't really say if there is any plans but I was going to say I thought the site won't be working since I wasn't expecting the owners of the site to renew the domain name but according to the information I can see it looks like the domain name did get renew a few days ago so won't expired until August 9th 2019.
ImageImage

Bren
Wizard/Witch
Wizard/Witch
Points on hand: 9,238.00
Pottermore Username: CentaurPatronus2539

Postby Bren » July 29th, 2018, 3:51 am

I'm still around and its good to know the domain's been renewed for another year :)

Wolf I'm also been enjoying the sunshine it does make a change here in the UK to have such good weather, enjoy your work experience is there a chance it will lead to a permanent job?

Jag sorry I can't help with London info its not a place I've ever visited.
ImageImage
Image Image ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,451.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » July 29th, 2018, 11:39 am

Thanks :) It probably won't lead to a permanent job as I've already got one. It is a bit complicated to explain that. Let's just say that I've got a good job, I'm currently studying at university (that's part of my job) and I have to do that work experience for my studies and it has nothing to do with my actual job. So... it's a little complicated. I'll have another work experience (right after the first one) that has got something to do with my job. I'm looking forward to that one too.

The sunshine's great :) I have usually had good weather whenever I've been to the UK, whether it was January, April, May, July or November.

I've been to London many times. I've enjoyed the Premier Inn near Earl's Court station. I don't know too many places though.

I'm afraid I'm not planning anything for this year's PFF birthday. Couldn't come up with anything that wouldn't take too much time and would allow me to do my work experience and the things I have to do for university.
ImageImageImage

DawnPumpkin33
Points on hand: 14,760.00
Pottermore Username: DawnPumpkin33

Postby DawnPumpkin33 » August 15th, 2018, 7:52 pm

Jag17 wrote:
Also I'm going to sound like the boy who cry wolf if you remember this about me since I say this a lot and then I don't go for many different reasons lol but I'm 90% sure this time I'm actually going to London and then taking the train to Disneyland paris in May 2019. Disneyland paris part of the trip is the easy part to plan but figuring out where to stay in london is more challenging since there are many different options. So trying to figure out that out now. I know you been many times Dani so if you or anyone else got any good suggestions I will appreciate it.

Jagger!! Yay finally!!! Definitely PM or Skype me when ya wanna chat about it. I’ve stayed in a few different areas and at a couple different types of hotels. I can also share a super useful website I found!! I’m so excited for you!!

I’m not going to Europe this year (gasp, shocker I know) BUT I am going to Disney and Universal in early December to finally experience Christmas at the parks... I am sooooo crazy pumped about it!! Jagger, if you have any tips for Disney at Christmas crazy times I’d definitely appreciate it haha

Return to “The Hog's Head”