Random Questions Questionnaire.

Gather here at The Hog's Head to discuss whatever off "Pottermore" topic interests you may have. Meet with the other forum members and have a chat at the pub.

Moderator: Professors

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Random Questions Questionnaire.

Postby Riverfirebolt » June 27th, 2017, 7:27 am

These used to be really popular in VIP, thought it may be fun to try one here... Just answer the questions, feel free to ignore any that you feel are too personal and feel free to discuss the answers here.

1. What chapters would you separate your autobiography into?
2. What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own / owned?
3. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
4. What would your perfect room look like?
5. What job would you be terrible at?
6. What songs have you completely memorized?
7. What book, game, TV or movie universe would you most like to live in? (Apart from the HP universe obviously...)
8. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
9. If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?
10. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?

Code: Select all

[b]1. What chapters would you separate your autobiography into?[/b]
[b]2. What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own / owned?[/b]
[b]3. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?[/b]
[b]4. What would your perfect room look like?[/b]
[b]5. What job would you be terrible at?[/b]
[b]6. What songs have you completely memorized?[/b]
[b]7. What book, game, TV or movie universe would you most like to live in? (Apart from the HP universe obviously...)[/b]
[b]8. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?[/b]
[b]9. If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?[/b]
[b]10. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
[/b]
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,820.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Re: Random Questions Questionnaire.

Postby Jag17 » June 27th, 2017, 10:40 am

Well can't give all the chapters names but here are 3 of the main ones with a short summary about it.. If you want more info you will have to buy the book lol.
Chapter 1: Before birth. [That one time my mom went on splash mountain at disney when she didn't know she was pregnant with me.]
Chapter 3: Preschool years. [ I was in the local paper, and that one time I hit a teacher]
Chapter 5: Where were you born? [ Talking about my speech and other disabilities I had and why people always used to ask me that question at school. ]

Never had care about clothes but I guess I can talk about a t-shirt I used to have from Busch gardens a local theme park here. Used to wear it a lot when I was a little kid but mom finally had to throw it away when I was around 11.

Already involved with going to Disney a lot but wish I could travel the world and visit all of them as often as I wanted and just traveling in general. Spend a whole year or more with just visiting places and meeting new people.

With a nice view of a theme park lol. I don't care what my room looks like really just need a bed and a tv.

A Chef, just ask my old cooking teacher.

None not really good at memorizing songs.
7. What book, game, TV or movie universe would you most like to live in? (Apart from the HP universe obviously...)
Star wars but not sure what time period. All of them are interesting.

Well looks like base on miles it was the trip to California but that was when I was 6.
But hopefully will go farther then that soon.
9. If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?
I would just follow their directions and try to think it as a fun vacation.
10. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?

My mom would probably think I finally jump a fence into the construction zone at Disney.
ImageImage

NightRook30697
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 1,356.30
Pottermore Username: NightRook30697

Postby NightRook30697 » June 27th, 2017, 2:54 pm

Used to love these in VIP River, thanks for bringing them in here. :D

Jag, reading yours when I got to the last question I thought exactly that, the only illegal thing Jag would do is break into a theme park somehow.

Jag17 wrote:and that one time I hit a teacher

And please can we hear the story behind this? :lol:

My answers...

b]1. What chapters would you separate your autobiography into?[/b]
No idea, maybe rather than periods of my life it could be important things in my life, so family, friends, surfing, music etc.

So cheesy, but my Jedi Knight bathrobe, it is so cool.

Snowboarding, I tried it once at an indoor slope and absolutely loved it.

Depends on the purpose, to be honest though I really like my current living, kitchen, dining room, it is in a converted barn upstairs over stables, has windows all along one wall looking out over fields, painted green, obviously and white shelves along either end with really mismatched furniture, lots of different coloured woods etc. It is pretty cluttered with books, CDs, toys etc, but I love it. Everything in it especially the furniture means something to us, either passed down from someone, made by someone we know, etc.

Anything with computers IT etc, I teach kids basic computer skills and at 6 they already know more than I do.

Way too many to list. I sing along constantly and love songs with lyrics that mean something. Favourite one to sing along to though is probably Mr Brightside by the Killers.

The Shire. As long as there was a beach nearby. Reading the books, the way Tolkien describes the lifestyle in the shire sounds idyllic.

Sydney, I worked there for just over a year a few years back.

Nice question, like Catch-22 in reverse.
Is it even possible to prove you are sane? No idea really, just try and stay calm and in control.

Same as usual. :twisted:

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Postby Riverfirebolt » June 29th, 2017, 4:33 pm

Unsurprisingly Jag, your answers are very Disney orientated. :D

NightRook30697 wrote:10. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Same as usual. :twisted:

Love this.

My answers...

Early years in Cornwall
Ireland
PFF and meeting Heart
The horrors of pregnancy (Heart's not mine)
The Joy of fatherhood, yep cheesy I know.
Winning gold. (Assuming I'm writing it when I'm older...:))

Really, really good fitting black skinny jeans, I have had them about 4 years, can't get a new pair that fit as well so refuse to throw them out no matter how tatty they get.

Nothing, my hobby is my job, nothing really I would rather be doing.

Purple.
Actually my bedroom, it is purple, with gold bits, big dark wood furniture given us by a relative, and cream curtains, throw etc, I love it.

Anything indoors or in an office or shop.

A lot. The ones I always, always know all the words too and sing along to are probably mainly, Bowie, Muse, Stone Roses, but I do also strangely know all the words to a lot of old glam rock and songs by eighties band the Mission as my mum and dad played them constantly.

Probably Narnia, but in the peaceful eras.

Spain.

It is a bit Catch-22 I agree with Rook. So maybe on that basis tell them I am mad and happy to stay there. Surely no truly mad person knows they are mad?

Got drunk probably.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DawnPumpkin33
Deputy Headmaster - Honorary Member - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 14,760.00
Pottermore Username: DawnPumpkin33

Postby DawnPumpkin33 » July 4th, 2017, 12:00 pm

I've never thought of this and as a writer this question gives me anxiety. I would definitely have chapters on family, friends, etc... and probably a large chunk about my travels. And hopefully one day a chapter on how I overcame my personal demons. :)
I also used to have a pair of the perfect skinny jeans, for years. I wore them everywhere: concerts, dates, vacationing, and everywhere in between.
Now I would say this amazing dress I have. It's tailored, with box pleats and a flowing knee length skirt, hidden pockets and a zipper up the back. Purple, with a gorgeous floral overlay. :D
I would love to learn how to fly an airplane. And ideally have my own plane so I could jet around when I wanted to.
I'm not too fussed on bedrooms or living rooms. I'd really like a library/art room. Some place to not only enjoy a book, but write one, or illustrate one, or craft something. Airey, lots of natural light, woods everywhere, plush vintage furniture. A bit like this, but not so tidy and new.
Spoiler: show

Anything involving public speaking.
Far too many to list. It's a jukebox up in my brain. I'm also known to hum or whistle random tunes at any given moment. Sometimes unknowingly. :lol:
Erm... Game of Thrones if I thought I were clever enough to survive. Or Pirates of the Caribbean just so I can be a pirate lady and wear those awesome dresses. :lol:
London of course. :D
I've seen enough movies to know that isn't possible. I'd just have to tough it out until the therapist realized it and then let everyone know. I reckon.
Either I was caught stalking Prince Harry (obviously) or I overstayed my visa in England. :lol: Come to think of it, could technically be for both reasons at once.

Akiley Williams
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 216.00
Pottermore Username: SunBlood10584

Postby Akiley Williams » July 4th, 2017, 7:29 pm

Good question, it really depends on length. I would probably divide them into life events. Deaths, births, tragedies, etc.
I really love two hoodies I have: one is a Steam Powered Giraffe band hoodie and the other was something given to me by someone important to me.
Cosplay because I would love to be able to make stunning costumes.
The walls would be lined with bookshelves and filled with books, stuffed animals, and merchandise from various fandoms. My bed would be in a little nook on a wall. The opposite wall would have a desk with a high end computer and camera set up.
Any job that requires me to constantly be around food or a job that requires me to clean up.... well restrooms and bodily excretions.
I used to have Rest in Peace from the Buffy Musical episode memorized....Theme songs from various shows.
So I would want a world were I could be more than human.... maybe DC or Marvel. Or Doctor Who would be cool, I could deal with just being a human in that world.
When I was younger, I lived in Japan and at one point we came Stateside so.... That distance would be the farthest from home.
I have to say Dawn is right with this one. I've seen too many shows to know that would never work.
Likely I cracked and slugged someone. I put up with so much I'm surprised I haven't punched someone in the face.
"You want weapons? We're in a library. Books are the best weapon in the world.
This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm Yourself!"
-10th Doctor

ThestralUnicorn21416
Fifth Year Student
Fifth Year Student
Points on hand: 1,149.38
Pottermore Username: ThestralUnicorn21416

Postby ThestralUnicorn21416 » July 30th, 2017, 4:59 am

This is easy.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Etc.
Has to be my Unicorn t shirts, I have a few now, thanks to certain people finding the idea funny, but I do love them..
My two favourites right now are.
Spoiler: show

Surfing. I mean I do surf now, but I would like enough time to surf more. And enough money to be able to go to cool places to surf.
Same as Rook, see his description above, because we designed this place only two years ago the whole of our flat really.
Anything where I had to sit still. Office work mainly.
To sing from start to finish with no lyrics, not that many. Tainted Love (Gloria Jones, not Soft Cell), Bohemian Rhapsody, I am the Resurrection by the Stone Roses. Too many hymns to mention. There are loads more I sing along to and know the words when I have the song to guide me.
Probably the world of Robin Hood, from the BBC series. As long as I was an outlaw of course, they always seem to have so much fun.
Spain. Terrible I know. I do have plans to travel, but no money.
I wouldn't, I may try, just by trying to be calm, but I think I would soon lose my temper and being locked up would pretty soon drive me mad anyway.
I asked a couple of people and their first answer I had probably best not share here. The second was drunk and disorderly.

Akiley Williams wrote:6. What songs have you completely memorized?
I used to have Rest in Peace from the Buffy Musical episode memorized....Theme songs from various shows.

Great choice. Have to admit, put this on at our place and we all sing every word to every song. Not sure I know it off by heart though.

DawnPumpkin33 wrote:10. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Either I was caught stalking Prince Harry (obviously) or I overstayed my visa in England. :lol: Come to think of it, could technically be for both reasons at once.

It is almost like you asked me. The only other thing I would have said was stealing ginger hair dye.

Jag17 wrote:Chapter 5: Where were you born? [ Talking about my speech and other disabilities I had and why people always used to ask me that question at school. ]

So why do people always ask where you were born Jag? And we are still waiting for the hitting a teacher story please.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,820.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » July 30th, 2017, 8:36 am

ThestralUnicorn21416 wrote:So why do people always ask where you were born Jag? And we are still waiting for the hitting a teacher story please.

Well let start with me hitting a teacher. I was 4. I was going to the local university once a week to be a test subject for a class that was trying to get their master degree in special education. So they already have a bachelor degree. Anyway so I guess this lady student was not giving me enough attention or something like that so I hit her. Oh by the way this class is all video tape by the school and my mom was in the other room with the other parents so guess who got in trouble lol but I was found not guilty by my doctor saying the student wasn't following the right techniques on how to treat someone special like me lol.

So this doesn't happen much anymore so but I was always ask by kids in class what country I was from, when I said I was born here they usually then ask about my parents since I think they were trying to figure out why my voice sounds different without asking why your voice sound weird lol so I guess there were being nice about it. But some teachers also ask as well, not my regular teachers since they would had read my file about my speech disability and going to speech therapy, but just random teachers I would meet, they usually say you from Germany right? That was the most common one people would say so I guess my voice sounds like a German accent but I don't think so. But as I said this haven't happen in a few years. Actually believe the last time was in the 12th grade so little over 4 years ago. I was working in the school library as a assistant. I was helping a teacher and he said something about me being from Germany.
ImageImage

Dia
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 5,254.50
Pottermore Username: MoonFang207

Postby Dia » July 30th, 2017, 7:54 pm

1) Before we moved.
2) School and childhood.
3) Teenage blues.
4) First love and the best time ever and awesome friends.
5) Losing my way and losing what I thought I had.
6) Rebirth and struggling to find my voice.
7) Pure awesomeness and winning.

My black pants I wear all the time to work. So comfy and stylish.

Archery. Been watching too much Arrow.

What half of my current room looks like since I'm in the middle of redecorating. Lots of white, pale pink, gold finishes and fluffy pillows and blankets.

Nothing comes to mind.

Uh way too many. lol

House. I want to be friends with him and Wilson.

Cancun, Mexico.

Just be myself. They'd figure it out or I'd just stay, I guess. haha

Something really bad. If I were actually going to do something bad it'd be pretty bad because I can control myself until I can't and completely lose my temper.
Image Image Image
I am hollow. And I miss what things might have been. ϟ Image

HariettaP
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 54.00
Pottermore Username: HariettaP

Postby HariettaP » August 22nd, 2017, 2:06 am

- Childhood
- school
- college
- work

- my new "boyfriend" jeans :)

I would buy few villas in Spain https://tranio.com/spain/detached/ and spend one week here, one week there, definitely with staff taking care of houses all year round LOL

mm, bright sunny room, with outside shower and no roof, means somewhere in a Tropical country.

Accounting :x

Despacito

Narnia

Thailand

haha, I would sing them Despacito LOL

yelled at a police officer :roll:

Return to “The Hog's Head”