[RWP] - Previous Official Meetings of the RWP

Are you a fan of anything? Create or join a club for it here!

Moderator: Professors

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,817.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

[RWP] - Previous Official Meetings of the RWP

Postby Jag17 » February 6th, 2013, 3:01 pm

Welocme to the frist offical meeting of the Revolutionary Wizarding Party!! Please take your seats

As many of you know we are a new Politcal party in the wizarding world!! we have been in back ground for about a year now but we are now ready to come out of the back ground and come forward. you can learn more about us here!! viewtopic.php?f=89&t=1103

So as we start our first meeting I wanted to tell everyone that anyone can give us ideas or if you have any questions about the meeting just post them here!!

So members Please start sharing your ideas about how we can move forward!!

( Hope you dont mind me posting this Riv but really want to start this!!)
ImageImage

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Re: Frist Offical meeting of the RWP

Postby Riverfirebolt » February 6th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Thanks for starting this Jag, first thing I wanted to suggest was about promoting the party. the current banner is too tall and not long enough, and really messes up my signature, is there any chance we could add a stamp and a normal sized banner so that it will fit into our signatures without comprimising everything else we have there? I do think if we had these options more people would be prepared to promote the party in their signatures.

Not suggesting we use these but I was thinking of keeping the same idea but just sort of resizing it like this...

Obviously someone who has access to the right font etc would have to do a final version this is just an example of what I mean.

By the way hope no-one minds I snagged some brownies from the WART's party and bought a crate of Butterbeer, thought this may go on a while and we may need sustenance.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Poppy
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 9,206.00
Pottermore Username: dragonwing9

Postby Poppy » February 7th, 2013, 12:59 am

I have no idea what makes a good banner, but that looks nice River :)
I was thinking we should make it compulsory for all members with positions to wear a banner... kind of like you want a position you have to help us promote our party? Just an idea.
Another idea I had was to separate the new member thread and the important announcements which will help our sub forum case and be neater and easier to access.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

ElmSparks30289
M.o.M. Employee
M.o.M. Employee
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: ElmSparks30289

Postby ElmSparks30289 » February 7th, 2013, 1:30 am

I haven't gotten a position yet for the RWP. I said I think I'd be good in Head of Prevention of Magical Accidents (that's what it is, right? I don't have it open :lol:).
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Heartrose
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 2,189.17
Pottermore Username: HeartRose25916

Postby Heartrose » February 7th, 2013, 1:49 am

Like the ideas of the more normal size banner and stamp River, I would use one then if I could fit it in my signature a bit easier.

Poppy I also agree that if you want to keep your position in the party you should be prepared to promote our party and use a banner or a stamp. That is a really good idea.

Also separate threads for announcements and sign ups would be good just to keep things easy to find whether or not we get a subforum.

And maybe a separate thread for Dragon Vaults as well.

Pipamonium
M.o.M. Employee
M.o.M. Employee
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: DustShadow4770

Postby Pipamonium » February 7th, 2013, 4:23 am

I also vote for a good normal sized signature bar and stamp. I'd add both to my rotators.
One Link At A TimeImageMy Chainmaille Shop in Diagon Alley
ImageImageImageImage

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,817.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » February 7th, 2013, 5:48 am

Oh thanks river for getting some fun for our meeting!! Grab some food.

I really like everyone ideas so far!! Keep up the good work!!

So I was thinking that if we are aloud to have our own sub forum we might be able to put a few of own active members as the moderators so we can keep our sub forum topics active.
ImageImage

Poppy
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 9,206.00
Pottermore Username: dragonwing9

Postby Poppy » February 7th, 2013, 6:00 am

That's a great idea Jag :) Not sure if the mods would agree, though I guess if there are other mods not from the party it shouldn't be a problem.
So when we come up with enough idea for a sub forum, should Riv message Rhynn with an official letter or something? :)
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Riv
Order of Merlin, Third Class
Order of Merlin, Third Class
Points on hand: 22.19
Pottermore Username: WildRiver35
Location: Sneaking around the Ministry on an undercover job from RWP

Postby Riv » February 7th, 2013, 8:32 am

*steps in late and looks around guiltily* Hello, everyone, I'm very sorry that I'm late to this ((and that I didn't make the thread first - real life kinda.. caught up on me)), but at least I'm here. Jag, I'm very glad you started the meeting in my place, thank you very much for that.

River, as I was the original maker of the banner, I'll see what I can do about changing it to a better size, but the ones you've made are quite good as well. I'll just make the colorful ones then.
Also, the idea of having all members use the banner/stamp in their signatures to promote the party is very good as well and will definitely be easier if the banner is in the right size and if there's a stamp as well. I'll get on that immediately.

Having our own active members as moderators is definitely a good idea since those members know the most about the party and also know what needs to be moderated and where what goes. I can of course write Rhynn an official letter once we have enough ideas and have discussed them thoroughly.

Elmo and Pipa, as for your questions about the position of Head of Prevention of Magical Accidents - would you be interested in working together? Not unlike me and Nim are both Heads of Diplomacy (even though we haven't heard from Nim for a while... a pity...). If you are, I would be more than happy to announce both of you as Heads, or one as Head and the other as Vice-Head of the said department.

Continue the discussions please, as I need to quickly step out into the toilet for a moment.

((EDIT:)) And I'm back, and look at what I found on my way back! The new and improved banner for the party (re-sized to 400x50, to match the usual banner size) and a stamp for those who like stamps more ;)

Let me know if you wish for any other changes, dear members!
ImageImageImage
Slytherin ExtraordinaireNo.1 Fan of the Slytherin PrinceEstonian For Life
~Writing ~ Tumblr~

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Postby Riverfirebolt » February 7th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Love the banners Riv, that is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks.

I think making all members display the banners may be a bit offputting for some, what about a compromise like Poppy suggested if you want to play an active role and have a post in the party then you need to display at least one of the banner or the stamp?

Return to “Clubs”