We Need Ideas!

Make your site suggestions here and ask your questions. Thank you for your continued support of the PFF forum!

Moderator: Professors

Aspy
Unspeakable
Unspeakable
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: RiverAsphodel72

Re: We Need Ideas!

Postby Aspy » May 1st, 2012, 3:20 am

O.o 50!
I think I get it now. :D Simply put, no promoting.
Aspy is willing to help in any little way she can... clickity click!

xAppleChaix
Sixth Year Student
Sixth Year Student
Points on hand: 1.50
Pottermore Username: ShadowRose7093

Postby xAppleChaix » May 1st, 2012, 6:23 am

Lol Asp you crack me up. Well in that case I'm just suddenly interested in all of the ads on here ;)! They must have improved them to fit my needs.
Clicky clicky little ads, I want to win some new iPads. Up above the forums you sit, it doesn't help this site one bit. So I will clicky clicky banner junk, because your claims are not one bit bunk.

Pumpkin
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 2,826.68
Pottermore Username: VioletCitrouille5574

Postby Pumpkin » May 1st, 2012, 6:26 am

Nice poetry Apple... I've actually had more interesting ads too have you subscribed to more interesting ones Rhynn or something because I have been clickety clicking too! They are actually about my interests! And half of them I bookmarked they were so interesting'
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Aspy
Unspeakable
Unspeakable
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: RiverAsphodel72

Postby Aspy » May 1st, 2012, 7:07 am

Oh really? I'm still getting similar adds... well, that evony game ad that pops up everywhere on any site is here as usual, and haha, the "find you Korean dream girl" ad changed to a Hong Kong dating add O.o I also have trade currencies and plane tickets ads.

I really like how the new diagon alley works though. I can't wait to see what shops will go up :)

Pumpkin
Head of Department
Head of Department

Postby Pumpkin » May 1st, 2012, 7:12 am

Yeah me too, I would put up a shop since I have some HP stuff I don't really need anymore but I can't really at my age and how you have to use PayPal! I would love to see some knitters on there and I think Rhynn has made excellent rules too! I like this idea! Excited!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Rumbleroar
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 1.00
Pottermore Username: SrebrnaJeka22

Postby Rumbleroar » May 1st, 2012, 7:17 am

Clickety Click.
Well, as a matter of fact I am actually highly interested in winning 200 000 Rand. And finding a plumber. And buying a new lounge sweet with the money I'll soon win from that other ad. Where ever would we be without advertising?
More on topic - I doubt I'll be able to donate any money myself anytime soon, but I'd love to contribute by making stuff! What kind of skills are you looking for? I'm decent at several craftsy things - just don't ask me to knit! D:

xAppleChaix
Sixth Year Student
Sixth Year Student

Postby xAppleChaix » May 1st, 2012, 7:32 am

Come on Rumble, join the knitting alliance. Sit down next to Grandma! She won't bite... much. I think you should stick with what you're best at and be creative! I said this earlier, but I think its important- make sure whatever it is you're doing, in order to make a profit for the site, try not to charge too much. There are a lot of members on here I think would be willing to spend a few bucks on items, but probably not larger quantities of money (there are lots of students who can't afford much). So I think the best method would be to do something small, nice and unique, but wouldn't cost a lot of money. And yes PFF! I would love to join WoW and publish my Christian book! Clicky clicky. At least these are better than my facebook ads- they keep thinking I'm pregnant for some reason. I kinda take offense to that fb! Haha, weirdest ad I ever got (and yes, I totally saved it on a sticky note because I thought it was hilarious) "Are you a girl, who acts like a boy, & wishes they were a cat? You're not alone." Sometimes ads just GET me, y'know?

Pumpkin
Head of Department
Head of Department

Postby Pumpkin » May 1st, 2012, 7:34 am

But Rumble that's what we wanted you to do! xD haha well you could do commisions and drawings and artworks! I think we should sell second-hand or new books! Of anything really, especially of you recommend it to buyers! But is it legal to sell second-hand books on the Internet I dunno... Well eBay does it do we probably can!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Rumbleroar
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 1.00
Pottermore Username: SrebrnaJeka22

Postby Rumbleroar » May 1st, 2012, 7:45 am

"Are you a girl, who acts like a boy, & wishes they were a cat?" Yes, as a matter of fact I am.
Ah, Facebook ads.
One post containing the words "Special K" and I get links to about forty dieting sites. One post containing the word "love" and suddenly i'm set up with dating sites to last me the rest of my love life. Gotta love it, eh?
I'd do beaded things, if there's a market. Unfortunately shipping would probably cost quite a lot unless you live in southern Africa?

xAppleChaix
Sixth Year Student
Sixth Year Student

Postby xAppleChaix » May 1st, 2012, 8:56 am

Beaded things? I love beaded stuff :D I think bracelets and jewelry would be perfect! I don't know much about shipping costs in South Africa, but if its small and light (which jewelry is) I wouldn't think it'd be too bad. If it is expensive, you could always sell to Hazel ;)

Return to “Suggestions and Questions”