Birthday Games Sign up Topic

Welcome to the PFF 6th birthday party! Where you can play games to win the individual points competition, hosted by your favorite mods and this year by you and your fellow members.

Moderator: Professors

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Birthday Games Sign up Topic

Postby Riverfirebolt » July 9th, 2017, 12:06 pm

Individual Points Competition - Sign up Topic.

Below is a list of our normal games, with a brief description of what is involved in running each one. If you would like to run any of these games for the competition please post here to let us know.

Initially we are limiting it to one game per person, if this changes we will let you know here.

If you have an idea for another game please also post that here.

For all the games you will need to keep a tally of points won in the first post and make sure this is accurate and up to date.

Points for each game will be advised later.

Links are to previous editions of each game.

Easy Games - Minimal Post Editing, No photo editing.

Polyjuice - Jag
Spoiler: show
In this game you pick a character or famous person, people ask you questions, you answer yes or no only. The game needs to be updated regularly and all questions updated into the first post to help people to see what has been asked so far.

Where in the world is Hogwarts - Heart
In this game you pick a town or place anywhere in the world, try not to make it too small or obscure. You give clues to it's identity. Generally we give a clue after each three guesses. The first post needs to be updated regularly with new clues and incorrect Guesses.

Lotto - River
In this game you post a list of ten items. Each player picks five and sends their list too a designated person who does not open the lists. Each day you post a random item off the list. The first post needs updating with the items already crossed off each day.

Guess How Many Beans in the Jar - Bren
For this game you use a random number generator to generate a number between 1 and 500, each player guesses a number, if anyone gets the number exact they win, after a day or so, depending on the number of guesses, the closest to the number wins. Only editing is you will need to post a screenshot of your random number generator. And update the first post with points.

Tombola/Lucky Number - River
For this game, players roll a 100 sided dice in chat. Witnessed by a mod or proved by a screenshot. When enough players have rolled or after a set time, you roll a ten sided dice in chat again either witnessed or screenshotted. If you roll a 4, anyone with a number ending in 4 wins points, anyone who got 44 wins extra points. Only real editing is possibly a screenshot and updating points in the first post.

Medium Games - Slightly more complex, no Photoediting skill needed

Hangman - River
Simple enough, choose a word or phrase loosely related to HP, post _ _ _ for the number of letters. People guess letters or the word. Updates need to be more regular than mine in Forum Wide Hangman. :lol: First post needs to be updated with correct letters being put into the word, incorrect letters listed seperatethey and the stick figure drawing needs to be changed each time someone guesses wrong. (Images for the stick figure will be provided.,)

Parseltongue - Ash
Bit more complicated. Tile images for both letters and symbols will be provided. Again choose a HP related word or phrase. This time each letter in the word or phrase is changed to a symbol each time a letter appears it becomes the same symbol. Players guess what letter a certain symbol is. Or they work out the code from repeating letters and guess the phrase. Updates need to change any correctly guessed letters in the phrase from the symbol to the letter and list incorrect Guesses.

Musical Chairs - Rook
Quite simple to run, but does need images to be changed for each round. Basically however many people sign up we start round one with one chair less than the number of players. Last person to post is knocked out. To update you say who is out and put in a new image with less chairs. Updates need to be done at different times if the say so as not to favour people in certain time zones, plus you need to pay attention to who is online in the last round especially. The chair images can be supplied.

Pairs - Dani
Cards for this can be supplied. This again needs no photo editing, but the updates are a little more complex than some of the others. (Just ask Ash... :P ) Basically you start with a board of so many cards...3 rows of 5 for example. In this case we would normally create a board with 7 pairs of cards and one odd card. In the topic you show all 15 cards face down. Each player picks 2 cards. If they get a pair they win points and those cards are then shown face up in the first post. If they pick the odd card they get bonus points or lose points....up to you... :twisted: . The updates for this take a little longer as we generally post each card picked in the update to show what has been found. Plus the first post needs to be updated with the pairs.

Snap - Jag
The game itself is simple, people post a word from a list if enough people in a row post the same word someone says snap you all get points, if anyone says snap at the wrong time they lose points. This one basically runs itself, but you have to stay on top of the points. It is best to update it regularly with the points won, leaving it until the end of the month is a disaster. (Speaking from experience here...) May be a good one if you only get online every couple of days, as the game can carry on without the host, just remember you need to work out points as often as you can.

Sticker Stalkers - Dani

Harder Games - Some Photoediting skill needed.

Find the...
Probably the most work basically a board with covered squares, people pick a square hoping to uncover points and prizes. To run this you do need to be ok with Photoediting as you need to make a new board for each round. (We can help you out with images, backgrounds etc mainly from pm if you want them.) Each update you need to edit the board to show what has been found. Generally a popular game too, so in a month you could do with making five or six boards at least to keep this one going.

Pin the...on the... - Thes
Also quite heavy on the Photoediting. This is a picture hidden behind a grid, people pick a square hoping to find a certain element of the picture, previous games have included pin the horn on the unicorn and pin the nose on Rudolph. Each update you need to edit the board to show the squares picked.

Hogwarts Board - Dani (if she can figure out Gimp)
Similar to Pin The... This one is a board generally 100 squares behind which various amounts of points are hidden. Players pick squares trying to find points. Each update you need to edit the board to show what has been uncovered. This one you also need to create a new board for each round, due to the size of the board it generally doesn't need as many boards as Find the... Again we can supply images if needed.

There will also be a few other things going on and a few competition etc run by the mods do keep an eye out for those too.

Any questions just ask.

So please sign up below. Best in mind we ideally only want one of each game.

Thanks.
ImageImageImageImageImage

ThestralUnicorn21416
Fifth Year Student
Fifth Year Student
Points on hand: 1,149.38
Pottermore Username: ThestralUnicorn21416

Re: Birthday Games Sign up Topic

Postby ThestralUnicorn21416 » July 9th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Love this idea, can I sign up to do Pin the whatever on the something or other please?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ashdust
Wizard/Witch
Wizard/Witch
Points on hand: 4,018.70
Pottermore Username: AshDust224

Postby Ashdust » July 9th, 2017, 2:51 pm

This does sound like a good idea.

Not sure I have time for a photo editing one, but I could do maybe Parseltongue if that's ok.
Image Image
ImageImageImageImage Image

Heartrose
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 2,189.17
Pottermore Username: HeartRose25916

Postby Heartrose » July 10th, 2017, 4:39 am

I would like to run one too. If possible could I do Where in the World? Always loved that game. Not sure I have the time for any of the photo editing ones right now.

Bren
Wizard/Witch
Wizard/Witch
Points on hand: 9,229.00
Pottermore Username: CentaurPatronus2539

Postby Bren » July 10th, 2017, 5:13 am

I like the idea of all of us hosting games, me I'd like to do Guess How Many Beans in the Jar.
ImageImage
Image Image ImageImageImage

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP

Postby Riverfirebolt » July 10th, 2017, 5:21 am

Thanks guys. Updated you all into the first post. Thought we would give it a couple of days to get things sorted, maybe all start the games Wednesday or Thursday.

NightRook30697
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 1,356.30
Pottermore Username: NightRook30697

Postby NightRook30697 » July 10th, 2017, 11:03 am

I'm happy to do a game. Not a photo one though I just don't have the time.

I could do Musical Chairs if that is ok. As I do get chance to be on at odd times.

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP

Postby Riverfirebolt » July 11th, 2017, 12:54 pm

Thanks everyone for signing up.

We will send you instructions in the next 24 hours telling you how many points to award etc and providing links to any images you may need.

You can start the games as soon as you get the PM. Any questions post them here or ask any mod.

You may play any game you are not modding. Members who aren't modding a game can also play all the other games and are still eligible to win the competition.

Have fun.

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 153.00

Postby Rosaline55 » July 12th, 2017, 8:13 am

I already have PM ed you about a game I wanted to host,River. Let me know if you approve of it. And , can I please sign up for the following?
1.Where in the world. .....
2. Polyjuice
3. Parseltongue
4. Pin
:trio: -Books are the best friend of those who're lonely.- :trio:

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,817.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » July 12th, 2017, 9:13 am

Hey Princess thanks for showing interest in the competition!

I just need some clarification if you are trying to sign up to play the games or if you wanted to run the game? If you wanted to play the games there is no need to sign up here. You and everyone else can just go to that game topic and start playing. If you wanted to run the games unfortunately these games already have someone running them but I'm sure if this competition goes well we will do this again and you can run a game that time.

If you have any other questions please let us know thanks.
ImageImage

Return to “PFF Party place”