Where old roleplays go!
Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Re: Roleplay Suggestion

Postby Riverfirebolt » August 15th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, Even more confused now...but guess I can learn as I go along,

One thing how do I know what other student characters are approved, you said the existing ones will remain, but they aren't in the character application thread? Was thinking of starting as a first year but if all the others are a lot higher up it would be pointless as I would have all my lessons and stuff on my own, would be more fun to be in the same year as at least some other characters.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Wrackspurt
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 53.00
Pottermore Username: OwlStone19970

Postby Wrackspurt » August 15th, 2013, 6:36 pm

There were some active 1st years before, I know. Plus, I'm gonna reapply with a new first year.
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Postby Riverfirebolt » August 15th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Cool thanks Truppers, sort of feel if I am going to do this, would like to start as a first year and work through the whole seven years. Hopefully. :D
ImageImageImageImageImage

Wrackspurt
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 53.00
Pottermore Username: OwlStone19970

Postby Wrackspurt » August 15th, 2013, 7:04 pm

That's how I view it, too. Wanna get the full experience.
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,820.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » August 15th, 2013, 7:07 pm

That would be great to see start roleplay River!

I just wanted to ask if my game keeper character is still approved for the new roleplay?
ImageImage

Avis
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 4,962.00
Pottermore Username: AvisHallow15706

Postby Avis » August 15th, 2013, 7:44 pm

hmm, I have to go through and figure out which characters are still active, actually. I don't even know lol ... sorry about that, River.

Jag, I'm not sure about that yet. We want people to start off the roleplay with an actual student.

I'm going to have a character start off as a first year too, I think. I want to go through the whole 7 years as well. :D

Gatsby
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: DragonNight3344

Postby Gatsby » August 15th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Would it be best to age down an existing character then? How is time-skipping, as far as year progression, going to work?
- RPR - The Wizarding School of Hogwarts - Forums -

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » August 16th, 2013, 2:48 am

Gatsby wrote:Would it be best to age down an existing character then? How is time-skipping, as far as year progression, going to work?

We're planning on doing 1 event every 7-10 OOC days (calendar here). So playing through 7 years will take a lot of time :D. My PC (Serena) for one, will remain as she is.

Jag17 wrote:I just wanted to ask if my game keeper character is still approved for the new roleplay?

The RP is student-centric so we have a new rule that everyone wanting to play a faculty member must also have one active student character. I, for one, would be fine with you keeping Jordan as long as you also make a student character (and play it of course), but the final decision is up to Avis :).
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Avis
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 4,962.00
Pottermore Username: AvisHallow15706

Postby Avis » August 16th, 2013, 9:13 am

Whispers wrote:
Gatsby wrote:Would it be best to age down an existing character then? How is time-skipping, as far as year progression, going to work?

We're planning on doing 1 event every 7-10 OOC days (calendar here). So playing through 7 years will take a lot of time :D. My PC (Serena) for one, will remain as she is.

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's best to age down your character. Some people may just want to try out having the full Hogwarts experience through a roleplay. The choice is completely up to you. :D

Whispers wrote:
Jag17 wrote:I just wanted to ask if my game keeper character is still approved for the new roleplay?

The RP is student-centric so we have a new rule that everyone wanting to play a faculty member must also have one active student character. I, for one, would be fine with you keeping Jordan as long as you also make a student character (and play it of course), but the final decision is up to Avis :).

Gah! I hate saying you can't play a faculty member, but we really want everyone to start with students. Like Whispers said, this is a student-centric roleplay that we've created. I don't really think the teachers/faculty will be particularly active, they're just there in case needed really. I would say create a student, Jag :D

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,820.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » August 16th, 2013, 11:18 am

Avis wrote:
Whispers wrote:

Gah! I hate saying you can't play a faculty member, but we really want everyone to start with students. Like Whispers said, this is a student-centric roleplay that we've created. I don't really think the teachers/faculty will be particularly active, they're just there in case needed really. I would say create a student, Jag :D

That is ok guys I understand. Well I will try to make a new student character later today or tomorrow.
ImageImage

Return to “RP Archives”