The Future of PFF

The Ministry archives, where all the old announcements, competition and event stuff are kept.

Moderator: Professors

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

The Future of PFF

Postby Riverfirebolt » June 15th, 2016, 12:51 pm

So, I want to apologise for the confusion. My resignation was maybe a little premature. Sorry.

So, what has been happening? First of all Rhynn has been a bit distant from PFF for a while, she has first been moving to the other side of the world, then wanted to refocus her energies on other more artistic areas. Despite this Rhynn has still been available to the staff to help especially with the Capsule Machine and admin issues.

The problem was though that as staff we were getting a little stale, carrying out Rhynn 's ideas for the forum, without Rhynn 's enthusiasm for these ideas to see them through.

So last week a few small things built up and I decided to resign.

Since then the staff, Rhynn, me, Hagrid and Charm have been discussing the future of PFF. And have reached a possible solution.

First of all PFF isn't closing. Hagrid and Charm have kindly agreed to continue funding the site, with the help of VIP donations, and keep it up and running.

The plan right now is I am taking over the day to day running of the site. Rhynn is stepping down as Headmaster to concentrate on her new site PurebloodMuggle which is primarily a Harry Potter themed Adoptables and Collectables site. Although Rhynn will be staying around to help me settle in and learn how to use the admin tools etc.

Jag and Dani have agreed to stay on as Deputies to help. Hermione will be staying on as a Professor. The rest of the staff, we are waiting to hear what they want to do.

We are looking to change a few things. Of course as our old friend Toadface would say...

"Our tried and tested traditions often require no tinkering. A balance, then, between old and new, between permanence and change, between tradition and innovation …"

Anyway once details of the staff changes are finalised and Charm and Hagrid have sorted a few technical things, we will be posting a topic where you can make suggestions, in the meantime anything you want to see on the site, anything you want to change, anything you want to remove, just let any staff member know.

So, again, sorry for the confusion. Good luck to Rhynn with the new site and I am looking forward to our first cross site Quidditch Tournament. :D
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rhynn
Honorary Member - VIP
Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 2,956.00
Pottermore Username: SeerHawthorn125

Re: The Future of PFF

Postby Rhynn » June 15th, 2016, 1:13 pm

Oh dear, he's quoting toadface ;)
I'm shocked to say I completely agree with what toadface is saying there though, at least when applied to the current situation! Carrying out my vision without me actually being around just doesn't work, and I've most certainly learned that with all that's happened.

I'm confident that PFF is in good hands, and really look forward to what the future has in store. I hope PFF and PurebloodMuggle will be able to work together here and there in the future; that Quidditch tournament is most definitely going to happen at some point! No idea how or when, but that's all details for later. For now we both need to focus on our own sites, cherish them and nurture them (back) into strong communities.

I wish everyone the best of luck with all of this! I'll be popping in as a normal member every once in a while, maybe take part in a few things here and there :D Will be extremely weird to see my name in Slytherin green, but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. As River said already I'll still be helping him a bit here and there, mostly so he can really find his way around the admin tools, but I'm sure he'll be confident enough to fiddle with those without my help very soon.

River has kindly allowed me to promote PurebloodMuggle here a bit, so let me tell you a bit about the site! It is indeed primarily an Adoptables site; in fact once the adoptables really get going there the VIPs may recognise a few things, as I'm essentially basing it on the PFF Adoptables idea I had a while ago, for which the Phoenix was test-released to VIPs. Naturally things have evolved a bit since then, but the Phoenix will still be around. The adoptable creatures won't need any attention to grow up, they just do so with time; but once they're adults, you'll be able to breed them to make the most fantastical lineages you can imagine. As a little bonus to PFF members, I'll give anyone from here a special PFF-coloured Phoenix if you sign up for PurebloodMuggle and tell me you're there from PFF! Of course that's as soon as the adoptables bit is actually done, it's still a work in progress now; if you register now I'll make sure to give it in the future though!
Of course there will be room for just normal Harry Potter chatter (and of course non-Harry Potter chatter, but that's kind of a given on any forum); not nearly in the same way as it is here on PFF, though.

In short, if you're interested in Harry Potter-themed adoptable creatures, have a look over on PurebloodMuggle!
ImageImageImage

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,816.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » June 15th, 2016, 1:27 pm

Well it has been a crazy last few days on here! Sorry about that everyone.

But I'm very excited for the future of PFF! Thanks Rhynn for everything you have done over the many years here on PFF and you are correct it going to be super weird to see you as green but I'm sure you will look great in green. And I wish you good luck on your site and can't wait to see what types of things we can do together like competitions and things like that.

And congratulations to River for becoming the next headmaster! I know you will do a great job since you have been a great professor and thanks for keeping me on as your deputy.

So one phase of PFF is coming to end but this is no way near the end! So thanks to everyone who visits the site we can't do this without you.
ImageImage

Lindsay
VIP Member
VIP Member
Points on hand: 937.00
Pottermore Username: AccioSword24606
PM Points: 1487

Postby Lindsay » June 15th, 2016, 7:06 pm

Well this sounds great to me. I actually think it will be super fun to be able to have cross-forum competitions or scavenger hunts or any type of events. I will definitely be on both sites. Congrats, River and Good Luck, Rhynn!! :D

DawnPumpkin33
Deputy Headmaster - Honorary Member - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 14,758.00
Pottermore Username: DawnPumpkin33

Postby DawnPumpkin33 » June 15th, 2016, 9:12 pm

I never know what to say in times like this. :lol:

First, I want to thank Rhynn for helping making PFF a place that not only became a home for my Potter nerdiness, but has become much like a second family for me (the good and bad :P ). We've all forged great friendships, many of which go beyond the borders of the forum, and we all owe a lot of that to you growing PFF through the years. :D It does seem weird seeing you in green but there will always be a tinge of orange around the edges. ;) Good luck on PBM and don't forget about us little folks over here. :P

Second... well, what to say about River officially being the boss now? :lol: Lord help us all? Just kidding, really who else is capable, deserving and willing to take on the role? This new challenge has revitalized us all and I know we'll be coming up with some great new ideas in the coming weeks. Just have to rein you in from time to time. :P Hopefully you won't regret keeping me on and making me your "creative" Deputy. :lol:

Last, and probably most importantly, major thanks to Charm and Hagrid for being so understanding during all of this and agreeing to give PFF a new phase in life. We'll do our best to make the most out of it. :D Thanks.

Lindsay wrote:I actually think it will be super fun to be able to have cross-forum competitions or scavenger hunts or any type of events.

:twisted: Just wait and see. :D

McKinstry
Sixth Year Student
Sixth Year Student
Points on hand: 400,314.00
Pottermore Username: LumosSun28350

Postby McKinstry » June 16th, 2016, 2:11 am

Guys I'm really glad to hear this. With the release of Fantastic Beasts both forums will no doubt see a surge in activity. Although PFF is still already very active and seems to be very dear to a lot of people :)

"Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind."
Henry James

Skyye of Ember
Unspeakable
Unspeakable
Points on hand: 5,722.50
Pottermore Username: FlightDragon1354
Location: Hateshinaku Tooi Sora Ni~ In the endlessly far sky...

Postby Skyye of Ember » June 16th, 2016, 7:11 am

Congratulations River for your new role! ^^ Then goodluck Rhynn to your new venture I've already registered at your site btw, I just love the idea of HP adoptables!!:D

And for PFF I'm really excited for new things to come! :)
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Sapphire
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 8.00
Pottermore Username: OwlMagic153

Postby Sapphire » June 17th, 2016, 9:36 am

Congratulations River on the new role! I know you'll do an amazing job! :D Thank you so much Rhynn for everything you've done over the years, I can't wait to check out this new site! It all sounds so exciting! I'm really looking forward to a little friendly competition :) I'm off to sign up for PureBloodMuggle now! :)
ImageImageImage

Return to “Ministry Archives”