My Resignation

The Ministry archives, where all the old announcements, competition and event stuff are kept.

Moderator: Professors

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

My Resignation

Postby Riverfirebolt » June 13th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Hi everyone, sorry to say I am now stepping down from my Mod role on PFF.

I have enjoyed my time here, it has been an important part of my life as most of you know.

I was going to stay around until the end of the House Cup. Give Hagrid, Charm Rhynn, Jag, Hermione and Dani chance to decide what happens next with PFF. But as quite a few of you seem to already know Rhynn has already started a new site to replace PFF, I am guessing the future of this place is pretty clear.

It was nice meeting you all. Thanks for everything.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rhynn
Honorary Member - VIP
Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 2,956.00
Pottermore Username: SeerHawthorn125

Re: My Resignation

Postby Rhynn » June 13th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Riverfirebolt wrote:I was going to stay around until the end of the House Cup. Give Hagrid, Charm Rhynn, Jag, Hermione and Dani chance to decide what happens next with PFF. But as quite a few of you seem to already know Rhynn has already started a new site to replace PFF, I am guessing the future of this place is pretty clear.

This should not be done out in the open... but as editing your post to take it out would only make the whole situation worse, I suppose I am forced to clarify some things here. For the record, this is not how I wanted things to go, and not how things should have gone - we haven't even heard back from Hagrid and his decision on the whole situation.

As I'm sure we're confusing quite a few people here, allow me to explain.

Roughly a week ago, shortly after the start of the June House Cup, some events took place in staff which led to dissent. The events did not end well; River, as he himself has already said above, decided to step down but stay around to update his House Cup games. What may not have been clear to everyone is that River has been perhaps the biggest factor in keeping PFF around in the past months; Jag and Dani both have real-life things which demanded their attention, which did not allow them to fully put as much time and energy into leading PFF as they would have liked. As far as I am aware, these events are still going on.

More than half a year ago already, we were looking at solutions for the dwindling activity on PFF. One thing was abundantly obvious: being a Pottermore-based site just does not work anymore with Pottermore changed so much. I created a new site while playing around with the idea of possibly moving there (but did not do much of anything with it yet) : PurebloodMuggle. I did not yet know where I wanted to take it, and left it to just sit there for months.

Until the dissent within staff happened, that is. With River, the current driving force behind the site, leaving I did not have a lot of hope for PFF's survival; not with the low amount of active members. Those who are here are close, have forged friendships which exist outside of the site as well, but friendship alone is not enough to keep a site alive. Not one with PFF's goals, that is.
Preparing for the worst, I have worked hard this past week to ensure PurebloodMuggle is ready to provide a new online Harry Potter home to those who wish for one - just in case. Even if a new home is not needed, I have plans for the site which allow it to coexist with PFF quite happily, as their goals are not the same.

In another preparatory step for an end which still seems likely at this point (but keep in mind, we have not yet had ProfessorHagrid's reaction on the whole situation - as the owner, he may decide to keep the site around), I informed the paying VIPs of the situation, so they could make an informed decision about their money. In my opinion it would not have been fair to let automatic payments go through when I know the site may not be around anymore for them to get their money's worth. All VIPs I contacted seemed interested in my future plans, thus I told them about Pureblood Muggle and invited them to already have a look around on the site and sign up if they so wished.

No one else was told about any of this yet, because we did not want to create panic/sadness when it may not at all be needed yet - after all, there is still a very real chance PFF is sticking around, depending on ProfessorHagrid's plans for the site. I did not want to turn members' attention to a new site when they could still enjoy PFF.

And that's the story behind all of this.

I'm very sorry this all had to come out in the open like this - putting the staff's issues out in the open is something I have always done my best to avoid. If this has caused some people to feel like I am sneaking around, I apologise; I simply did not wish to share things which do not need sharing in my opinion.

I do not know what is going to happen now. I will share updates as I get them myself however.

For anyone who has gotten curious about PurebloodMuggle: please contact me through PM and I would be happy to share more details.
ImageImageImage

McKinstry
Sixth Year Student
Sixth Year Student
Points on hand: 400,314.00
Pottermore Username: LumosSun28350

Postby McKinstry » June 14th, 2016, 2:35 am

Well you guys have done an amazing job with a lot less active members, by keeping the forum current and enjoyable.

Thanks River for all your work on it. And thanks to Dani, Jag, Hermione, Charm, Hagrid and Rhynn plus all the other mods who work in front and behind the scenes.

Change can be good after all, perhaps evolving into something new is a very good thing eventually. So whether Pottermore stays or changes, thanks everyone for their dedication to it over the years.

And River, all the best for Heart and your family :)

"Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind."
Henry James

Lindsay
VIP Member
VIP Member
Points on hand: 937.00
Pottermore Username: AccioSword24606
PM Points: 1487

Postby Lindsay » June 14th, 2016, 9:13 am

Tim summed up all my thoughts pretty well! :)

Thanks to all the admins and mods...you guys have all done an amazing job here. River, you will of course be missed and I wish you and your family the best! Rhynn, thanks for clarifying, and I am super excited about the new site, regardless of what happens with PFF. I will definitely be sad if PFF shuts down, but I will also definitely be active on PureBlood Muggle, as well.

I have really enjoyed meeting you all and interacting through all the fun events, games, and chatter on the forum these past 10 months that I have been a member. You guys are all awesome and I hope that somewhere we can all continue to interact and bond over our mutual love of and interest in Harry Potter's wizarding world! :D

Return to “Ministry Archives”