Kindle/eReader vs. books, etc.

Discuss your favorite TV shows, movies and books here!

Moderator: Professors

NightRook30697
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 1,356.30
Pottermore Username: NightRook30697

Re: Kindle/eReader vs. books, etc.

Postby NightRook30697 » August 3rd, 2017, 3:29 pm

HariettaP wrote:i like Eteaders for easy transportation, but what I really enjoy is reading a real (paper) book, with turning pages and bookish smell :)

Hi Harietta, must say I agree, once they make kindles that smell like books they may become even more popular. :lol:

HariettaP
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 54.00
Pottermore Username: HariettaP

Postby HariettaP » August 16th, 2017, 4:05 am

NightRook30697 wrote:
HariettaP wrote:i like Eteaders for easy transportation, but what I really enjoy is reading a real (paper) book, with turning pages and bookish smell :)

Hi Harietta, must say I agree, once they make kindles that smell like books they may become even more popular. :lol:

By the way... a good start up idea :D

NightSarabande
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 55.00

Postby NightSarabande » November 13th, 2017, 7:47 pm

For me, nothing will ever take the place of a hard copy book. I love the feel of it in my hands and the satisfaction of turning a page instead of pressing a button to get to the next page. I got a Kindle from a friend, but I rarely use it, preferring my books instead.

Pamela Bode
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 187.00

Postby Pamela Bode » December 4th, 2017, 10:29 am

Nothing will ever give me the same feeling as reading paperbacks or a hardcopy book. I don';t know how they read a book using kindle (of course I've tried it, but it took me 9 days to read the book, while I would have finished the book in a few hours if it would have been a paperback). What I miss the most in the ebooks, is that the rustling of the pages. As Amanda said, the if I can't feel the book in my hand I don't feel like I'm reading it. And of course like Harietta and Rook, what's the point of reading the book if you can;t smell the pages! lol
The stories we love best do live in us forever, so whether you come back by page or by big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.

Return to “TV Shows, Movies & Books”