Kindle/eReader vs. books, etc.

Discuss your favorite TV shows, movies and books here!

Moderator: Professors

NightRook30697
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 1,356.30
Pottermore Username: NightRook30697

Re: Kindle/eReader vs. books, etc.

Postby NightRook30697 » August 3rd, 2017, 3:29 pm

HariettaP wrote:i like Eteaders for easy transportation, but what I really enjoy is reading a real (paper) book, with turning pages and bookish smell :)

Hi Harietta, must say I agree, once they make kindles that smell like books they may become even more popular. :lol:

HariettaP
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 54.00
Pottermore Username: HariettaP

Postby HariettaP » August 16th, 2017, 4:05 am

NightRook30697 wrote:
HariettaP wrote:i like Eteaders for easy transportation, but what I really enjoy is reading a real (paper) book, with turning pages and bookish smell :)

Hi Harietta, must say I agree, once they make kindles that smell like books they may become even more popular. :lol:

By the way... a good start up idea :D

NightSarabande
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 55.00

Postby NightSarabande » November 13th, 2017, 7:47 pm

For me, nothing will ever take the place of a hard copy book. I love the feel of it in my hands and the satisfaction of turning a page instead of pressing a button to get to the next page. I got a Kindle from a friend, but I rarely use it, preferring my books instead.

Pamela Bode
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 244.00

Postby Pamela Bode » December 4th, 2017, 10:29 am

Nothing will ever give me the same feeling as reading paperbacks or a hardcopy book. I don';t know how they read a book using kindle (of course I've tried it, but it took me 9 days to read the book, while I would have finished the book in a few hours if it would have been a paperback). What I miss the most in the ebooks, is that the rustling of the pages. As Amanda said, the if I can't feel the book in my hand I don't feel like I'm reading it. And of course like Harietta and Rook, what's the point of reading the book if you can;t smell the pages! lol

It is the quality of one's convictions that determine success not the number of followers ~ Remus John Lupin

Return to “TV Shows, Movies & Books”