Hogwarts: Castle

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Hogwarts: Castle

Postby Whispers » July 14th, 2015, 4:24 am

- This thread represents all the indoor locations that aren't represented in other threads yet -
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

RiverChaser870
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 3.00
Pottermore Username: RiverChaser870
PM Points: 468

Re: Hogwarts: Castle

Postby RiverChaser870 » July 21st, 2015, 6:45 pm

(Ashley) Kitchens

Ashley sighed in relief as she enters the warm and quiet kitchens. She didn't readily saw any house-elves but then again it was after hours. She gingerly opens one of the many iceboxes that lined one wall and looks through the many items it holds.

"Accio," she paused and shook her head. It might not be a good idea to have unknown number of eggs flying to her. She did not want to be wearing them.

It wasn't till she was halfway through the third icebox she found what she was looking for: chicken eggs. Pocketing four she stopped as she closed the icebox. Coffee. She looks around the kitchen surveying where items were located on the clean counters and shelves but she didn't see anything for brewing coffee or just a pot of coffee already brewed and ready.

Not wanting to awake any elves or bring any undue attention to herself she decided to forgo the coffee. She punctured a hole in the eggs and drank them. When she was done she felt better. More together.

Now, I better get to my room before the sun rises, and with that last thought she leaves the kitchens making her way down to Slytherin's dungeons.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » July 29th, 2015, 12:48 am

Attic - November 1st, day after halloween

Angus and the others reached the attic and the secret brewing room without incident. Everyone must be at breakfast he thought relieved. In daylight the frozen monsters had not lost anything of their menace. The heavy drapes were still closed, so the light that came in the room came through the one window without drapes, casting a twilight that could not get rid of the gloom. The cold watery sunlight shone on the shape of a giant snake covered in the missing drape.

In the midst of these unmoving horrors was a cauldron on a magical fire in a bowl. The potion in the cauldron was simmering away, bubbling lazily in the morning sun. The smell was pleasant, a hint of pommegranate juice hung in the air.

Angus approached the cauldron and checked the potion with a checklist at the end of the recipe and nodded, satisfied. "We did it, lads an' lasses! This is a perfect potion if ever I saw one."

He carefully filled two potion vials to the rim with the hot liquid, emptying the cauldron of every last drop. It had become a clear crimson liquid with a watery consistency, just as the recipe had demanded. Strange how an entire cauldron full of ingredients usually yields but one or two doses worth of potion. he mused.

"Right then. Who knows how this actually works?" he asked the others as he turned around.

"And can someone douse the fire, please?"
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 202.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » July 29th, 2015, 9:55 am

Attic

Gwen followed Angus into the Attic. Seeing the frozen monsters, she was glad that she had not come up her the night before. There would have been no way for her to sleep after that. "I'll douse the fire," she said since she didn't know how the potion was supposed to work. Remembering that the fire was magical in nature, she decided that she had better use a Finite rather than augmenti. She drew her wand and waved it at the fire. "Finite encantatem."

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » July 29th, 2015, 4:37 pm

Attic

Tiva stayed next to Gwen with her brother behind all the way from the Great Hall to the attic room they had used for brewing the potion. She had thought she saw Julian looking in their direction at the Hufflepuff table while they were still in the hall, but when she turned to wave at him he was back to talking with Nashira. She felt a little bad for not including the two Slytherins into this, but she didn't really know them and they had chosen to do their own thing. Besides she knew her brother Thalle had not gotten along for Julian for whatever reasons and she doubted that Angus would be willing for two more people tagging along anyway. He probably believed the old notion that a secret was best kept secret when the fewest people knew about it. Which did have merit in this situation.

Tiva tried not to look at the covered basilisk's head, however, she did take her time in viewing the room with the aid of sunlight. Much of the gloom was gone, but the decades of disuse and disrepair had left their mark on the small room. Numerous old and recent spider webs hang in the corners and from the ceiling. The ancient drapes were tattered and worn. The floating, illuminated dust particles swirled around the small group of students.

"We did it, lads an' lasses! This is a perfect potion if ever I saw one."

"Thanks to all our hard work and efforts," Thalle remarked, motioning to everyone in the group.

"It was a team effort alright," Tiva agreed enjoying the potion's aroma. She did enjoy pomegranates after all. She watched as Angus poured up the finished Restoration Potion into two vials and Gwen doused the enchanted fire. She hoped two vials would be enough.

"Right then. Who knows how this actually works?"

"Both, Thalle and myself, have helped our father use this," Tiva quickly informed Angus, "you apply a small drop of the potion to whatever you want restored to its original state and voila."

"From what Tiva has told me," Thalle began, joining his sister by the now empty cauldron, "I would try to restore the vial that held the liquid spiders first then add a drop to each of the frozen spiders. That way the spilled potion that became spiders should be able to return to its container when we apply the potion to it. . . Otherwise, we will be just where we were last night."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

AlyKun
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 1,700.00
Pottermore Username: SpellPotion15320

Postby AlyKun » July 29th, 2015, 5:38 pm

Cera followed suit after Angus and the others. She noted the cobwebs on the ceiling and was afraid the spiders were already loose but she calmed herself down and thought any spider could spin a web. She looked on into the now dark room as Gwen doused the fire. It was dusty, smelled damp and old. It was an attic after all. She remembered that she has an attic at home although her attic was not as empty as this one. Her attic was packed with things. It seemed that this attic was never used, or probably used a long time ago but not anymore. Why would that be though? She questioned to herself.

"From what Tiva has told me, I would try to restore the vial that held the liquid spiders first then add a drop to each of the frozen spiders. That way the spilled potion that became spiders should be able to return to its container when we apply the potion to it. . . Otherwise, we will be just where we were last night."

Cera nodded at Thalle statement. She'd read about this potion It various books as she was looking to brew some other potion. She never tried it before but What Thalle said was pretty much spot on. She looked at the vials that Angus had. would it be enough? They needed a battle plan on how to deal with the spiders.

"We needa battle plan." Cera proposed to the group. "Since we have two vials we should split into Two teams. One will hold the potion and place a drop on stunned spiders and the others will stun spiders. This is from either side of the room." She paused. "To be able to cover more ground, One takes left and one takes right." She said to all of them. She was confident about this. All she wanted was to finish off these spiders. She then thought of the spiders. "I think we need to hurry, I have a feeling the ice had melted already." She said in a less optimistic voice.
ImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » August 1st, 2015, 12:41 pm

"Okay," Emma said chipper. "Doesn't sound too hard." Grabbing one of the potions from Angus, she turned and darted back out the room. It wasn't until she was halfway the corridor, that she noticed the others still standing there. "You guys coming?"

"Coming," Bronwyn called as she hurried after Emma and the two girls descended the stairs together. "Shall I work with you? Maybe we ca-" she was about to say more, when they came across Finn Doyle carrying a broom.

"Hey Bronwyn," the Gryffindor Chaser greeted his House Mate. "Hi, uhm..." he stalled as he realized he didn't know the other girl's name.

"Emma," Emma said helpfully.

"Hey Emma," Flynn acknowledged her before turning back to Bronwyn. "Bron, I was hoping you could help me out with training? Throw a few balls my way?" He looked at her expectantly.

Bronwyn glanced at Emma, but the brightly smiling Ravenclaw didn't appear to be much help. Bronwyn was a good flyer and she occasionally helped out when the Quidditch player couldn't find a partner to train with. If she didn't go with Flynn, he might ask questions and she'd gotten the impression from Angus that 'Project Spider Clean-Up' was supposed to be a secret.

Seeing no other way out, she smiled brightly at Flynn. "Sure. Lets go. Emma, I'll catch you later."

"See you later," Emma waved. "I'll be in Ravenclaw Tower if you need me." As she watched Bronwyn go, she hoped the girl had gotten that she said the Ravenclaw Tower and not the Ravenclaw Common Room. Bronwyn struck her as a lot of fun to be around, and she hoped to see her again soon.

((CONTINUED IN RAVENCLAW TOWER))
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,461.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » March 6th, 2016, 9:33 am

Liam made his way to the Gryffindor common room but instead of entering it, he turned around and went back to the tapestry that was hiding the entrance to the secret room he had discovered. He needed to go back to make sure he still was good enough.

The Hall of Challenges still looked the same. Nothing had changed. Liam went to the obstacle from which he had fallen down. He had to try it again. He couldn't stand failing. What if he tried something else this time. What if this obstacle course was not only about physical fitness but also about outwitting the obstacles which tried to make it as difficult as possible to overcome them. If he only had to prove that he couldn't get distracted easily by other things like the balls, then he might succeed. A little bit of multitasking might be involved as well.

Liam pulled out his wand and prepared for the task that was ahead. He had no idea which spell to use but maybe Wingardium Leviosa would do. He could control one ball and let the others hit that ball instead of him. He started to climb up the obstacle. The balls came flying like him. He raised his wand, holding with one hand to the wall. The first ball hit him and almost sent him straight to the floor. He had to concentrate very much to stay at his position. Then he shouted: "Wingardium Leviosa!" It seemed to work at first but the ball was fighting against being controlled by such an easy spell. Liam climbed higher but suddenly he lost control over the ball and it hit him. He fell again. Somehow he managed to grab some wooden object that was sticking out of the obstacle. He was only five feet above the floor. Disappointed that he hadn't made it straight away up to the top with his plan, he jumped down. He didn't have another idea.

Maybe I should ask my friends whether they have an idea. I'll do that tomorrow. I'll better do something less frustrating right now. Liam thought. He left the room and went to a classroom that was rarely used by anyone. Sometimes a ghost came by but living ones usually never dropped in. It was a quiet place where he could think about anything that kept him busy. He sat down on the floor behind a desk, so that if someone opened the door, the room would seem to be empty. If he couldn't get better at climbing, maybe he would be luckier with something completely different. Ever since he had read about Animagi in a book -- and then he had gained some more information about it in a lesson -- he wanted to become one, and as there were dangerous times ahead he didn't want to be a registered one. Therefore he couldn't trust anybody. His experiments had to stay a secret. Well, nobody would guess what he was doing if they happened to see him sitting there, concentrating on something only he could see, and he hadn't made any progress so far as he had no idea how to start properly, but some hints here and there in some books in the library gave him hope that he would finally manage to do something and then it was better not to be seen by anyone. He had heard that a mandrake's leaf was supposed to help somehow but he had no clue how. He knew that he would have to break into the Restricted Section if he didn't find anything about in the other part of the library but after the events there it was definitely a lot more difficult to get to the section unseen than it had been before.

The rest of the day he just sat there, hoping that a miracle would happen, but nothing happened at all, so he went back to the common room after some time, even more frustrated than before.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 6.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » April 8th, 2016, 9:12 am

Evelynn: Just outside the Kitchen

Mmmmm.... she thought as the scent of fresh blueberry muffins floated out the door/the house elves must be making them for some meal, either today or tomorrow. Either way... They smelled REALLY GOOD. She lingered there for a moment, unsure of what to do. Move on? Or stay for a while longer...
ImageImageImage

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » April 9th, 2016, 1:14 pm

As Evelynn was pondering, a house elf came hurrying out the kitchen door. He looked well groomed, for a house elf, and was carrying a silver platter with a cup of steaming liquid and a piece of the most wonderful chocolate pie Evelynn had ever seen.

In his haste he nearly bumped into the Gryffindor first year, but avoided a calamity by grace of his quick reflexes, spilling not a single drop.

"Yes, miss Featherfew. Can we help you? Looking for something to eat? Yes? Yes? I will get you someone. I have to hurry. Can't let the headmistress' tea get cold. Not with her busy schedule."

He made a whistling sound towards the kitchen and a grubby house elf head peeked around the door. "You whistled?" it asked in a high pitched voice. The other house elf nodded his head towards Evelynn and made off with some haste as the new house elf approached Evelynn carefully.

"How can we help you, miss Featherfew?" she sqeaked, wringing her hands. The first house elf had disappeared.
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”