Hogwarts: Headmistress' Office

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Re: Hogwarts: Headmistress' Office

Postby Little_Tee » July 16th, 2015, 9:03 pm

"So we have a mysterious man breaking into the restricted section and stealing book, then leaving again through a floo in the dungeons. I'm still not sure why you believe him to be an agent of Grindelwald? The library holds many rare and priceless tomes, I can think of myriad people who'd be interested in one of them. Are you basing this on the German language used?"

Thalle looked between Angus and Gwen and waited for them to answer Headmistress Terrecent's question. When several seconds had passed without either them saying anything he decided he should say something. "I admit that it might be far-fetched to make the connection between the hooded figure and Grindelwald, but he did act strangely." he paused remembering all he could about the stranger. "I saw him using a spell on the library's door. Then I heard him speak in a peculiar accent as he left. An accent that did not sound like French. The parchment's riddle was in German. Although the warning and the directions was in English. . ." he trailed off as that bit of realization finally dawned for him. Why was the warning and the map in English if the riddle was in German?

Mentally shaking his head he continued, "I'm sure we all hope that this intruder was not connected to Grindelwald. And more than likely he isn't, but he did take something from the library tonight."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » July 17th, 2015, 10:32 am

Angus decided to put their cards on the table. If the Headmistress was to trust them, they had to trust her.

"...but he did take something from the library tonight."

"That he did." he chimed in. He tried to remember which title Tiva had mentioned in the Ravenclaw Common Room. "He took... er... The Secrets of Hogwarts... The one that is a semi-biography of Salazar Slytherin. I assume someone stole it either to use it, or to sell it to someone who'll use it. We just couldn't bear the thought of Grindelwald being in possession of the book. Who knows what he could do with it."

He sighed a deep sigh for the next part, but he was determined to go on.

"With respect, ma'm. We didn't come here for fun and giggles. We came here because we are genuinely concerned for the safety of Hogwarts and everyone under its protection. We specifically came to you, risking detention for the rest of our lives, because of all the people who could have made that map, we knew it could *not* be you. We trust you."

After a short pause to let sink in his honest words, he added: "And if someone should be punished for all this, it should be me. I started it all be suggesting leaving the Halloween party to go somewhere else."

Then he was quiet and waited for the judgement of the Headmistress with an almost defiant look on his face...
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » July 18th, 2015, 4:31 am

Headmistress Terrence regarded the students before her in silence. Her gaze was unreadable, making it impossible to tell if she was displeased or not. Finally, she glanced down at the parchment in her hand and a slight frown wrinkled her brow. The spell she had cast was still in effect, moving the ink around, but a (very) discerning student might be able to see that by now the pattern had started anew, effectively going around in circled.

"I'll look into it," she finally said. "I suggest you all return to you rooms and don't speak of this to anyone but me." She said nothing about detention or deducting points, seeming content to let the students off the hook for being in the library after hours.
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby Biologist » July 19th, 2015, 1:12 pm

Angus looked at his friends with some guilt. If this was a matter that should not be discussed with anyone, should they tell her of the others who knew about it? But the whole reason they had been vague was to protect their identity. He decided to be diplomatic about it, hoping furiously the matter wouldn't be pressed.

"We discussed what to do with a few others. We'll tell them as well to keep it quiet."

With that he started to leave.
My wand:

^_^

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 202.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » July 19th, 2015, 2:19 pm

"Thank you, Headmistress," Gwendolyn said. "Have a good night." And with that, she turned around and stalked toward the door. Hearing what Angus said, she sent a glare his way and continued out the door to head back to the common room.

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby Biologist » July 20th, 2015, 6:33 am

Angus left with the others as they still had a long night in front of them.

Once outside the Headmistress office he told Gwen and Thalle: "You two go on ahead to the Ravenclaw Common Room. I'll swing by my room to collect my potions kit and join you as soon as I can."

With those words he left the two of them alone and hurried away...

((CONTINUED IN THE HALLWAYS THREAD))
My wand:

^_^

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » July 20th, 2015, 6:31 pm

"I'll look into it. I suggest you all return to you rooms and don't speak of this to anyone but me."

Thalle nodded his head and thanked the Headmistress for her time. The relief that had filled him for not getting a string of detentions or being placed on suspension or worse give him a bout of energy. He quickly followed after Gwen and Angus. They had a potion to brew and, hopefully, a few hours of sleep before the morning feast.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”