Off-Campus: Hogsmeade

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Avis
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 4,962.00
Pottermore Username: AvisHallow15706

Off-Campus: Hogsmeade

Postby Avis » August 18th, 2013, 11:13 am

Hogsmeade Village, or simply called Hogsmeade is the only all-wizarding village in Britain. It was founded by Hengist of Woodcroft. Students may sometimes come on weekend trips, but only third year students and above with guardian permission are allowed to visit. Mainly, students frequent the High Street in the village which contains the named specialty shops and pubs such as Zonko's Joke Shop and Honeydukes. Otherwise, they wander on to observe the infamous Shrieking Shack.

Hogsmeade is a picturesque little village of cottages and shops, with enchanted candles hanging in the trees during the holidays. It is also near the location of the train station used by the Hogwarts Express.

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Re: Off-Campus: Hogsmeade

Postby Whispers » August 28th, 2013, 5:11 pm

RP ANNOUNCEMENT wrote:
"The train came to a stop and a voice came through the speakers, telling the students to leave their luggage and pets on the train as their belongings would be taken to the castle for them.

As students started filing out of the train, they noticed a few things.

Firstly, they were on the outskirts of a small village. The older students would, of course, recognize it as Hogsmeade.

Second, it was evening and dark had set in.

Thirdly. they were greeted by a stern looking woman. Regal, with porcelain skin and white-streaked black hair, she gave off the impression of a woman not to be trifled with. When she spoke, her voice was surprisingly melodic. "I am Mrs. Coulter," she addressed the students, "the Castle's Caretaker. Prefects, I expect you are ready to see the First Years to the boats and the others to the carriages. Make haste please."

((OOC: Enjoy the boat/carriage ride to the castle, everyone!))
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Gatsby
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: DragonNight3344

Postby Gatsby » August 28th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Having spent the remainder of the journey checking each compartment to ensure there was no further rule-breaking or rough-housing, Thomas was relieved when the train finally pulled into the station. Having several hundred hyped-up adolescents and teenagers trapped together for an hours-long journey in a relatively small area always and inevitably resulted in people picking fights.

Stepping down from the train and taking a deep breath of the cool Hogsmeade air, the Ravenclaw's expression fell slightly as he realized that his prefect's work for the evening was not quite finished. Oh, right. The first years. As the previous year had been his first as prefect, the sixth and seventh years had done most of the work to "chaperone" that year's batch of new students. Now it fell to him to do the same
"Er.. first years, come with me." Thomas called, raising his left hand in the air to attract attention."
- RPR - The Wizarding School of Hogwarts - Forums -

Wrackspurt
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 53.00
Pottermore Username: OwlStone19970

Postby Wrackspurt » August 29th, 2013, 2:33 am

Following Grier's suggestion, Miles had changed into his school robes shortly before the train had pulled into a station in a small village. Before they had stopped a voice had come though the speakers on the train telling the students to leave their luggage and pets on the train, and that their belongings would be taken to the castle for them. Miles waited until the last possible moment before putting Sheena back in her cage. He felt bad leaving her again.

Nevertheless, Miles filed off the train with the rest of the students. Levi had told him the school was in a castle, but Miles didn't see any castle. Although he was confused, he didn't have time to stop - the crowd of countless other students was pushing him forward. Then he heard a woman's voice over the crowd calling for the first years. He found the source of the voice and saw a tall woman with black hair and struggled through the crowd toward her.
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,820.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » August 29th, 2013, 12:45 pm

The train finally arrived to the station. Chris told his friends good bye and while there went to the carriages Chris have to make sure that all the 1st years went towards the boats not towards the carriages. Chris have heard the voice of the caretaker Mrs. Coulter telling everyone where to go but as Chris remember doing his 1st year he almost got lost and went towards the carriages not the boats so this year as a prefect he will make sure that none of the 1st years will get lost.

Some of the prefects have already directing the students in the right direction but Chris notice a boy with reddish hair waking with all the students most of them heading towards the carriages. Chris walk towards the boy and tap him on the shoulder.
"Sorry hope I did not scare you but look like you are a first year so you need to follow me towards the boats".
ImageImage

Elena
Unspeakable
Unspeakable
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: ProphecyLight25033

Postby Elena » August 29th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Katherine had changed into her robes after Grier had made the suggestion. Soon the train had pulled into a train station outside a small village. A voice over the speakers told students to leave their belongings on the train, so Katherine did as she was told and left her trunk and Lucky on the train. She hated leaving Lucky behind, but knew she would be okay. Katherine emerged from the train with the other students. He heart started to race with excitement. She was finally here.

She heard a woman’s voice calling out for first years. She followed a few other first years until she was standing in front of a tall, stern looking woman with black hair. “Prefects, I expect you are ready to see the First Years to the boats and the others to the carriages.”

Boats? Katherine thought. What on earth did they need boats for?

Wrackspurt
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 53.00
Pottermore Username: OwlStone19970

Postby Wrackspurt » August 29th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Suddenly Miles felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around. An older student was standing there and spoke to him, "Sorry hope I did not scare you but look like you are a first year so you need to follow me towards the boats". The older boy was wearing a Hufflepuff Prefect badge. "Thank you," Miles said. "I was trying to make my way over to that woman." He gestured toward the woman with black hair. "Shouldn't we go over there and wait for the others? There were more first years in my train compartment."
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » August 29th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Angus slowly but purposefully walked with the flow through the sea of students towards the carriages, enjoying the unfolding chaotic scene before him. He remembered how he had felt the first time he had come to this place. They were good memories. He laughed inwardly at the clueless first years and the herding skills of the prefects. He even sent one or two first years in the right direction, grumpily. It's like herding cats! he thought exasperatedly.

At the carriages he randomly took one that had an empty seat. He would see his friends at the Hufflepuff table anyway. He was looking forward to see the Castle again. And to the welcoming banquet with the sorting ceremony.

But first the ride through the dark cold evening in the carriages with no horses. He wondered what kind of Charm or Transfiguration was cast on the ancient wooden cabs to guide them so unerringly to the castle, yet give the impression they were drawn by horses. He felt cold without his scarf and put up the collar of his cloak, waiting patiently until the carriage was full enough to depart.
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Poppy
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 9,206.00
Pottermore Username: dragonwing9

Postby Poppy » August 30th, 2013, 7:45 am

After sitting with Lillian for the rest of the ride to Hogwarts, Sebastian left his things on the train like the driver had instructed and exited it. He had lost Lillian in the progress; he hoped she wouldn't think he had left her on purpose because he wasn't enjoying her company. It was already dark and Sebastian saw everyone heading forward; he was about to follow them before he heard a voice which said ""Er.. first years, come with me." Sebastian followed the sound until he found an older student who was surrounded by what must of been fellow first years. After a closer look he saw a badge on the older student which read "Ravenclaw prefect". He gave a nervous smile to the rest of the first years and waited to hear what instructions the prefect would give.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

RoseFirebolt77
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Points on hand: 4,995.00
Pottermore Username: RoseFirebolt77

Postby RoseFirebolt77 » August 30th, 2013, 9:41 am

Grier had finally managed to get into her trunk to put on her robes, and none to soon. As soon as she slipped her second arm through her robe, the train stopped and she heard a voice over the speaker telling them to leave their belongings on the train. Grier slammed her trunk shut and left it where it was on the floor. She hurried to follow the other students off the train, hating to be the last the last one out of the compartment.

As soon as Grier stepped off the train, she looked around for someone from the school that she was sure would be there to instruct them on what to do now. She scanned the station and saw a tall woman with dark hair who looked to be in charge. Grier immediately started in her direction, pushing a few people out of the way in the process.

"I am Mrs. Coulter," the woman said, "the Castle's Caretaker. Prefects, I expect you are ready to see the First Years to the boats and the others to the carriages. Make haste please."

Grier looked around for the nearest prefect and quickly spotted a Ravenclaw boy with a prefect badge nearby. She made her way to him and stood beside him as he called for other first years to gather round. A few other students joined them, including a short boy with curly black hair who smiled at Grier rather nervously. "We'll be taking the boats to the castle now," Grier informed him. "It's a special rite of passage for all the first years."
Image Image Image

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”