Off-Campus: Hogsmeade

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Nim
Unspeakable
Unspeakable
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: NimbusHeart42

Re: Off-Campus: Hogsmeade

Postby Nim » September 5th, 2013, 10:22 pm

“Hi I’m Katherine. Would you like to be partners?” ((I'm gonna assume that you're talking to me))

Lillian looked up when a girl her own age approached and introduced herself. "Hey, Katherine! I'm Lillian." Before continuing the conversation, Lillian looked around quickly and noticed the boats already beginning to depart. "Shall we grab a boat?"

She lead the way over to where two first years were already sitting. "Mind if we join you?"

((This is for you, Miles and Jacy))
ImageImageImage

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Postby Riverfirebolt » September 6th, 2013, 1:54 am

When they reached the Lake, Ben stared across at the Castle on the opposite bank, it was huge and full of towers and bits added on, looked like there would be lots of exciting places to explore...he realised suddenly that the girl he had paired up was speaking to him, wishing desperately he could remember her name he turned to listen to her just in time to hear her say something about the boats filling up, he looked around quickly and saw two first years in a boat on their own, one of them was the girl from their carriage who had seemed to know quite a lot about Hogwarts and what to expect, the other was a boy he didn't recognise from the train, he pointed to the boat and said, "there is room for both of us there in that boat, shall we go and join them?"

He led the way to the boat and said to the two sitting in there already, "Hi, can we join you, looks like it will fit the four of us?" without waiting for an answer he jumped in and sat down.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Elena
Unspeakable
Unspeakable
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: ProphecyLight25033

Postby Elena » September 6th, 2013, 11:11 am

(( Yes I was. I will try to make myself more clear next time :) ))

"Hey, Katherine! I'm Lillian." Before continuing the conversation, Lillian looked around quickly and noticed the boats already beginning to depart. "Shall we grab a boat?"

"It's nice to meet you, Lillian. Yes, let's grab a boat before they all depart," Katherine said and followed Lillian over to the boats. Katherine started across the lake at the castle. She was memorized by all of the lights shining out from the castle. Her heart began to race. She was getting very excited, but nervous. She began to think about what Grier had said on the train about the sorting ceremony. She thought about where she would be. Slytherin was where all of her family was place besides her mother. Even though she wasn't pure blood, she was from a long line of pure bloods. Though, Hufflepuff didn't sound bad either. She was nice, and was hardworking when she wanted to be. But in the end, it was up to the hat.

Lillian had stopped in front of a boat holding two first years, and asked if they could join them. In the boat was a tan girl with black hair she didn't recognize, and the boy, Miles from the train.

Wrackspurt
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 53.00
Pottermore Username: OwlStone19970

Postby Wrackspurt » September 6th, 2013, 8:37 pm

After being joined by Katherine and Lillian, the four of them had made their way almost all the way across the lake in the magical boat. Then Jacy spoke up. "Er... what do you think of the sorting ceremony? Which house would be the best for you?"

Miles was pretty sure he knew the answer. "I think Hufflepuff would probably be most like me. Although I suppose there's a chance I could be pretty good at magic and get in Ravenclaw. Hard to say since I've never done magic before." Before he could ask the others where they thought they'd go they were docking on the other side of the lake and Mrs. Coulter was out of her boat and speaking to them again.

RP ANNOUNCEMENT wrote:
"Well first years, here we are. Hogwarts castle. If you'll all disembark from your boats and follow me, we'll make our way inside, and then you'll all be sorted."

((So we're wrapping up the boats and the carriages. If everyone could make their way into the Great Hall we can start the Sorting and start of term feast.))
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage

Poppy
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 9,206.00
Pottermore Username: dragonwing9

Postby Poppy » September 8th, 2013, 7:25 am

"I suppose," said Grier before striding off into one of the boats. Sebastian frowned; it didn't sound like she was very eager to partner up with him. He hoped that it wasn't something that he had done, and that she was simply like this to people she hardly knew. His hurt at her response quickly vanished from his mind when he show Hogwarts; it was beautiful! He had expected it to be pretty, but not this pretty! His homesickness shrinked a little now that he wasn't in the tight closed train and he saw how pretty his new school was.

He walked after the Grier girl into the boat she had chosen. Soon another boy and a girl walked up to their boat; the boy said, "Hi, can we join you, looks like it will fit the four of us?" and before Sebasitan or Grier had a chance to respond he jumped in. Sebastian decided to respond anyway just for a conversation starter, "Sure you can join. I'm Sebastian nice to meet you."

((Assume you were talking to us River. Also not really sure how to roleplay the boat into Hogwarts so going to leave that to someone else xD))
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » September 8th, 2013, 8:59 am

Biologist wrote:"Er.. thanks for pointing me in the direction of the prefect. He fixed it." He whispered in a conspiratorial voice. "I'm Angus, by the way. I owe you one."

Serena smiled somewhat confused. "I know your name, Angus. You're in several of my classes. In fact -" her tone was somewhat teasing "- you've been in several of my classes for three years now." Her tone because serious again "I'm glad Thomas could help. He helped me out last year when I had an, uhm, incident in the library." She fell abruptly silent, as if she hadn't meant to say that, and a bright red flush crept up her cheeks. By now their carriage arrived at the castle and pulled up in the courtyard. They were one of the first to arrive in and Serena climbed down hastily. This was her fourth year at Hogwarts, but the castle never failed to impress her.
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » September 9th, 2013, 2:51 am

Serena smiled somewhat confused. "I know your name, Angus. You're in several of my classes. In fact -" her tone was somewhat teasing "- you've been in several of my classes for three years now." Her tone became serious again "I'm glad Thomas could help. He helped me out last year when I had an, uhm, incident in the library." She fell abruptly silent, as if she hadn't meant to say that, and a bright red flush crept up her cheeks. By now their carriage arrived at the castle and pulled up in the courtyard. They were one of the first to arrive in and Serena climbed down hastily. This was her fourth year at Hogwarts, but the castle never failed to impress her.

Angus scolded himself for his clumsiness. Of course she knows my name. Stupid. He grinned sheepishly, trying to hide his scowl. He was surprised at Serena's slip up, but decided not to act on it. She appeared to be nice enough. For a Slytherin. So he just shrugged and said somewhat harshly "There hasn't been an incident in the library last year."

As the Castle came into full view, Angus smiled broadly for the first time this trip. He loved the sight of the old place and couldn't help but be impressed by it every time he set eyes on it. It truly felt like a second home to him and he couldn't wait to meet his friends at the Hufflepuff table. As he was debating internally whether he should be gallant and offer his hand to help the lady out, Serena had already climbed down from the carriage and walked towards the castle stairs. He shrugged and climbed down himself, hurrying towards the castle and towards a new year of magic and mysteries.
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Heartrose
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 2,189.17
Pottermore Username: HeartRose25916

Postby Heartrose » September 10th, 2013, 10:42 am

Daisy followed Ben to the boat with the two other first years in, Ben jumped in quickly and introduced himself to the two students already in the boat, the girl from the train Grier didn't reply, but Daisy understood this as she was staring at the castle over the lake. The other boy introduced himself as Sebastian.

Daisy climbed gingerly into the boat after Ben, a little nervous as last time she had got into a boat with her brothers they had pushed it away from the dock just as she was climbing in, but luckily she got in ok and sat down, she smiled at Sebastian and said, "Hi I'm Daisy nice to meet you".

As she sat down the boat started moving by itself across the dark lake to the brightly lit castle opposite and Daisy was so worried about the sorting to come that she stopped listening to the others in the boat and just tried to calm herself and prepare herself for what was to come.

They reached the other side quite quickly and the tall Witch from the station was first out onto the bank, she said "Well first years, here we are. Hogwarts castle. If you'll all disembark from your boats and follow me, we'll make our way inside, and then you'll all be sorted." Daisy nervously followed the other students out of the boat and up to Hogwarts Castle.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”