Off-Campus: Hogwarts Express

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Avis
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 4,962.00
Pottermore Username: AvisHallow15706

Off-Campus: Hogwarts Express

Postby Avis » August 15th, 2013, 8:40 pm

The Hogwarts Express is the name of the train that makes a run between London, King's Cross Station Platform 9¾ and Hogsmeade Station. It makes this run at about six times a year, maybe more, as needed. It carries students to Hogwarts Castle at the start and end of every term. The train leaves Platform 9¾ without fail on 1 September at 11 o'clock in the morning, arriving at Hogsmeade Station in the early evening. Some students take the train back to King's Cross Station to go home for the Christmas and Easter holidays, but some don't, as they stay at Hogwarts. It also makes the run back again to London at the end of term in June.

In striking contrast to Britain's National Rail system, the Hogwarts Express takes the form of a large red, 4-6-0 steam engine. Originally steam fitted by the Muggles who built it, the Hogwarts Express now runs exclusively on magic.

The passenger carriages hold compartments set off a corridor, allowing each compartment to function as a self-contained stage within the larger train. During the long journey to Hogwarts, students may enjoy treats from a trolley, such as Pumpkin Pasties and Chocolate Frogs. There are usually no adults aboard the Hogwarts Express except the witch with the tea trolley and the driver. Occasionally new teachers could be found aboard the train as well. Prefects of the school ride in a separate carriage near the front of the train.

Use this topic to roleplay your characters time on the Hogwarts Express.

Wrackspurt
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 53.00
Pottermore Username: OwlStone19970

Re: Hogwarts Express

Postby Wrackspurt » August 18th, 2013, 12:58 pm

The train had begun to move, and once again Levi was on his way to Hogwarts. This would be his fourth year at Hogwarts school, but it was the first year his younger brother Miles would be joining him. Right now Levi found himself helping Miles find a compartment to sit in with other first years. Levi, who was much more outgoing than Miles, remembered how nervous he had been on his first ride on the Hogwarts Express. However, he also viewed it as a rite of passage. The Hogwarts Express was where you made your first friends - and in some cases first enemies. Levi passed a compartment where some of his friends were seated, already chatting away. They motioned for him to come in. He dropped off his trunk in the compartment as Miles stood in the corridor, and said quietly, "I'll be right back. I've got to help my brother first." Levi walked back out of the compartment and slid the door shut. He turned back to his brother. "You take the lead. I'll carry your trunk for you," and he followed his little brother into the next car.

((OOC: Feel free to interact with Levi, Miles, or both))
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » August 19th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Serena made her way through the moving carriages. She hadn't changed yet and her elegant, if somewhat 'vintage 1950's', dress danced around her knees. The green of the dress brought out her eyes and her black hair was tied back in a simple braid. She looked understated but lovely; as the incessantly prattling boy at her side clearly thought.

Damian was 15-and-a-half (he always took care to stress the half) and well on his way to being elected Prefect for the 5th year Slytherins. Smart, excelling in his studies and coming from a good family, the only thing that might keep him back was his view on Muggleborn and Halfbloods - while Damian had nothing against non-Purebloods in principle, he did believe that allowing them in House Slytherin went against the express wishes of the House's Founder and therefore should not be allowed.

As the pair came across Miles and Levi, Serena stopped to greet to her classmate. Damian merely regarded Levi with disapproval and, without saying a word, touched the tip of his wand to Serena's to transfer the floating spell she had cast on her trunk. Now with two trunks following in the air behind him - his and Serena's - the Fifth year continued to the main Slytherin carriage.

"Hi Levi," Serena greeted her fellow Slytherin. She regarded the younger boy standing in front of him, noticing the similarities in his hair and facial features. "Is this your brother?" If Serena had any problems accepting Muggleborn, she certainly never showed it, but rumours increasingly linked her family to blood supremacist sympathies.

((Damian is an NPC student and free to use. Does anyone want a short write-up of him?))
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,817.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » August 19th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Occ: That would be great Whisper if you do make a short write up about Damian since you said he is going be a prefect since Christopher is a 5th year prefect as well.

Christopher was walking along the train walk way heading to the Reserve carriage for the prefects. Chris was really surprise when he got his Hogwarts letter a few weeks back. He just thought it was going to only have the typical school supplies letter but he was shock when he open up the letter and a prefect badge came out of it since he never thought that the school would ever pick him. It was not like Chris was a bad student but he sometimes he did not get the best grades especially in Herbology.

Chris continue to the front of the train as fast he can but as usual it is not really easy to walk on this train everyone is looking for friends to sit with and 1st years are looking for a empty seat anywhere. Chris than stop and saw someone in his year walk off he thought it was Damian a 5th year slytherin was that a prefect badge he was wearing? Chris thought than he saw his sister talking to a another slytherin. Chris than continue walking to the front of the train finally reaching the reserve area for the prefects.
ImageImage

Wrackspurt
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student

Postby Wrackspurt » August 19th, 2013, 3:36 pm

As Damian walked away, Levi turned around and waved, over-enthusiastically, and shouted down the corridor, "Bye Damian! See you later!" Levi knew Damian didn't like him, either personally or because he was muggle-born. As such, he enjoyed pressing Damian's buttons in as playful a manner as possible. What could Damian possibly do, go to the Headmaster saying Levi had been nice to him? Levi tried to be friends with everyone, but finally had given into the fact that Damian was probably a lost cause.

He turned back to Serena, who was much nicer in his opinion. "Hey, Serena. I see Damian's taken a liking to you - sorry about that. Anyway, yes, this is my younger brother Miles. He's a first year."

Miles piped up for only a moment to say "Hello." Levi knew that was probably all they were getting from Miles. Still, it was more than Damian could be bothered to say.

"So, Serena, ready for another painful year in Herbology with Hardwick?" Professor Hardwick wasn't an unfair teacher, but seeing as how Levi was awful at Herbology, he didn't care much for the man.

((I think a write up for Damian would be good. I tried to use context clues to decipher his and Serena's relationship. Hope I got close.))
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage

Avis
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 4,962.00
Pottermore Username: AvisHallow15706

Postby Avis » August 19th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Malcolm had finally got away from his parents. He had been treated like dirt all summer for not living up to his parents expectations of pureblood supremacy. They weren't completely devoted to it like some of the other pureblood families, but Grindelwald's rise was beginning to affect them, finally, and therefore their attitude towards him changed. They wanted their children to accept what was going on as well. Malcolm however, refused. He didn't care that he was a pureblood and belonged to a prominent pureblood family. Furthermore, he was happy he didn't end up in Slytherin and, as a result, confirm to everyone that he was exactly what his family stood for.

But he was finally free until at least Christmas. He didn't have to listen to his parents telling him everyday what a disgrace he was becoming to his families values, for not having the same views. He practically ran to the train without a second glance back at his parents, who had already left anyways. He walked along the hall on the train looking for a familiar face. That's when he ran into Damien. He knew Damien wasn't very fond of him for rejecting the normal pureblood values and ending up in Gryffindor, but there was at least no hatred on either part, yet. They both simply nodded as a greeting and went on their way.

As he continued down the hall, he saw Levi and Serena, who were both friendly enough. They seemed to be in a deep conversation when he slammed the compartment door open, causing both to jump, startled.

"Well hello, Levi and Serena. How was your summer?"

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » August 19th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Serena made a despairing sound at Levi's reference to Herbology. If she could get through a single semester without ending in the Hospital Wing after a Herbology-related accident, she'd be happy.

"Hello, Miles," she said to the younger Toma sibling. "Are you looking forward to seeing Hogwarts for the time? The castle is amazing." she tried to coax him into speaking, but didn't press any further.

She jumped when Malcolm slammed the door open and a disgruntled croak came from the small pouch hanging from her belt. "Oh hush," she said to the pouch, not paying it any further attention.

"My Summer was amazing," she replied to the Gryffindor. "My parents let me have a say in where to go. First we spent 3 weeks in Santorini, Greece, to search for clues of lost Atlantis; that was my parents' choice. Then we went diving in the Bermuda Triangle; that was my choice - you wouldn't believe some of the things I found. And finally another two weeks hobknobbing with the usual in Cancun." Her enthusiasm, overflowing when she spoke of Santorini and the Bermuda Triangle, faltered when she mentioned the popular Pureblooded summer destination.

"We ran into Damian there. Our families are close." Never one to speak ill of anybody, Serena offered no further comment though her body language indicated that perhaps she was not as fond of Damian as he was of her.

"I didn't see you there, Malcolm. Did your family have different plans this year?"

((Damian's write-up is now available in the character application thread. He is a student NPC and free to use.))
Last edited by Whispers on August 19th, 2013, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Wrackspurt
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student

Postby Wrackspurt » August 19th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Miles:
Miles tried to pluck up the courage to speak again. If Levi thought this girl was okay then she must be. He spoke, but with apprehension. "Yes, I'm very excited. I've seen a castle before, but I've never been in one."

As he finished his sentence, another boy barged loudly through the car door, making Miles, and even Levi and the Serena girl jump. There were now officially too many intimidating older students for Miles to handle. He needed to leave. Levi had placed Miles's trunk on the floor as he chatted with the other older students. Miles tilted it onto it's end, preparing to drag it and said to Levi, "I'm gonna keep going. I'll be fine by myself."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Levi:
Levi turned back to his brother for a moment, as Serena and Malcolm talked about their summers. "Are you sure? I could go with you if you want." Miles again said he'd be fine. Levi didn't press his brother anymore, to avoid upsetting him. "Okay... Bye. Maybe I'll come find you later. See how you're doing." Miles simply replied with "Okay" and began to drag his trunk into the next car.

Levi turned his body back towards the conversation his fellow fourth years were having, but his eyes followed Miles until he had left the car. Then, still concerned for his brother, but wanting to respect his wishes, Levi returned to the conversation. "Well... do you two want to join me in my compartment? There's still room."

((I purposefully removed Miles from the scene, so anyone who has a first year can interact with him without all the other stuff going on))
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage

Gatsby
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: DragonNight3344

Postby Gatsby » August 19th, 2013, 7:20 pm

Thomas Morse tread carefully down the corridors that cut through the passenger carriages, peering inside each compartment as he passed while trying not to think about the fact that the path he was walking was on a moving train. Smooth ride or not, it was difficult to forget his tendency for motion sickness. At least it was better than flying; the very thought of being sent aloft on a broom made the soon-to-be-sixth year Ravenclaw queasy with anxiety.

For the first time since he'd arrived at the school, Thomas' reservation about being immersed in wizarding culture had been surpassed by an understated enthusiasm for the coming year. For one, he'd made a handful more friends than he'd had in the past. And two, there was a particular fourth year that he wouldn't mind speaking to again about their shared love of Muggle tomes.

His mind already reaching toward his favorite chair in the library, the Ravenclaw nearly passed the compartment that Damien, Serena, Malcom, and the others had settled themselves in. "Have an empty seat to spare?" Thomas poked his head inside , brightening considerably as he recognized more than one familiar face.

Emrys Treharne, meanwhile, had found a relatively empty compartment with a pair of his housemates for company. The almost-third year was not the most keen about mingling with those of other Houses. Especially those of non-magical origin.
- RPR - The Wizarding School of Hogwarts - Forums -

Heartrose
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 2,189.17
Pottermore Username: HeartRose25916

Postby Heartrose » August 19th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Daisy was so excited the day she left home for Hogwarts, she got her whole family up way too early and to the station by just after ten o'clock. Despite how much her brothers annoyed her she was scared to be leaving them as even with all their pranks and teasing they had always looked after her and been there for her when she needed them. The boys and her parents helped her get her trunk, which was nearly as big as she was, and the cage with her new pet owl, named Sandy, on to the train and tucked away safely in an empty compartment. Then they all hugged and kissed her goodbye and left her to it. She sat in the corner of the carriage and for a while watched all the other students, families and animals milling around on the platform and walking up and down the corridor past her compartment, after a short time she decided no-one was going to join her and got her copy of The Standard Book of Spells and started reading, longing for the time when she could try some of them out.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”