Hogwarts: Grounds

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 2,462.50
Pottermore Username: FlameShield1207

Re: Hogwarts: Grounds

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 2nd, 2015, 5:22 pm

The Owlery

Nashira grinned. "Why not?" she replied. "I really think that we've earned it, don't you?"

She took the bottle of wine and carefully poured each of them a glass. Raising her own glass high, she said to Julian, "Want to propose a toast?"

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 49.00
Pottermore Username: Scalekey15069

Postby Julian Sebastian » July 2nd, 2015, 6:46 pm

The Owlry

Takes the glass Nashira poured for him. He thinks on it for a bit, then says "To making it through this crazy night in one piece." He taps his glass to Nashira's and then takes a sip of his wine. When he's done, he gives Nashira a serious look and says, very quietly, so only she can hear, "Of course, now we're going to have to figure out what to do about Thalle and company. They seem determined to find out what that guy was a part of and stop it. Of course, there's a chance that whatever that foreign gentleman was up to might work out in our favor. In that case, we might have to do whatever we can to stymie their investigation."
ImageImage

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 2nd, 2015, 8:08 pm

The Owlery

Nashira clinked her own glass against Julian's and drank from it. Then she said, "That's true, enough. Maybe put it about, subtly, that he's crazy and coming up with wild stories. Like tell people weird things and say that you heard it from Thalle. That way, if he starts talking about the guy with the heavy footsteps, no-one will believe him."

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Julian Sebastian » July 3rd, 2015, 9:37 am

The Owlry

"Perhaps that could work." Julian says as he sips more of his wine. "I think when I go home on the next break I'm going to tell my dad more of what's going on. He'll know how to handle things." He went over to the nearest window and took a quick peek out. There didn't seem to be anyone else around. He looks at Nashira. "And of course, I think by now we both know where we've heard the library creeper before."
ImageImage

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 3rd, 2015, 4:20 pm

The Owlery

"Yes," Nashira replied. She took a gulp of wine, then continued. "My father often listens to broadcasts from abroad. I recognised the voice of the stranger as having an accent just like the people who speak on the broadcasts."

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » July 3rd, 2015, 8:03 pm

Outside the Owlry

"I'm glad that we don't have to trek across the grounds in this weather," Tiva remarked shuddering as another flash of lightning illuminated the world outside the dry, enclosed corridor that run from the main campus of Hogwarts to the Owlry. "Or that we didn't run into anyone..." she trailed off as they approached the small structure that housed the Owlry. She had been worried they would have run into the hooded figure again, something she did not want to happen again. That was why they had used three shortcuts and had made it to the Owlry in record time from Ravenclaw. Well, that and she wanted to hurry back and see if Cera, Jacy and Thalle had determined anything about the parchment. She noticed the small glow of candle light from the windows before them and she slowed her steps as she motioned for Gwen to be quiet.

"It's probably just Julian and his date," she whispered to Gwen, "but no need to take any chances though."

She slowly made her way to the door and slowly pushed it open an inch. She grasped her wand at her side ready to swung it into action if need be. She relaxed when she saw Nashira resting with a bottle of some kind of drink, but before she could push the door open wider and announced their presence she froze as she heard the last of what Julian said; "And of course, I think by now we both know where we've heard the library creeper before."

Why hadn't Julian said anything before if he had recognized the stranger. Tiva frowned at Nashira's reply. Wireless messages from aboard. That could only mean propaganda messages from Grindelwald's domain. A cold dread ran through her. She wanted to bolt back to her bed and hide under the covers. She had heard the odd rumor and worried murmurings from other students, even with her brother trying to shield her from it, she knew that the treat of war was looming over all their heads...

But it hadn't seemed this real before tonight. She silently remarked before she shook herself and opened the door and walked through into the Owlry.
Owlry

Holding the door open for Gwen, she turned and greeted Nashira and Julian politely.

"Late night special letter delivery," she offered in way of explaining their presence. She went over to one of the writing stations and pulled a sheet of parchment lose and took one of the writing quills that were already inked and ready to go. She starred at the blank parchment before her. She hadn't planned on writing anything before heading here. But, now... Now, she wanted to touch base with her father. She looked over at where Gwen was fashioning her letter home to an owl that Tiva didn't know. Maybe that was why Gwen had wanted to come all this way out here tonight and not wait till the morning post. She had wanted to reach out and touch base with friends and family that weren't there with them at Hogwarts.

She shook herself from her musings and returned to her letter. She quickly penned a letter from her heart:
"Dad,
Thalle and I are both doing fine here. I just wanted to say that I love you and I hope you had a Happy All Hallows Eve. Sorry that I haven't been writing to you like I should. How are you and the shop doing? How is Miss Favager doing? Has she heard from her sister yet?

Love,
Tiva
"

She read over the letter once before rolling it and issuing over one of the standby Ravenclaw owls. A service the school provided for students who didn't have an owl as their one pet. "Alexander," she grinned as she recognized the old snowy owl, "How are you this dreadful night? Please take this to my dad when there is a break in this weather."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 202.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » July 3rd, 2015, 8:21 pm

The Owlry

Gwen slipped into the owlry behind Tiva. She nodded her head in greeting towards the two students who had been in the library. Fishing the letter out of her pocket, she read it over yet another time. There was so much else she wanted to write, but didn't have the words needed to describe exactly how she felt. Shaking her head, she walked towards an owl all by herself. Hogwarts didn't need very many international owls, if any. But that didn't mean that the occasion student didn't have a parent traveling abroad at one time or another and even rarer was the occasional exchange student, though she wasn't sure if she had ever heard of any students actually moving from one continent to another partway through their magical education. Yet, regardless of whether it was necessary or not, Hogwarts did have a few international owls. As did Salem, she recalled. She took a piece of string and started tying the note around the leg of the agreeable owl. She picked the owl up, intending to release it out the window. As she approached the window however, there was another flash of lightning and the terrified shriek of an owl on the outside.

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » July 3rd, 2015, 9:22 pm

The Owlry

Tiva jumped as she heard the terrified shriek of an owl from outside and startled Alexander who hooted in annoyance as he flew around the Owlry. She reached out and tired to calm down the spooked owl. "S'okay. It's okay boy."

She didn't succeed however, when she tripped and fall hard onto the old wood floor of the Owlry. She skidded across it. Stopping right at the feet of Julian. "Sorry," she muttered as she pushed herself back up to her feet, "at least I didn't run into you," she joked halfheartedly as she searched for Alexander.

"Here boy," she cooed and was relieved when he landed softly onto her forearm. "Good Alexander." She summoned a treat and feed it to him.

"Whatever happened Gwen?" she asked as she softly continued to pet Alexander. "Did an owl hit the window?"
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 202.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » July 3rd, 2015, 10:11 pm

The Olwry

"I'm not su..." Gwen is interrupted by a big black owl crashing through the entry hatch and knocking her over. With her fall, she drops the startled international owl and unintentionally unities the letter around its leg. Hooing angrily, the international owl returns to its nest box. Shaking her head, Gwen stands up, noticing that the black owl is standing on the ground staring at her with big yellow eyes. "Hoo?" says the bird. She glances closer at the bird, noticing the letter tied to its leg. Sighing, she bends down to get a closer look. "Who's the letter for?" Not expecting any reply, she is surprised when the owl hops onto her arm, waving its leg towards her. Frowning, she quickly unties the ribbon holding it in place. As she takes hold of the letter, a separate sheet of paper falls out and lands on the ground a few feet away.

Gwen glances at it just long enough to see that the paper is the front page of the American Wizarding paper. The article reads, "Freak Accident kills Student of Salem Witches' Institute." Gwen gasps and tears open the envelope to find that there are two letters inside. She scans the first one. "We regret to inform you of the death of one of your former classmates, Sophie Brooks." Eyes wet, she reads on to find that one of the towers that housed of the girls' dormitories collapsed and that Sophie was the only casualty, as she had acted to save the lives of several other girls. The letter said which girls were saved, all of whom Gwen recognized by name. Turning to the second letter, she looks immediately at the signature. There at the bottom, in neat black script, reads the signature, "Sophie Brooks."

I'm the last person she wrote to, Gwen realizes.

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Julian Sebastian » July 4th, 2015, 12:46 am

The Owlry

Julian was about to say something else to Nashira, but then Tiva and Gwen barged in. He quiets down very quickly. How much had they heard? As they went about there business, Julian does his best to ignore them, continuing to drink his wine with Nashira. When Tiva tells the owl to wait until weather is better, Julian breaks his silence.

"He can take it now." He says. "Owls are resilient, they fly in storms all the-" he is interrupted by quite a commotion, and though he's not exactly sure what all happened, he gathers that an owl has arrived very suddenly and dramatically, and has delivered very bad news to Gwen. He doesn't know Gwen very well, and he finds the situation quite awkward. He glances over at Nashira with a 'what now?' expression on his face.
ImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”