Hogwarts: Grounds

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 2,462.50
Pottermore Username: FlameShield1207

Re: Hogwarts: Grounds

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 4th, 2015, 6:27 am

The Owlery

Nashira drank her wine and ignored the interruption. When the owl arrived with the bad news for Gwen, Nashira looked at her. "I'm sorry," she said, sounding sincere. "Maybe you ought to go back to your common room, where your friends can help. You shouldn't be wandering around here on your own, especially after hearing bad news."

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 237.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » July 4th, 2015, 11:31 am

The Olwry

Gwen wants to snap something at Nashira, but realizes that doing so would be pointless. She doesn't just want to send her letter, she wants to floo call her friends, which would be impossible, considering that with the time difference. Her friends were probably still eating dinner, unless they were still in classes. She glances at the fallen letter she had intended to send. She'd have to rewrite it again. She shoves the envelope and two letters in her pocket without reading the letter from Sophie. She'd read it eventually, most likely in the privacy of her dorm room. She reaches down to pick up the letter she'd intended to send and puts it in her other pocket. Her hand hits the copper spy glass that apparently had once belonged to Perpetua Fancourt. Shaking her head, she also reaches down for the newspaper article.

"Tiva?" she asks, looking around for the other girl. Holding the paper at an angle where the other girl can see the article if she's so inclined, she asks curiously, "Do you know what time it is?"

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » July 4th, 2015, 5:08 pm

The Owlry

Tiva had stepped back and shielded Alexander when the unexpected owl crash into the Owlry. Tiva first thought was that Nashira or Julian had gotten a reply back to their letter. However, she was shock to see the owl deliver the missive to Gwen. She grew concerned for her friend as she saw disappointment and sorrow eclipse her usually cheerful features. It didn't take a Muggle rocket scientist to see that Gwen had gotten some bad news.

Tiva turned her attention back to the owl that proudly perched on her forearm. She didn't feel right just standing there and starring at her friend so she shooed Alexander on. Watching as he flapped his way up and out of the Owlry to deliver her letter home. "Be safe," she breathed before turning her attention back from the ceiling of the Owlry to Gwen at Nashira's apology.

So it is bad news, Tiva mused moving closer to her friend. Trying to offer some kind of comfort but at a lost as to what to say. So, she stood there and shrugged when she saw Julian's lost look, she was at a lost to what she should do too.

"Maybe you ought to go back to your common room, where your friends can help. You shouldn't be wandering around here on your own, especially after hearing bad news."

"Thanks Nashira, but you forget she isn't alone. I'm here too." Tiva corrected trying to stay polite. She knew that both Gwen and herself had interrupted their romantic moment or whatever they had been doing with a bottle of elvish wine, a lone candle and two wine glasses, but Gwen wasn't alone.

"Tiva? Do you know what time it is?"

Tiva switched her attention back to Gwen and saw the headline on the newspaper. "Oh, no Gwen." she breathes before she remembered Gwen's question. Shaking herself she glances at her wrist watch before frowning. A large crack ran down the length of the glass front of it. Bringing it to her ear she sighed when she realized it had stopped running. Just when she was about to reply that she didn't know the time she remembered a charm. "Tempus revelare," she uttered doing the associated wand movements. The time hovered in the air before her. "A quarter till ten o'clock."

"You want to head back to our Common Room, Gwen?"
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 237.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » July 4th, 2015, 6:00 pm

The Owlery

Gwen nodded. "Yeah, lets head back to the dorm." She did the math to determine what time it was in Salem. A quarter to five So it wouldn't quite be dinner time yet, so maybe if she did fire call, someone might be around to answer it. She glanced at the newspaper article again, looking to see if it said what dorm the girls would be staying in while the tower was being repaired. But no, the article didn't say. It wouldn't. They probably don't want people trying to fire call. Is it even possible to do so? Gwen wondered. She couldn't remember anyone ever fire calling in the dorms or the common rooms in Salem or here. She slipped the paper into her pocket along with the others. "Maybe the others will be back," she suggests. The spider problem does need to be dealt with and the others should hear about the mysterious figure from the library. But at the same time, "I think I just want to go to bed. I still hate Halloween." And maybe, just maybe, nothing else bad will happen today.

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » July 5th, 2015, 12:42 pm

The Owlery

"Yeah, lets head back to the dorm...Maybe the others will be back, I think I just want to go to bed. I still hate Halloween."

Tiva nodded at Gwen's response. Halloween did tend to be a night where bad or scary things happened. At least there isn't a full moon tonight too, Tiva silently mused as she bid farewell to both Julian and Nashira. She had toyed with inviting them along with her and Gwen as they made their trek back to the main castle, but she had the feeling that they wanted their privacy, so she hadn't asked.

She held the door for Gwen and let it close behind them as she stepped out into the long connecting corridor between the Owlry and the main hallways of the castle. She looked back once at the Owlry and wondered for the first time where the loyalties of the two Slytherins truly lie. She feared that it wouldn't be the same as hers...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 49.00
Pottermore Username: Scalekey15069

Postby Julian Sebastian » July 5th, 2015, 7:52 pm

The Owlry

Julian watches as Tiva and Gwen left. As far as he could tell, someone close to Gwen had died, but Julian hadn't cared enough to catch the details. He drinks some more of his wine and turns back to Nashira. This time he casts a muffliato on the outside of the owlry, and speaks much more quietly, so that someone would have to be right next to them to overhear it. "Anyway, now that that is over with, I just wanted to ask, purely out of curiosity, how do you and your family feel about Grindelwald? And please answer truthfully. Don't worry. I won't judge."
ImageImage

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 6th, 2015, 11:03 am

The Owlery

Nashira gave a shrug. "Well, basically, my family would support Grindelwald if he came to power; we agree on a lot of his beliefs, especially on blood purity. However, we're not about to declare publicly our views. It wouldn't serve our interests. My father believes that the stance on the Dark Arts in Hogwarts, for example, isn't the correct one. At the school that Grindelwald attended, the Dark Arts are actually taught as a subject, rather than just the defence that we're taught here. I agree. How do you counteract someone who is attacking you if all you know is defensive spells?"

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Julian Sebastian » July 6th, 2015, 12:32 pm

The Owlry

Julian nods. "Ah yes, Durmstrang. Fine school, very prestigious. He takes another sip of wine. "Of course I agree with their stance on the dark arts." He continues, still speaking quietly. "How can students be expected to defend themselves against something they barely only half-understand? I almost went there, but my father didn't want me going to a school too far from home, and he didn't want to live in that area because of some tax issue, or so he claimed."

Julian pours himself another glass of wine, and takes a sip. "Me and my family are also neutral, for the time being. Of course..." He pauses as he sips more wine, and moves closer to Nashira. When he speaks again, it's barely above a whisper. "If a certain someone did cross the channel and take over, it's likely many ministry institutions would remain in place. The auror department, for instance. Can't do without them. There'd be some reorganizing, of course, and aurors who hold the right views would find themselves rapidly promoted. Who knows, one of them might find themselves running the whole department, if things played out right, and they, ahem, took the initiative..."
ImageImage

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 6th, 2015, 5:26 pm

The Owlery

Nashira smiled at that. "Of course," she said. "That would include my father and cousin, as well as myself. I for one don't see the point of protecting people from dark magic. If they can't protect themselves, as most mudbloods can't, then that's their problem. There are far more important things for the Aurors to do than run around protecting idiots. I would have liked to go to Durmstrang, but my family has always had a connection to Slytherin. My aunt is distantly related, after all. So it was inevitable that I would end up going to Hogwarts. Of course, my father has taught me some of the Dark Arts himself, to make up for the deficit in Hogwarts' teaching."

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Julian Sebastian » July 6th, 2015, 8:43 pm

The Owlry

Julian nods in agreement. "My father taught me a few extra things too, as well as my mother." drinks the rest of his wine, but when he reaches for the bottle, he finds that it's empty. He sighs and puts the bottle, as well as his glass, into his enchanted robe pocket. What do you know, all empty." He says. "Perhaps it's just as well, we've tempted fate too many times in one night." He takes out his wand again and lifts the Muffliato charm he'd placed on the outside of the Owlry. He heads toward the door. "What do say we head back to the common room?"
ImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”