Hogwarts: Hallways

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Avis
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 4,962.00
Pottermore Username: AvisHallow15706

Hogwarts: Hallways

Postby Avis » August 15th, 2013, 8:38 pm

The Hallways are large and aerie, some bustling with students and staff and others long abandoned.

The most famous feature is the Grand Staircase; a massive structure in Hogwarts Castle, mainly used to access each floor of the castle, including the dungeons. There are hundreds of Portraits covering the walls in this tower, some of which conceal secret passages to other areas within the school. The multiple staircases in the Grand Staircase lead from platform to platform and go as high as the seventh floor where they come to an end. The stairs also have a knack for moving around the staircase chamber, usually when a student is walking up one of them.

Use this topic to roleplay in between classes.

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,417.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Re: Hogwarts: Hallways

Postby WolfMoon » May 21st, 2014, 11:17 am

((Hopefully it's the right place to post it. I am not sure where else it would fit. If you have a topic for this room or you know a better place for this post, please move it to this place then.))

Liam left the infirmary and went straight towards the Gryffindor common room. Now he needed some time away from everybody and climbing would be the best thing to do right now. He entered the common room, went upstairs to the dormitory, took his school uniform off, and changed into his favourite t-shirt and some trousers he usually used for climbing. Then he left the common room again.

Liam wasn't in a hurry. Just for fun, he touched the stone walls in passing. On the sixth floor, he walked past the large phoenix tapestry he had admired on his very first day at Hogwarts. Never since that day had he paid much attention to it. It was just another tapestry. There were plenty of them at Hogwarts. But in his opinion this one was the most beautiful. He looked at it for a second.

When he was eleven and he just came to Hogwarts he had stared at the tapestry for about two minutes. He could have sworn that there was something behind it, but then he was distracted by the prefect who told them to hurry up. When he looked at the tapestry again, before following the prefect, he couldn't see anything behind it. His mind used to play tricks on him when he was younger, so he never really believed that there was something behind the phoenix tapestry. It had only been his weird imagination.
But then he thought it would be fun to look at it again, trying to see what he had seen on his first day at this school. He wanted to have that feeling of excitement again. His mind had never again played tricks on him, so he was afraid that he had lost this ability.

He loved the phoenix. It was such a wonderful creature, and its colours were so nice and warm. Red, yellow and orange were his favourite colours. Well, he actually loved all colours but for his room at home at his grandparents' house those warm colours were best. They made his room look even brighter than it actually was.
Oh brilliant, he thought. I get so easily distracted. He looked at the tapestry again, trying to stay focused, but his concentration faded. What am I doing here? If anybody sees me, he or she will think I'm insane. I can't see non-existent things anymore because I am no longer a small child with too much imagination.

He was about to walk away when he tried again. He simply had to. Well, hope springs eternal.
Suddenly, he thought he saw something behind the bird's fiery wings. He was absolutely sure that it was a faint, shimmering outline of a door. So there was something behind it, but how could he reach it? He tried to move the tapestry but that wasn't possible. It seemed to be clued to the wall with some kind of magic. There was only one possibility. He had to walk through the tapestry. But there were flames, and moving closer to it he could have sworn that it was a real fire burning in there because it seemed to become warmer and it seemed to crackle.

Although he didn't want to be burnt, he moved even closer, took a deep breath, closed his eyes and walked through it. He was pretty sure that it was warm for at least three seconds (but it might have been caused by the adrenalin that was pumping through his veins), however there was no pain.

He opened his eyes carefully and was staggered.

Right in front of him was a room that was so gigantic that the word *room* couldn't be used for it. It was a kind of cross between an obstacle course and a parkour race.
Why should I climb trees? This is even better, he thought. And I'd say it's even more challenging. I love challenges.

It was indeed challenging, because it wasn't only climbing up things but also avoiding objects that were trying to make him fall. I am pretty sure that there will be even more dangerous things if I go on, he thought when suddenly one of those objects hid him and sent him back to the ground. Never before did he fall down when climbing a tree or a rock. So he was pretty surprised as he hid the ground and the air was squeezed out of his lungs. He gasped for breath. After a moment that seemed to be endless, he got to his feet, trying not to scream in pain, and decided to leave the room. That was enough for now. Breathing is a little difficult. Maybe I should go to the infirmary again. Hopefully I'll find a good explanation till I get there.
ImageImageImage

Arien
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00

Postby Arien » May 22nd, 2014, 10:24 am

Evanna stuggled to carry her bag along the corridor. She'd been looking for Liam for a while, as the others were in the Infirmary and she had nothing to do.
Suddenly, she spotted him. He had an awful look of pain on his face, and was gasping for breath.
"Liam? Are you okay?" Evanna said, concered, as she ran towards him.
After getting no reply, she put her arm around him and started walking him to the Infirmary.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,417.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » May 22nd, 2014, 11:09 am

Liam let Evanna help him without hesitation. He wouldn't manage to walk to the infirmary without any help.

"Thanks," he said before gasping for breath again, "for helping me." Then he was silent for the next few minutes before talking again. "You have no idea... what I have just discovered... I've got to tell... you and the others... about it... as soon... as I can... breathe again." He needed to pause for a while. The pain was horrible. He probably had one or two broken ribs. Well, he thought so. He had never before felt such pain.

"Let's... hurry up... please."
ImageImageImage

DikkeVetteVlinder
First Year Student
First Year Student
Pottermore Username: IceDawn5716

Postby DikkeVetteVlinder » June 1st, 2014, 7:26 am

With her bag dangling from one shoulder, Ivey walked towards the stairs, not sure if she was going the right way, but also not too concerned about it. Exploring the castle was something she always found quite exciting.
Suddenly, a girl who had been rushing up the stairs fell, bumping her head. Ivey used a few very impolite words, quickly tossed her bag to the side and hurried down the stairs until she had reached the girl.
She muttered another word that most teachers would disapprove of and carefully turned the girl on her back, not entirely sure what to do. She looked around, hoping to see a teacher, or at least someone who could alarm the school nurse or something.
"H-hey, can you hear me?" she asked the girl, even though she seemed unconscious. Ivey thought quickly. The girl couldn't stay here, but carrying her was not an option, not all the way to the infirmary, while she could have broken something. However, she didn't consider just leaving the girl here and searching for help a great idea either.

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » June 1st, 2014, 11:27 am

As Ivey busied herself with checking Greyie, the paintings moved.While most figures on the paintings close to the two students craned their neck to see what was going on, one of them disappeared from view. Brunhilde of the Vales had been a hands-on and practical woman in her life and now that there was an emergency, the large woman in resplendent crimson robes didn't hesitate to leave her frame in a hurry to get help. A few minutes later, a man came hurrying up the stairs of the Great Staircase. He was tall and slender, handsome in his forties, his long black hair in a ponytail, wearing wire-rimmed glasses with circular frames. His robes had the silver and green trims of a Professor from House Slytherin. Ivey recognized him as Desmond Anholts, the Divination Professor. It probably wasn't a coincidence he showed up in their moment of peril.

He quickly knelt down next to Greyie and checked her pulse and breathing. Then he looked up with worry on his face and asked: "Miss Micheals, could you tell me what happened here, please?"
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » June 3rd, 2014, 2:13 pm

After Professor Anholts had checked Greyie's injuries, he said: "Well, it looks like she will be allright. Although she will need to see Doctor Rhodes at the infirmary. You are welcome to come with her, though the doctor will need you to stay out of the way."

Then he used a levitation charm to lift Greyie's unconscious body up in the air and brought her to the infirmary by the quickest route.

[CONTINUED IN THE HOSPITAL WING THREAD]
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Castle
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Pottermore Username: CastleBlood14019
Location: In my room, not making noises and pretending I don't exist

Postby Castle » July 2nd, 2014, 9:48 pm

As Greyie walked through the Corridors towards the Ravenclaw Common Room, she decided to go slower than her normal pace to think things through that have been bothering her for the past couple hours. No matter much she tried to get Serenas face out of her head, the clearer she saw her face, it didn't make her feel any better than she already felt. In fact Greyie felt worse, she was exhausted and she felt like she was being violently attacked every second she moved. She also didn't want a repeat of what happened earlier when she fell and bashed her head, so everytime she got to any staircase she went at a snails pace, it hurt to even lift her leg to walk let alone walk up flights of stairs. She planned to head straight to bed when she reached the common room.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Castle
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Pottermore Username: CastleBlood14019
Location: In my room, not making noises and pretending I don't exist

Postby Castle » July 15th, 2014, 5:08 pm

As she got to the spot she mentioned to Gwen back in the common room, she stopped and turned to look at Gwen. She started to regret wanting to tell her but thought to herself 'I'm here now, no point backing out'. She didn't know how to say the words ''I'm not...like other people Gwen'' she tried to stay calm but she was freaking out inside, she continuted ''I'm...''. Greyie sat down so she felt like she had something solid to hold onto ''I think I'm..Gay'' She told Gwen making sure she whispered the last part incase anybody was around and heard her. She looked at Gwen for a reply
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 237.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » July 15th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Gwen sat down next to Greyie, and listened carefully to her statement. Knowing that the other girl wanted a reply, she thought carefully about her response, since she didn't want to hurt the other girl's feelings. "Why do you say that as if it makes you any less human than me or anyone else? What are you afraid of?"

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”