Hogwarts: Hallways

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,418.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Re: Hogwarts: Hallways

Postby WolfMoon » April 13th, 2017, 7:31 am

"It should be somewhere around. We can't be far from it." Jacy said as they reached the sixth floor. She looked around and then she decided to take the lead and continue her way searching for the tapestry Liam had mentioned.

"Hey, do you think that one could be the one we're looking for?" she asked Evelynn. "I just don't see the door behind it that Liam has talked about. But it has a Phoenix on it. I think we're right. Just one question. If we manage to get into that room, do you think we should do it with the few spells we have learned so far? I'd like to have a look to be honest but well... we might not be prepared to face the challenges that await us..."
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 4.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » April 20th, 2017, 2:29 pm

"If this isn't the, we can always try another! Never give up!" Evelynn bounced up and down, her red hair bouncing with her. "And we might as well try! It's not like the room would kill us or anything. Open it!"
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » April 21st, 2017, 12:49 pm

Jacy was a little insecure but she didn't hesitate that long. She stepped forward to have a closer look at the tapestry. The flames scared her at first. Still, she wanted to find out whether this was the entrance to the Hall of Challenges.

"Okay, then. Let's give it a try."

Although she didn't see the door, she walked straight towards the tapestry. She closed her eyes, expecting to feel the pain as the flames burned her but she didn't feel anything. Those flames were absolutely harmless. Liam had told the truth. As Jacy opened her eyes, she saw the Hall of Challenges. Hogwarts was indeed a place of endless wonder. It would be the best place to practise spells. There weren't only obstacles. A little further one, she noticed something or someone who was moving. If she stepped closer into the room, it would probably start attacking her. Jacy wanted Evelynn by her side to fulfill this task, so she turned around to convince Evelynn to follow her. She left the room again and stood in front of the other first-year.

"It's amazing!" she said. "You have to see it! Follow me! It's worth it!" Then she walked through the tapestry again to wait for Evelynn on the other side.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » April 24th, 2017, 2:07 pm

Evelynn looked at the tapestry as Jacy disappeared back into the room. Taking a deep breath, she plunged in after her.

"Whoa..." she said, her eye's seeming to sparkle. "This is awesome!"
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » April 25th, 2017, 8:17 am

"Do you think, we should have a go?" Jacy asked. "There's only one spell that seems a little helpful to me... and that's Wingardium Leviosa. I don't know whether it's enough. Maybe we'll face dark corners behind the first obstacle, then Lumos can help us... but except these two I don't know any useful spells... And I actually don't think that this is the best place to start reading about more advanced spells."

She was quite good at doubting things quickly... At first, she wanted to do them, and the next moment she wasn't sure about it anymore. Jacy started to disike herself.

"Okay, nevermind. If you say we are ready, then I'll give it a try. We have found this room and we have been keen on learning more. Maybe it's time to prove that what we've learned so far could be quite helpul. I guess we can still leave if anything goes wrong."
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » April 28th, 2017, 6:37 am

"Lets do it!" Evelynn grinned, "We'll never know if we don't try! C'mon!" With that, she began to jog towards the maze.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » April 29th, 2017, 4:24 pm

Jacy was surprised to see that the room had slightly changed. She hadn't paid attention to it a moment before but now that Evelynn began to jog towards the maze, she realised. Still, she followed the Gryffindor first-year, her wand ready to defend herself and Evelynn immediately, should anything try to attack them. It was getting darker the further they got and Jacy was sure that it was time to lit their wands unless they wanted to fall over anything in that maze or to be attacked out of the dark without any time to react.

"I think, we should cast Lumos now." she said. "I can't see anything anymore..." She was shaking a little. Now it was their time to show whether they were able to cast the Wand-lighting spell. Was it their first task? It wasn't that difficult, they could manage it but still they had never successfully casted Lumos before. Could they do it if they were dependent on it?
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » May 1st, 2017, 7:11 am

"Lumos!" Evelynn said confidently and... absolutely nothing happened. They were still surrounded by darkness. "Sorry... I'm bad at Charms... You try?" she tried to keep the fear out of her voice, she didn't like the dark much. It had always been her sister who wanted to go look at the stars. Even then, there had been some light...
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » May 2nd, 2017, 4:01 pm

Jacy took a deep breath. "Well, I'm afraid I have to..." She looked at her wand's tip hoping it would lit and said "Lumos!" Her wand seemed to ignore her. The darkness was intimidating. Due to the fact that she couldn't see anything, every sound was even louder and more threatening. Even her breathing seemed abnormally loud. Her voice's echo sounded four times louder than usually and the moment it returned she was sure that they were standing in a narrow passageway and in front of them was a wall. That either meant they had reached a dead end or that there was another way around a corner. She didn't know what she'd prefer. If there was a way around the corner, then anything could wait behind it. If it was a dead end, then they had to go back to find another way.

They wouldn't know the answer if Jacy didn't manage to cast the spell and they wouldn't find a way out of this maze either.

"Okay, once again." Jacy said and prepared herself to say loud and clear "Lumos!" A faint light flickered at the tip of her wand. It wasn't much but it was enough to see where they were standing. It was indeed a passageway and it turned right. The dim light created scary shadows on the wall but Jacy knew those were only theirs.

"Do you want to continue?" Jacy asked.
Last edited by WolfMoon on May 6th, 2017, 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » May 5th, 2017, 8:59 am

"I think we should at least try our best! Beside I don't know how to get back..." Evelynn said. She was glad she could see now, but hoped she would get better at the Lumos spell sooner or later.

She looked as far as she could back into the dark. "Let go that way!" She sounded more confident than she felt as she began to walk forward.

{Update on where Iris is}

Iris had sat down once again in a window, he classes for the day completed. She had visited the library and checked out a spell book and was reading it, scanning every page. Her bag leaned against the wall beside her. As she read, in the back of her mind she was thinking about this "Dueling Club" of sorts she had joined. Had it been a good idea? Iris usually tried to stay out of drama or whatever you would call this.

She closed the book silently and laid it on her lap. Iris stared into space, simply thinking.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”