Common Room: Gryffindor Tower

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Avis
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 4,962.00
Pottermore Username: AvisHallow15706

Common Room: Gryffindor Tower

Postby Avis » August 15th, 2013, 8:37 pm

Gryffindor Tower, also known as the Gryffindor Common Room, serves as the common room for students in Gryffindor House at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The entrance to the common room is located behind the portrait of the Fat Lady on the Seventh Floor of Hogwarts Castle. A password is required to enter it. A circular hole is behind the painting leading to the common room.

The common room is a circular room where Gryffindor students can relax after a long day of studying. It is full of squashy armchairs, tables, and a bulletin board where school notices, ads, lost posters, etc. can be posted. A window looks out onto the grounds of the school, and a large fireplace dominates one wall. The walls are decorated with scarlet tapestries that depict witches and wizards, but also various animals. The Gryffindor dormitories are also located in the Tower, with two doors leading off from the common room that open to spiral staircases. One of them leads to the girls dormitory, the other to the boys. The stairs to the girls dormitories are enchanted to become a slide if any boy attempts to climb them, but not vice versa, since it was deemed that girls were more trustworthy than boys.

This is a topic for all the Gryffindor’s to talk, relax and study in.

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,816.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Re: Common Room: Gryffindor Tower

Postby Jag17 » September 30th, 2013, 10:39 am

Chris and the first years has reach the 7th floor. "Ok guys not to much farther just down this hallway".

When they reach the end of the hallway there was the portrait of the fat lady. Before Chris could explain who she was she has already spoken the same question she always ask. "Password"? "Waterbird" Chris says. Then the Fat lady portrait opens. "Ok then guys welcome to the common room follow me please."

They was already a few older students in the common room so Chris took them in the middle of the room where it was more quiet. "Ok once again welcome to Gryffindor and to our common room". Before you guys go to bed I wanted to tell some last important information". "Please remember the password water bird that is how you will enter to the common room". Also breakfast starts at 8 am and you don't want to be later tomorrow since that is where you will get your class schedules from our head of house. So now I will show were you be sleeping this year. Girls please go to the left door that will take you to a staircase go up it your guys room will be the first door and will you see your supplies are already there". And for the boys use the door on the right and they will be a staircase and just like the girls go to the first door and that will be your room for the year.

"Well that is all the information I have for you now if you guys have any questions you can ask any Gryffindor prefect and over there" pointing at a small table with a medium board above it. "Is where all the important announcements will be located. Ok I guess you guys should head to bed is it going to be a long day tomorrow". Have a nice first day tomorrow if I don't see you tomorrow".

The first years then head to there rooms. Chris then decided to go up to his room where he shares with the other 5th years and go to bed since tomorrow will be a long day.
ImageImage

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 2,462.50
Pottermore Username: FlameShield1207

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 11th, 2015, 7:35 am

Emma and Cill at Gryffindor Tower, continued from Hallways

"The password is changed every so often," Cill replied to Emma's question. "In fact, it's gonna be a new one tomorrow. Otherwise, I wouldn't say it in front of you, would I?" She smiled and walked up to the Fat Lady, who was awake and sharing a bottle of wine with a witch from a portrait downstairs. This was a relief to Cill, as if the Fat Lady were alone and sober, she would have queried Emma being there.

"Password?" the Fat Lady asked, with a hiccup. Cill replied, "Pumpkin Leaves," and the portrait swung open to reveal the Gryffindor common room, a comfortable room full of squashy armchairs and a large fireplace. "Welcome to Gryffindor, Emma," Cill said, indicating that the other girl should follow her. "The Naga Naga is in my trunk, where I forgot to take it out for Potions class, silly me."

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » July 12th, 2015, 5:58 am

Being an eleven year old, Emma could only stick out her tongue at Cill's remark about changing the password. [/i]Pff! As if she would sneak in uninvited! Well, maybe... But still![/i] Her disgruntlement disappeared when she spotted the famous Gryffindor stairs though.

"Is it true that the girls' stairs turn into a slide when a boy tried to climb them? What about the boys' stairs?" With that, she sprinted up the first three steps of the boys' stairs. Nothing happened. Looking slightly disappointed, Emma retreated to the second stair, the first, then back to the third. Nothing.

"Well, that's rather sexist, isn't it?" she said as she joined Cill again, "As if girls can't get up to just as much mischief as boys!" Emma looked as if she took the assumption that girls behave better than boys, to be a personal insult - and possible as challenge, as well.
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 12th, 2015, 1:07 pm

"Yeah, the girls' staircase turns into a slide if boys try to climb it, and a siren goes off," Cill replied, with a giggle. "Apparently, the founders of Hogwarts thought that girls were more trustworthy than boys. We know better, right? Anyway, I won't be a minute."

Cill climbed the stairs leading to the girls' dorms. She soon found the one she was in and opened the door quietly, so as not to wake her sleeping housemates. Cill walked to her trunk and whispered "Accio Naga Naga!", thinking that the summoning charm would work better than rummaging thru it and making a noise. The Naga Naga flew out of the cluttered trunk and Cill caught it. She then gently closed the door and went down to where Emma was waiting for her.

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » July 14th, 2015, 4:43 am

In the 41 seconds that Cill had left her alone, Emma had checked behind every wall tapestry, under the rugs and in every cabinet. No secret doors. That was disappointing. By the time Cill came back, she was standing in the middle of the room - looking perfectly innocent and very obviously NOT touching anything.

"Done?" she inquired, though she didn't wait for an answer - if Cill was back, then obviously she was done.

"I hope Serena is still awake," she said as the pair stepped back into the Hallways. "Although I've heard that the Du Lacs have a terrible temper once they get going. That might be interesting to see, don't you think? Well, maybe we'll get lucky and she'll already be in bed." If Emma was aware that she'd just done a 180 in her preference for Serena being awake or not, she didn't show it.

((@ Dulcinea, I have to run soon, so won't be able to start a Hallways/Dungeons post. Can you make one for them? Feel free to take them through the Hallways, or skip that part and go straight to the Slytherin dungeon as you prefer.))
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 14th, 2015, 4:51 am

(Hallways are a bit crowded so will go straight to dungeons! XD)

"Well, we've gotten this far," Cill said. "We might as well knock on the door and try." She left the Gryffindor common room with Emma, and headed straight for the dungeons.

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 23rd, 2015, 1:06 pm

Cill yawned as she gave the password to the Fat Lady and climbed thru the portrait hole. She didn't think of doing anything else cept for heading to her dorm, and finally, to bed.

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 22.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » March 1st, 2016, 8:01 pm

Evelynn approached the door and chirped "Wattlebird!" to the Fat Lady, who swung aside. Climbing through the portrait hole, she was greeting by, well, nothing much. Instead of the usual energetic clamor, most students were either ranting over the match, or sitting in silence. Sure, there were some that really didn't care, but Evelynn didn't really notice them. She sighed and walked over to a chair, set her bag down, and pulled out her work. She set up a small pillow, and began to attempt to make it do, well... whatever it was supposed to be doing. Insted, it exploded. Eve's cheeks grew red feathers falling around her small form.

"Reparo!" a student, about third year, said, walking up behind her.

"Thanks!" Evelynn said enthusiastically.

"Welcome!" they said before walking away. Evelynn set back to her work.

((If anyone happens to come to this topic, feel free to interrupt her!))
ImageImageImage

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » March 2nd, 2016, 5:58 am

Cill entered the Gryffindor common room in a huff, throwing her Quidditch robes aside as she slumped into an armchair by the fire. She was sulking about the match, especially the rule that stated matches had to end by a certain point. To Cill's mind, this was unfair as it meant that a team could win by default, not even catching the Snitch and this match was no exception. Quidditch matches in school ought to be by the same rules as regular matches, where the match only ended if a Seeker caught the Snitch, Cill thought crossly. She looked without enthusiasm at her homework, eventually deciding that she should really do some of it, like the Transfiguration essay which was due the next day. Cill took out her books, a scroll of parchment and her quill and set reluctantly to work.

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”