Common Room: Slytherin Dungeon

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Jeanie1914
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 716.26
Pottermore Username: PotionMoon14300

Re: Common Room: Slytherin Dungeon

Postby Jeanie1914 » May 30th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Vi looked up from her notes and simply nodded as Sebastian joined them. She waited patiently as he took out his notes for him to tell them how his meeting with Steward went.

"Good." she nodded, "We were coverin Girding Potions. If you want to pick up with us."

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 2,462.50
Pottermore Username: FlameShield1207

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » July 16th, 2016, 11:46 am

Nashira got out her notes on Girding Potions to show to Vi. Around the study group, the common room was full of students either likewise studying, playing games like chess and Exploding Snap, swapping Chocolate Frog cards or simply chatting to friends.

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 49.00
Pottermore Username: Scalekey15069

Postby Julian Sebastian » August 4th, 2016, 1:30 pm

Julian finishes settling in and shuffled his notes around until he got to girding potions. "Ah, here it is!" He exclaimed as he got to it. Looking to both Vi and Nashira, he asks "Are we covering the basic potion, or one of the variants? I admit this isn't my exactly my bailiwick." He then takes out his wand, points it at his hand, and snaps his fingers. He replaces the wand into his robe pocket, and a few moments later a mug of coffee, emblazoned with the Slytherin snake, appears on the floor beside his chair. He picks it up and takes a sip.
ImageImage

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » August 4th, 2016, 4:59 pm

"Best to cover both the basics and the varients," Nashira replied. "Examiners are notoriously sneaky, and like to ask questions that will catch the unprepared out. That is why I intend to not be that person."

She got out a bag containing Honeydukes chocolates and offered them around.

Jeanie1914
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Jeanie1914 » August 5th, 2016, 9:50 pm

Vi agreed with Nashira's opinion about examiners. "It always pay to be prepared." Vi's eyes slightly widen as Julian summons a mug of something that suspiciously smelled liuke coffee. Impressive feat, that.

Switching her attention back to her friend she gladly accepted a chocolate. "Thanks girl."

"So tell us what you know of the basic Girding Potion, Julian. Better to get the firm understanding of the basics before moving on. The Cuban variant can be quite tricky."

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Julian Sebastian » August 19th, 2016, 10:46 am

Julian politely declines the chocolate offered by Nashira. He closes his notebook and tries to recall the girding potion by memory. "It's the one that gives anyone that drinks it extra endurance, which can last for several weeks. Bad idea to drink more than two small vials of it at once, though."

He pauses to take a sip of coffee, hiding his own grin as he does so, noting Vi's surprise. "It was a simple broadcasting spell to the kitchens. I have an arrangement with the elves there." He explains to both of them, before getting back on track. "Anyway, back to girding potions! Main ingredients for the basic version are fairy wings, doxy eggs, dragonfly thoraxes, and flying seahorses, I think."
ImageImage

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » August 31st, 2016, 5:04 am

"Oh, I get you," Nashira said. "Of course, it helps to be used to having house elves around the place. Not everyone is."

Nashira's family had had house elves for generations, being one of the oldest pureblood families around.

"As for girding potions, that's correct and the ingredients have to be added in the correct order, too." Nashira looked scornful. "That Gryffindor Keeper, Hunter, once added the doxy eggs first and the whole potion exploded."

Jeanie1914
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Jeanie1914 » September 3rd, 2016, 4:10 pm

"It was a simple broadcasting spell to the kitchens. I have an arrangement with the elves there."
"Oh, I get you," Nashira said. "Of course, it helps to be used to having house elves around the place. Not everyone is."

Vi gave a small smile. Her family had no house elves. Her father freeing the last two when she was born but she had very little experience with them. Nor did she know that one could make a deal or arrangement with them.

"Anyway, back to girding potions! Main ingredients for the basic version are fairy wings, doxy eggs, dragonfly thoraxes, and flying seahorses, I think."
"As for girding potions, that's correct and the ingredients have to be added in the correct order, too." Nashira looked scornful. "That Gryffindor Keeper, Hunter, once added the doxy eggs first and the whole potion exploded."

"Order of ingredients is important but it exploded? I hate to see what happens when Hunter tries to brew the Exploding Potion. We may not have a school left." Vi turned a page in her old notes. "Now, the Cuban Girding potion is very similar except for two big differences. They use powdered flying lined seahorse and the wings of the flying lined seahorse instead of fairy wings." she paused as shelooked at both Nashira and Julian. "Question for you, does that change the ingredient order, and if so, why?"

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Julian Sebastian » September 8th, 2016, 11:03 am

Julian sipped at his coffee and had to suppress a giggle at Nashira's story about Hunter. He frowned slightly at the mention of the mention of the Cuban variant of the girding potion. "I'm not familiar with that version..." He answered to Vi. "But if I had to guess, I'd say it does change the order. Potioneering is an exact science, after all."
ImageImage

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Julian Sebastian » April 27th, 2017, 1:09 pm

-the next day-

Julian emerged into the common room from the hall outside. He'd just finished his last class for the day, and didn't have anything else going on. He sat down in one of the chairs, opened his bookbag, and began organizing his notes. He wanted them all neat and ready to go for tomorrow. He was slightly distracted, though, by what he had found out earlier....
ImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”