Common Room: Hufflepuff Basement

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Re: Common Room: Hufflepuff Basement

Postby Biologist » July 22nd, 2016, 4:37 am

Angus looked relieved that no-one had been doused in vinegar. They had been just in time though.

"Good." he said, gesturing at the little bird-mug. "Glad you caught it. Julian helped, you say?" He shrugged. He knew very little of the Slytherin fourth year, other than that he could be very competitive and usually didn't mingle with other houses readily. "I guess that is very... nice of him? Or was he just showing off his superior skills?" he added a bit more darkly. Julian was exceptionally well versed in Charms and Defense against the Dark Arts. Angus was always a bit jealous when he saw Julian perform complex wand movements in class with a casual ease that he himself so sorely lacked.

"Shall we go back in?" he proposed to Tiva and Gwen. "I am going to try and put your advice to use. Maybe I'll drop by the library to get a book on wands..."
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » July 22nd, 2016, 10:32 am

"Good. Glad you caught it. Julian helped, you say?"

Tiva nodded but frowned slightly wondering if she should tell them about his almost blackmail to keep him and Nashira out of trouble. That hadn't been so helpful but he had been trying to protect his date, and wouldn't have Thalle done the same?

"I guess that is very ... nice of him? Or was he just showing off his superior skills?"

Tiva blinked, surprised at Angus dark tones. Apparently they weren't friends. She briefly wondered if it was due solely on House rivalry or if Angus knew something she didn't about Julian before realizing that he did have that Slytherin air of superiority. That alone could aggravate anyone. Concluding that had to be it as Angus's invitated her and Gwen back into his common room.

"Yes," looking down at the blue bird, she sighed. "I need to cancel this charm and we have studying that's needs to be done. Right, Gwen?"

"I am going to try and put your advice to use. Maybe I'll drop by the library to get a book on wands..."

Tiva smiled. "Hope it helps you. Looking into wandlore and wand care I mean.".
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 202.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » July 26th, 2016, 11:38 pm

"I need to cancel this charm and we have studying that's needs to be done. Right, Gwen?"

Gwen nodded. "There's a test tomorrow. It's important."

"I am going to try and put your advice to use. Maybe I'll drop by the library to get a book on wands..."

Gwen glanced in Angus' direction. "Is it open again? The library, I mean. There's a book I need to look for, I think." She was also pretty sure that she'd forgotten to do something else, but she wasn't sure what it was.

Caronis Tarrenarm
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 154.00

Postby Caronis Tarrenarm » May 31st, 2017, 5:18 am

Entering the Common Room after the Welcoming Feast, Samara grinned excitedly at her friends, Jess and Marley. She was dying to show them she'd been trying to achieve for years.

"Check this out, girls!" Within seconds, where Samara had been standing, there was now a ginger tabby cat. The entrance to the Common Room opened again and Marin came crawling in through the tunnel. Samara reverted back to human form.

"Wow, Samara, you're finally an Animagus!"

"Yeah. The training's difficult, though. At least I had some help from my brother and sisters."

"Your siblings are Animagi, too?"

"Annette's a raven, Vaughn's a wolf and Hannah's a doe."

As the girls got themselves ready for bed, Samara thought of all she'd had to do to finally become an Animagus and it made her feel quite proud of herself.

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,463.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » November 7th, 2017, 10:16 am

Tavish sat down at the table near the fireplace to start his homework. He always did his homework right after classes, so that he wouldn't have to do too much at the weekend. With all his extra-curriculars he had pretty much work to do but he liked it that way. Today he had to write an essay on DADA. He hadn't done well in class but as it was only November he didn't bother that much. The year was long enough to make up for a few bad marks.

"Awright Mowgli!" He said when Cameron's black cat jumped on the table. "Come on, ye aren't supposed to be on the table. Get down! Ahm trying to do my homework." But Mowgli didn't care, miaowed and lay down on Tavish's parchment.

"Oh, ye must be kiddin' me!" Tavish took the cat and put it back to the floor. "Stay there!"

"Sorry. Did he jump on the table again?" Cameron looked up from his book.

"Yer cat is drivin' me insane." Tavish replied.

"You're doing it again." Cameron said.

"What do you mean?" Tavish asked.

"That's a lot better. You've been using your 'lingo' again. Or let's say you've been speaking with the Scottish accent. You know I barely understand a word you're saying if you speak with your accent." Cameron grinned. "And you promised me you wouldn't do that."

"I'm sorry, pal. I'm working on it and you know that it's been far worse before. I think I've improved." Tavish said. Suddenly Finley, Tavish's Bengal cat, jumped onto his lap and lay down. "Hey Finley. Good to see you." Tavish ruffled his cat's fur. "Do you want to help me with DADA?"

"Do you mean me or your cat?" Cameron asked.

"I mean you, of course." Tavish replied.

"Well, I'm as good at DADA as you are, so I'm afraid I can't help you that much. But let's work on this together. I've got to write this essay too and I should get some homework done before Quidditch practice."

"Thanks, Cam." Tavish smiled. Cameron got his bag and they started doing their homework.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,463.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » December 5th, 2018, 8:34 am

[CONT'D from Kitchen in Hogwarts:Castle]

November 22nd - afternoon - Tavish and Iris

Tavish tapped the barrels in front of the common room's entrance and entered the room.

"Welcome to our common room. Sadly, the sun isn't shining right now but when it does, it shines through the windows and then it is even more comfortable than it is right now. Can you see this crystal ball over there? It is mine. It's not meant for Divination. I've placed it there to catch the sun light when it shines through the windows and then it seems as if the light is dancing. It looks so beautiful." Tavish smiled happily.

"Awright, Finley?" He said to his cat when it came towards him and then turned to Iris. "That's Finley. He is a very funny cat and very playful. Hey, Finley, wait!" Finley was running towards something that was crawling on the floor. Tavish followed him to check what it was.

"Oh no, these are Cam's ants. They must have escaped. Don't eat them, Finley! Engorgio!" Tavish pointed his wand at an ant and the ant grew a little till it was the size of a rat.

"I wanted it to be bigger..."

Finley seemed to like that the ant was now easier to catch and played with it.

"Hm, I guess letting him play with one ant is better than letting him step on or eat the lot. Anyways, maybe I can distract him with some food." Tavish said. "Look at that Finley, I've brought you something even more delicious than an ant. Come on, boy. Here we go."

Finley let go of the ants and started eating the meal the house elves had made him.

"So sorry for the mess. I have no clue what to do about the ants but Cam should be back soon. It seems to be his smaller ant colony as there aren't that many ants. Would you help me to catch them in a bottle or something, so that Cam can put them back in his box?"
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 8.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » December 5th, 2018, 2:50 pm

WolfMoon wrote:"Welcome to our common room. Sadly, the sun isn't shining right now but when it does, it shines through the windows and then it is even more comfortable than it is right now. Can you see this crystal ball over there? It is mine. It's not meant for Divination. I've placed it there to catch the sun light when it shines through the windows and then it seems as if the light is dancing. It looks so beautiful." Tavish smiled happily.

Iris looked around the common room. Her sister had a penchant for other houses common rooms, but Iris had only visited the Gryffindor common room where he sister stayed. The Hufflepuff common room was cozy. Iris wished the sun was indeed shining, so she could see what Tavish was talking about.

WolfMoon wrote:"Awright, Finley?"...

..."I wanted it to be bigger..."

Iris thought the ant was big enough and eyed it warily.Finely soon abandoned it, the cat sure was adorable. Where had the ants came from?

WolfMoon wrote:"So sorry for the mess. I have no clue what to do about the ants but Cam should be back soon. It seems to be his smaller ant colony as there aren't that many ants. Would you help me to catch them in a bottle or something, so that Cam can put them back in his box?"[/color]

"I can try?" Iris said, glancing down at the floor for the ants. "How would you catch ants..." She looked around the room for something to help them. Her eyes landed on the table, the cookies! She took one out of the basket. "Ants like sweet things right? Maybe if they come to the cookie we can scoop them all up?"

She stepped away from Finley and set the cookie on the floor, being careful to avoid the ants.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”