Common Room: Hufflepuff Basement

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Re: Common Room: Hufflepuff Basement

Postby Little_Tee » February 9th, 2016, 11:22 pm

November 2nd, after the Quidditch Match

Thalle held open the barrel lid that led to his Common Room as he waited for his sister and the rest to crawl through the barrel shaped entranceway. Finding himself silently amused when Tiva discovered the hidden slide with a yelp of surprise and nosily slid down head first into the small pool of pillows below.

"Yeah, forgot to mention there's a slide. Might need to watch out for that." he explained to Gwen as he fought to keep from laughing as his sister called him a 'low down sneaky badger' from where she lay, partially covered in a myriad of black and yellow pillows.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 202.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » February 10th, 2016, 9:11 am

Gwen stood on her tiptoes so that she could get a better look down into the entrance. She didn't particularly like the idea of following her housemate down there that way, though she supposed that the pillows would ensure that it wasn't a painful trip. "Are you alright, Tiva?" she asked.

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student

Postby Little_Tee » February 25th, 2016, 1:05 am

Tiva huffed a lock of hair that had fallen lose from its hold as she untangled herself from the pillows.

"Are you alright, Tiva?"

She turned and looked back up the slide to where Gwen still stood just at the lip of the entrance-way. She could barely make out the form of her brother's back and arm. Sneaky badger.

"I'm okay. Just surprised." she finally answered after sending a glare to her brother's back. "You might want to go down feet first though."

---===---

Olivia came to a stop just as she turned the corner onto the corridor that led to her common room. Thalle, MacInnish and others were standing around by the entrance barrel. As she approached she heard the Ravenclaw's question and Thalle's sister's reply.

"Thalle," she sighed really not wanting to deal with his apparent playful and juvenile mood at the moment. Without further word she tapped her wand in a simple pattern while muttering a simple charm that transform the slide into stairs. "just because you like sliding down doesn't mean others, especially visitors, will like it. Really."

Shaking her head she descended the stairs first, nodding to Tiva as she passed by on her way to her dorm room.

Thalle frowned but kept mute as Olivia came and left. It wasn't that he overly enjoyed sliding down into his Common Room, it was just that he always forgot about the special trick of turning it back into stairs. It was different leaving. The enchanted copper leaver was always handy and would automatically divide the slide in two: one side being steps while the other was still a slide.

"Sorry Tiva," he automatically said as he joined Tiva at the bottom.

"It's okay. I should have expected it." Tiva rolled her eyes as she picked up her book bag from where it had fallen away from her on her sudden decent downwards. Thankfully it was not torn or damaged. "now, know any good study spots?"

"That's the closest we got to a study area. Help yourselves." Thalle pointed to a small niche in the corner where a huge patchwork quilt hung and three overstuffed sofas sat bordering two big, old barrels turned coffee tables stood amidst a sea of floor pillows. Everything was in Hufflepuff colors, save a few odds and ends that were in warm earth tones and hues.

"I got to get ready for the party. Good luck with your studies." he waved to his sister and Gwen before leaving for his room.

Tiva shrugged and deposited her book bag by one of the coffee tables and took a seat on one of the pillows by it. Taking out her text and notebook she motioned for Gwen to join her. "Where do you want to begin?"

((Thalle will probably be going to the victory party over at Ravenclaw Tower in the next post or two. Just fyi.))
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter

Postby Sage » February 25th, 2016, 3:22 pm

Gwen joined Tiva at the bottom of the slide. She found the slide less than enjoyable, but chose to keep that to herself. Pulling her notebook out, she grabbed both her Ancient Runes book and the borrowed Arithmancy text. "I know that we need to study for the test in Ancient Runes, but I'm really behind in Arithmancy too." It wasn't the only class she knew she was behind in. Whoever had decided that transferring magic schools in third year was a good idea, had been sorely mistaken.

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » February 25th, 2016, 4:02 pm

Angus gave Thalle a look and shrugged. "Who doesn't like slides?" he seemed to be saying as he took the slide down to his common room.

As the girls took out their books to study, Angus got a large kettle of tea on one of many small portable magical stoves and set it down in front of them, together with a few mugs from obvious different tea sets.

"More tea." he announced. "Earl Grey with a hint of lemon, please." he said to the kettle, as he tapped the lid with his oak wand. "Let's hope I got it right this time." he said seriously.

"Get settled in. I'll get my stuff as well." and he disappeared through an archway leading to the dormitories.

As Gwen and Tiva settled in, another girl entered by the stairs. She made her way to the kettles as well, when she noticed the Ravenclaws. She pushed her glasses on her nose and hesitantly made her way towards the girls. "Congratulations." she said, her grey eyes seemed to look at a point slightly above their forehead. "It was rather cold, wouldn't you agree? It took so long! And I had forgotten to pack some lunch too! If it hadn't been for the six hour rule, I would have either frozen or starved to death. Are you going to be studying here?" She awkwardly started a conversation while plucking some hair and dust from her house's couch and guests.

"Oh hi, Thalle. Is this your sister?" the fourth year girl asked Thalle. He recognised her from his year as Priscilla Mudbanks. Apparently, she was trying to be social with their guests.
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter

Postby Sage » February 25th, 2016, 4:10 pm

"Thank you," Gwen said, taking one of the cups of tea and sipping cautiously from burning herself. It was what Angus had said and she sighed with her pleasure. Of all Europe's traditions, she was certain that this one was her favorite. Glancing at the girl she didn't know who was chattering almost non stop, she hoped that she wouldn't be interfering with their chance to study. She nodded slowly. "It'll be too loud to study upstairs with the party going on in our common room."

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student

Postby Little_Tee » February 28th, 2016, 12:10 am

"I know that we need to study for the test in Ancient Runes, but I'm really behind in Arithmancy too."

"That's no problem girl. Maybe we can get Thalle to help when he gets back from partying. Since I don't take Arithmancy. Hey Thalle!" Tiva called to her brother, who stopped at the doorway to the guy's side of the dorms and turned around to see what his sister wanted. "could you come here a second? Please?"

"More tea. Earl Grey with a hint of lemon, please." he said to the kettle, as he tapped the lid with his oak wand. "Let's hope I got it right this time." he said seriously.

Tiva blinked and accepted a cup. "Aww, thanks Angus," she cautiously took a sip and smiled, "its perfect."

"Get settled in. I'll get my stuff as well."

"Oh? Okay."

Thalle made it back to the study area just before Priscilla Mudbanks apprehended. "Yeah? What is it Tiva?"

"Would you mind helping us with Arithmancy after your date? Since you are a wiz at it and all."

"Sure, but I thought--"

"Congratulations. It was rather cold, wouldn't you agree? It took so long! And I had forgotten to pack some lunch too! If it hadn't been for the six hour rule, I would have either frozen or starved to death. Are you going to be studying here?"

"Hi Priscilla thanks and yes it was." Tiva smiled.

. "It'll be too loud to study upstairs with the party going on in our common room."

"Oh hi, Thalle. Is this your sister?"

"Hey Priscilla. Yeah this is Tiva and that's Gwen," he pointed to Gwen, "Ravenclaw refugees. "

Tiva nodded. "Yep. We 'Claws can be rather loud when celebrating our victories. . . We are going over Ancient Runes and Aritmancy. If you wanna join?"
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » March 1st, 2016, 3:54 pm

"It'll be too loud to study upstairs with the party going on in our common room."

The Hufflepuff got the hint and started to apologize for bothering her when Tiva invited her.

"Yep. We 'Claws can be rather loud when celebrating our victories. . . We are going over Ancient Runes and Aritmancy. If you wanna join?"

She smiled meekly. "I would love to study. I'll get my books." And in but a moment the girl returned with a thick book on astronomy. She sat herself down on one of the couches in a position mirroring Tiva's and started reading.

Not much later, Angus came back from the dormitories with an old coffee mug and a bottle of water. He hesitated a moment when he saw Priscilla, but when he realised she had been invited, he grudgingly sat down as well and poured himself a cup of tea. But not in the coffee mug.

He set the mug down on the table, holding the waterbottle nearby, and started to stare intently at the mug in silence...
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter

Postby Sage » March 13th, 2016, 8:59 pm

Gwen opened her Ancient Runes book and was reading when Priscilla returned with her own homework. She glanced at Angus when he sat down but was going to try to continue studying until she realized that he was staring at his coffee mug. Gwen wanted to ignore that too, but she found the glare slightly disconcerting. "What are you staring at that mug for?" she asked after another moment. She wasn't sure that it was really any of her business why he was doing it, but she was also trying to convince herself that she was here to study and learn and pass her classes.

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student

Postby Little_Tee » March 20th, 2016, 7:51 am

Tiva blinked at the speed of which Priscilla got her things. She secretly wished she could move that fast without losing breath while she forced herself to focus on her text and notes before her while compelling a list of possible questions.

She heard more than saw Angus's return and had just finished penning her third practice question when Gwen asked her question:

"What are you staring at that mug for?"

Tiva looked up and pressed her lips into a thin line when she saw an empty mug in front of Angus as he held a water bottle. What was the matter? Then a small tendril of dread began to manifest itself. Had something happen to his parents? Or family? The memories of those scary headlines and rumours about disappearing muggleborns slowly floating back to her as she pushed her own memories of family lost down and away.

"Is everything alright?" she asked hesitantly, softly.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”