Class: Charms

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,461.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Re: Class: Charms

Postby WolfMoon » March 2nd, 2017, 5:17 am

Jacy returned Evelynn's look and shrugged too. She hated not knowing the answer. It was a bad feeling. But it seemed as if nobody of the class knew. The silence seemed to be endless. The first-years started to feel uncomfortable.

"Come on, you know the answer. Anyone?" Professor Noguerra asked.

Suddenly a Slytherin girl raised her hand. Gwynevere Victoria Leroi knew the answer but she just preferred to stay in the background and had hoped that someone else would answer.

"Yes, please, Miss Leroi."

"The Wand-Lighting Charm is Lumos." She said.

"You're right." Professor Noguerra replied. Still, he didn't want to grant any points today. It had taken them far too long to answer his question. He was a little disappointed. They had to work harder to deserve rewards.
"Alright, look at me. I'll show you how to perform it." the professor said and waved his wand, saying the incantation. His wand's tip lit up. "Your task is to practise this charm now. Start with the wand movements. Then continue with the incantation and as soon as you think you can do it, do both, waving your wand and saying the incantation."

Gwynevere started practising straight away. She wanted to do well in Charms, so practising was important.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 6.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » March 8th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Evelynn set to work, trying to light the end of her wand, not to much success.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » March 17th, 2017, 6:18 am

Jacy tried her utmost to perform well during class but she wasn't as good as she had been during her first Charms lesson. Perhaps reading in advance was indeed essential after all. She had hoped that she had a natural talent for performing spells but she realised that one couldn't make something out of nothing. For subjects like Charms, Transfiguration or DADA you needed knowledge and talent.

She took a break to read the chapter about the Wand-Lighting Charm. She had to practise more in her freetime. Jacy watched the others to see how they were performing. Evelynn seemed to experience the same difficulties.

"Hey, um, do you have a minute?" Jacy whispered to her. "I have just had an idea. I think I know something or someone who might help us to perform a lot better at classes that have something to do with wand waving. Are you interested?"
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » March 19th, 2017, 10:20 pm

"I'm interested in anything that will help me in class. In case you haven't noticed I'm kind of awful..." she whispered back. Evelynn had been diligently trying to light her wand for the past few minutes, and wasn't getting any results. "What you have in mind?" she questioned curiously.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » March 23rd, 2017, 11:15 am

"Well, okay, at first you have to promise that even if you don't want to join, you have to keep it a secret." Jacy whispered. Then she looked around inconspiciously as if watching how the others did in class. Instead of waiting for Eve's answer she turned to the Gryffindor again and continued. "Some people have founded a secret club. They want to take a stand against the threat Grindelwald poses and they are planning to practise spells to learn to defend themselves and perhaps even to defeat Grindelwald and his supporters. They haven't started yet but I think they soon will. I happen to be a member of that club, so I have the right to invite people. So, um, this is your invitation. Please remember it's a secret club and we want it to stay a secret. If the wrong people find out about it, we are in big trouble."
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » March 23rd, 2017, 9:34 pm

"I'm good at keeping secrets, I never told anyone that Iris has... See! I caught myself!" she smiled. Evelynn really wasn't that great of a secret keeper. She was horrible at not letting people know she had one, but however was actually halfway decent at keeping the actual secret. However, she suspected she could keep this one. "I'm in." she grinned.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » March 24th, 2017, 3:52 pm

"Liam has found a place that we can use to practise. Would you mind if I came to your common room with you after classes? Then I'll show you if I find it." Jacy whispered. "I can't wait anymore. I finally want to start practising."
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » March 24th, 2017, 7:44 pm

"No I wouldn't mind at all!" Evelynn said. "I'll show you the way when class ends."
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » March 28th, 2017, 7:05 am

"Great." Jacy said happily. "It's going to be amazing."

She turned her attention back to the book, continuing to read the chapter about the spell. She had trouble concentrating at it though because she was too excited.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » March 29th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Evelynn kept diligently trying to do the spell. If she was going to join a dueling club she should probably get better at magic...

((Anything else in this class or do you want to move on?))
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”