Class: Flying & Hogwarts: Quidditch Pitch

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 202.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Re: Class: Flying & Hogwarts: Quidditch Pitch

Postby Sage » November 30th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Gwen's eyes widened at the sandwiches. "I'd love a pickle mustard sandwich." It was normal American food which she had missed a lot. It brought back happier memories of being a kid and going on picnics. Not that any of them had occurred in the winter or when it was cold outside. "I don't suppose they might have mayonnaise on them too?" Those kind were her favorite, but she wouldn't mind so much if they didn't, she was just hungry. The tea on the other hand, she was going to do without. "I'll pass on the tea," she added.

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,454.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » December 3rd, 2015, 6:37 am

"Okay, let's see if I manage to get it right this time. My mum used it once. It isn't a spell that is in our books, so I guess it is advanced magic." Liam couldn't explain why he was talking so much instead of trying it right away. Maybe he wanted them not to expect too much. He had never managed to perform it perfectly. It was supposed to be a bright and big flame that produced a lot of heat. "Okay, I'm ready." He actually never got the first part right as he didn't know his mother's words but the last bit was the most important to create a flame. The first just formed it perfectly. He whispered the words of which he thought that they were correct. Then he came to the last part: "... inflammo!" He had the same result as last time. It was a weak flame that produced just enough warmth to keep one warm if one put his or her hands close enough. "I promise, I'll practice this spell for the next time. Then it'll be better. This one won't last longer than two hours, I'm afraid."
ImageImageImage

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » December 3rd, 2015, 11:34 am

"Aye, of course they have mayo on them. Wouldn't be a proper sandwich otherwise, would it?" he answered Gwen and passed her a rather large paper with a sizeable sandwich in it.
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 1.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » December 3rd, 2015, 4:14 pm

Iris looked over at the guy near her, Liam? He had made a small flame in the empty thermos. It wouldn't help much...

"That a neat spell!" Iris said,"A little weak though... Sorry." Hope fully he wasn't offended by that. She cringed internally, social skills, 0! "Do you think that a fire work could be contained in that jar? If so I might be able to make that flame a little larger or warmer. If not, I don't think I should attempt it... It might blow up in my, or your, or everyone's faces... What do you think?" She'd never attempted it before but it might help, and it was FREEZING. She wrapped her scarf tighter around her face.
Last edited by Alien Iris on December 7th, 2015, 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 202.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » December 4th, 2015, 9:35 pm

"Of course it wouldn't be a proper sandwich without mayo. But I had to ask." On occasion, Gwen found the habits of the people here strange. But she found that she liked the idea that her idea of a proper sandwich was the same as someone else's. Grinning, she chowed down on the sandwich, enjoying each bite more than she thought she could. "Thanks! This sandwich is delicious!"

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » December 6th, 2015, 5:56 pm

"Now, this here is no magic, but it keeps warm none the less. Tea anyone? I only have three cups, though."

Tiva switched her attention from the players zooming past on broom-back to Angus.

"Oh, I would love some tea. Thank you." smiling she accepted one of the offered cups and gratefully sipped on the warm, strong drink. Good tea, like Earl Grey, was always a blessing and balm to the soul.

Feeling renewed warmth she contemplated accepting a sandwich from Angus as well. She loved ham and cheese with pickles, mustard and mayo: although, truthfully she should skip the latter to save fat and calories: and watching Gwen blissfully 'chow down' on her's just added to the temptation. But, in the end she decided against asking for one.

"I'll take one MacInnish," Thalle stated as he took one of the sandwiches. "Thanks."

Without word he broke the sandwich in half and give one end to his sister. Just as she was about to voice her refusal Thalle quickly added, "It's almost or pass lunch time. I'm sure you have more than enough room in your diet for a half of sandwich. Even if it does have mayo."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » December 7th, 2015, 11:10 am

"Well, I'm not that good at this spell. I think I got one part of it wrong. But I'll ask my mum and next time it'll work." he said to Iris. "You can't do worse than I did. I know one spell to make it bigger too but the first time I tried it, I didn't manage to control the flame. But why don't you give it a try. If it doesn't work we still can use another spell I know to put it out." This time he knew he had failed but otherwise he would have been quite upset to hear someone criticise him.

Jacy smiled at Iris as if to convince her that she would do well. It was cold and Jacy welcomed any idea to make it warmer.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 1.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » December 8th, 2015, 8:37 pm

"Okay then, here it goes," Iris took a deep-breath and pointed her wand towards the thermos opening. "Periculaxclawemin" A miniature eagle flew out of the tip of her wand, circled in the air, and flew straight in. A few small explosions were set off, but when they were finished, the flame had turned blue and tripled in size and heat. Iris breathed a sigh of relief. Phew! Nothing extremely bad had happened, and now there was some heat. "That worked better than I thought it would! I guess it was just making the spell stronger, I think if the original flame hadn't been there there would have been a different result."

Evelynn dove back into her bag and pulled out a thermos of not chocolate victoriously. "Yay!" she exclaimed. She took a sip, careful not to burn her tongue. The chocolatly taste spread down to her toes. "Does anyone else want some? I have another. Sorry, I forgot about them till now." The heat comming of of the drink was warming her fingertips, which were previously freezing cold.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » December 20th, 2015, 7:19 am

"Thanks. This spell... I've never heard anything about it. Where did you learn it?" Liam asked. "Now we should be able to stay warm till the game's over. Gryffindor will win, I'm sure. Eagles shouldn't fly with a broomstick. And as you don't have real wings, you better stay on the ground." he grinned. He couldn't come up with a better argument to tease the Ravenclaws. "COME ON, CILL. COME ON, LIONS! We have to win!"
ImageImageImage

Dulcinea Wilkes
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 2,462.50
Pottermore Username: FlameShield1207

Postby Dulcinea Wilkes » December 20th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Cill shivered as she guarded the goalposts. She had saved several goals already; this was going to be a long match. Suddenly, simultaneously, a Bludger and the Quaffle came roaring towards her. She grabbed at the Quaffle, rolling perilously over in mid-air to avoid the Bludger. It just missed her head, saving her a knock out blow, but grazed Cill's shoulder. Righting herself, she glared at the player responsible. The Quidditch referee, Jackson Emms, awarded Gryffindor a penalty; one of the few rules of Quidditch was that the Keeper was not to be attacked inside the goal area.

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”