Class: Flying & Hogwarts: Quidditch Pitch

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 237.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Re: Class: Flying & Hogwarts: Quidditch Pitch

Postby Sage » November 17th, 2015, 11:33 am

Gwen looked up at Thalle. "Thanks!" she exclaimed, taking the offered throw. It was warm. "It's a warming charm, right? Could you teach it to me sometime?" She was sure it would be useful, since it wasn't even winter yet.

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 22.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » November 18th, 2015, 5:22 pm

Evelynn beamed out at the crowd, at no one in particular. She loved Quidditch! Even better, Iris had attended for once. It had literally taken over a week for Evelyn to finally convince her to come. Now she could say "I told you so!" In the back of her mind she was mentally making plans for what she would do for a dorm party. If Ravenclaw won, she would tag along with Iris and attempt to make her socialize. If Gryffindor won, the outcome she was hoping for, she would just go back to the dorms. She finished thinking, and resumed cheering whenever Gryffindor was mentioned. Her throat was getting sore... She wondered if anyone had cough drops...

(Iris, well, did nothing, not sure if I have to post for both characters, can someone tell me?)
ImageImageImage

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » November 19th, 2015, 7:36 pm

"Thanks! It's a warming charm, right? Could you teach it to me sometime?"

Thalle frowned. "It is a warming charm, but my mum wove it and enchanted it... I don't know what spell she used. Sorry?"

The only charms he remembered that were warm or cause something to be warm was temporary or similar to a muggle blow-dyer. Or, cause its target to catch on fire. Something he was sure Gwen did not need.

"I can ask my father though," he added after a beat. "he might know it. Then I could teach it to you."

((Hey Iris, I don't think you have to post for your second character if they did nothing or continued doing what they last were doing. I think... Whispers or Biologist should be able to answer that better though.))
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » November 22nd, 2015, 10:37 am

As the match progressed, Gwen wasn't the only one in need of a warming spell. The day turned progressively chillier as the game went on - and on. It was clear that this one would be close, as four hours into the match Ravenclaw had scored 70 points and Gryffindor 80, while neither had gotten a good chance at the snitch yet. Serena felt a measure of relief that Hogwarts restricted matches to six hours, as students *did* need to get on with their homework at some point, then a pang of dismay when she realized that was still two hours away. At home as she felt in the icy waters of Lake Black, she was freezing on the Slytherin stand. Looking around at the rest of the audience, she saw that she wasn't the only one. She was about to ask Damien for a warming spell - Serena was rubbish at spells that called on the properties of fire - when Gryffindor scored again, taking the score up to 70 : 90. It wasn't that the Keepers were bad today, but the Chasers were just incredibly on their game. As the Gryffindor stand - plus Evelynn and Damien in the Slytherin stand - roared to their feet, Serena contemplated that at least the match was very exciting to watch.

Emma was on her feet too, cheering (or shouting, depending on how the match went) on team Ravenclaw. By now her treats were long gone: she hadn't anticipated a four hour match, and she'd been generous passing the bags of sugary snacks around. She kept faith in the team though - they'd been playing really well, even if Gryffindor had so far played a little better. Still, the goal count was close and Ravenclaw's Seeker might get the snitch. Either way, both teams would have a leg up in the total point count that would determine the winner in case of a tie in the finales. Reaching into her bag, she took a swig of strawberry tea. It was the last of her stash still available, but the weight of the flask revealed that it was fast running empty.

"Does anyone have anything left to snack?" A mild tone of pity crept into her voice. To hear Emma speak, they were all at risk of starvation. Well, she *did* love sugar and tea.
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » November 22nd, 2015, 1:37 pm

Evelynn loved Quidditch even more now! Sure, the match was four hours gone but whatever! She suddenly remembered the Muggle hand warmers she had kept in her bag. THey activated by air and would keep her hands warm. She reached into her bag and torn open a package of two, putting one in each pocket. Ahh... Warmth.

For the fisrt three hours Iris had kept her eyes open, but now she was ready to give up. Four hours? She hadn't bargained on that! She gave in and sailed off to the shores of sleep, hopeing that the crowd would be loud enough to wake her when the match was over. Iris was planning to go walk back with Evelynn, just in case something went wrong.
Last edited by Alien Iris on November 28th, 2015, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 237.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » November 23rd, 2015, 10:53 pm

Gwen was growing impatient. The throw was warm, but she could tell that the heat wasn't going to last much longer. She'd never been an avid fan of Quidditch and couldn't remember why she'd subjected herself to watching the match. She opened the book she'd brought with her to the pitch and chewed the last of her peanuts slowly, resigned to the fact that she could very well be stuck out there for two more hours.

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » November 26th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Angus was blissfully unaware of Tiva's inner turmoil. Instead he was focused on the match. He was born and raised in Scotland and was used to the cold, as he had always been an outdoors kind of child. He used to go to rugby matches with his mum and dad, and they would have a large bag full of tea and food. Especially in winter months. Quidditch made him think back to those happy times - and he had anticipated a long match, so he had come prepared.

From a rather large shoulderbag, he produced four thermos flasks and three cups. In his thick scottish accent he said as he held aloft one of the thermos flasks: "Now, this here is no magic, but it keeps warm none the less. Tea anyone? I only have three cups, though."

He screwed the stopper off the thermos he was holding and the smell of hot earl grey tea wafted across the section of the stands where they had gathered. He poured the tea into one of the cups and the liquid steamed in the cold air, promising a source of warmth for cold fingers. He held out the cup for whom would take it.

Vivian looked at him with a curious look and without asking, put her hand in the shoulder bag and pulled out a large pack of sandwiches. "Were you going to share these as well, McInnish?"

Whether he was annoyed, he didn't show. He gave her a deadpan look. "I don't know if anyone likes ham and cheese sandwiches with pickles and mustard. But since you are so obviously starving, go ahead. Take one. If you dare. Just remember, I warned you about the mustard." Then he looked around at the rest. "Anyone else want a sandwich?"
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,435.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » November 28th, 2015, 1:28 am

Liam cheered and shouted to support Gryffindor. They would win, he knew it. He looked at Emma. There was nothing left of her snacks and her tea was almost empty too. This game seemed to last forever and it was getting colder and colder. If they had nothing to eat... well, that was one problem, but a bigger problem was the temperature. If the game went on for two more hours, everyone would have to go to the hospital wing due to a lower body temperature and a horrible cold that they would probably have.
"I have no snacks I'm afraid but I could try to do something against freezing to death. I know a spell to create a small fire. Does anyone have an empty glass or a bottle? I could put it in there and then we don't have to worry that it might get out of control."
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » November 28th, 2015, 10:49 am

Iris stirred in her sleep. She was in an empty room with a bunch of books. Her dream self shrugged and began to read, the the most peculiar thing happened. Peeves floated down from the ceiling and said...

Does anyone have a empty glass or bottle?

Huh? Iris thought that was odd. Then thermoses of strawberry tea rushed into the room and knocked over all of the bookshelves. One of them landed on her.

"Ah!" Iris started and woke up. "Never fall asleep in a Quiditch game," she whisper scolded herself. Brr.. it was sure cold... Iris wondered if fireworks were warm... Probably, but they would most likely kill her if she touched one... She then began to search her bag. Hopefully Evelynn had stuffed something in there...
ImageImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » November 29th, 2015, 3:36 am

"I do!" Emma exclaimed, before chugging down her tea and handing the empty cup to Liam. A fire spell seemed like a great idea in the cold. Although... the bleachers were completely packed, and Hogwarts had never even heard of fire drills or even fire safety. "Are you sure that's safe?" she asked. Just then, Greyie Blood scored from far across the field. Emma rose to her feet to cheer: 80-90! One more goal and they were tied again.
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”