Hogwarts: Great Hall

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 4.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Re: Hogwarts: Great Hall

Postby Alien Iris » December 13th, 2016, 12:39 pm

"Ooh! ME!" Evelynn exclaimed, just catching Liam's last sentence. "I want your bacon!"

Iris laughed. "Don't eat too much. You'll make yourself sick."

"Whatever mom."

"Someones gotta tell you." Iris picked up her crosswords.

Evelynn stuck out her tongue playfully.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,442.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » December 14th, 2016, 10:23 am

"Here it is." Liam said, giving the bacon to Emma.

"Oh, hi Iris. How are you? Any news?" Liam said with a welcoming smile.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » December 14th, 2016, 12:53 pm

While Eveylnn was grabbing the bacon, Iris opened the small envelope by the crosswords and skimmed the letter enclosed.

"I'm fine, Dad's not so good, old football injury again. And Mom's seeing things in the woods again... Paranoid as ever."

"MHm oh?" Evelynn tried to say through a mouthful of bacon.

"Yeah, she's fine. You know Mom." she said, turning to Evelynn.

"Besides that, I haven't heard much.You?" She asked Liam.
ImageImageImage

Julian Sebastian
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 49.00
Pottermore Username: Scalekey15069

Postby Julian Sebastian » December 14th, 2016, 5:01 pm

"What is it?"

"This." Is all he replied, as he handed the paper to Nashira. She saw the following: Image

"The conservatives now have a majority in the magical congress. Party leader Armond Caswell will be sworn in as president later. Dad will be thrilled, he's certainly financed enough of the conservatives' election campaigns." Julian explained.
ImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » December 16th, 2016, 4:37 pm

"Well, there's nothing special to be honest. I didn't get any news... Neither yesterday nor today. Looks like my family has forgotten me... again... but with the current threat out there, I can forgive them, I guess." Liam said. He was a little worried that something was wrong but maybe it was only that old owl that had got lost again.

Wouldn't be the first time, Liam thought. It'll find it's way to Hogwarts sooner or later.

"Anyway," he added as Iris' answer was not what he had hoped for "what did these two want from you?"

Jacy couldn't wait any longer. Liam was clearly chatting with Cill and Evelynn, and even Iris, a Ravenclaw, was over there at the Gryffindor table. Ignoring the fact that she might be seen, she went over to Evelynn. She was her friend after all, so she had a reason to be there, right? "Hi, how are you?" she asked her fellow first-year. "I felt a little lonely at the eagles' table." She tried to smile innocently. "Hey lads." she greeted the other three.

Liam was not pleased that Jacy joined them as he thought that some people might draw wrong conclusions. Still, he managed a smile before turning his attention back to Iris.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » December 16th, 2016, 4:58 pm

"Oh, hi Jacy! I'm great!" Evelynn replied, "Worried for Charms though... I can't seem to get the spell quite right. You have any pointers?"

As Jacy came over Iris replied to Liam, "Oh, Julian almost knocked my chair over. I'm not quite sure why he continued to talk to me, considering well, you know..." She tilted her head slightly at Evelynn who was worrying about Charms. "Nashira didn't talk much, they left just after she got there. Glad they did too, made me a bit nervous."
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » December 17th, 2016, 5:42 pm

"I have tried it many times. The wand movements are quite simple but it depends on how you stress the syllables. It's Wing-GAR-dee-um Levi-O-sa, I would say. Well, at least it worked for me. Why don't you try it with your cup? I can shield you, so that none of the teachers can see it." Jacy offered.

"Yeah, they're pretty good at making someone nervous." Liam said to Iris. "Whenever they show up, they somehow make you feel guilty even though you haven't done anything wrong. I don't like them that much. These two think the way my father did... Well, anyway, back to more pleasant things. I can't wait for the next CoMC lesson. The Nifflers are pretty cool. I really want to have one. And after Care of Magical Creatures I have two lovely lessons during which I can catch up on some sleep. This day's gonna be so much fun."
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » December 18th, 2016, 4:56 pm

"That'd be great. Thanks for the help!" Evelynn waited for Jacy to shield her before pointing her wand at her cup and very confidently saying, "WI-ng-gar-DEE-um LEV-isoa" Unsurprisingly, nothing happened.

"I haven't seen the Nifflers yet, but I've read quite a bit about them. I've got Care of Magical Creatures tomorrow. Probably going to go read after breakfast unless something else comes up. After that I've got DADA, Charms,and Arithmancy. Pretty uneventful day overall. I should probably head back to my seat before breakfast ends. See you!" With that, Iris walked back to her table.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » December 22nd, 2016, 6:23 am

Jacy watched Evelynn's attempt while shielding her to make sure that it wasn't noticed by the teachers. "Okay, why don't you try to say it over and over again till you get it right? I think I can tell when it sounds correct. After you've got it right you can try it again in combination with the wand movements. They look good to me. Try again, you can don it!" Jacy tried to encourage the Gryffindor.

"Okay then. Bye and have a nice day." Liam said. He noticed that the two first-year girls, Evelynn and Jacy, were practicing Charms. He knew that it wasn't allowed but he didn't care whether they followed any rules. It was their decision after all and he wasn't responsible.
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » December 22nd, 2016, 7:11 am

Evelynn tried again several times before finally, "WI-ng-gar-DEE-um LEV-isoa" The cup vibrated. "I did it! Sorta..." She tried again. "WI-ng-gar-DEE-um LEV-isoa" The cup hovered a few inches across the table. "Yay! Thanks Jacy!" she said, stowing her wand away in her robes.

Iris sat down at her table and opened a book, a Muggle fantasy novel about dragons. She knew that she really shouldn't be so amazed by such things while reading, as she knew full well they were real, but she couldn't help it. They were her favorite books now days, partiallly because she liked laughing slightly at the assumptions authors made about magical things.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”