Hogwarts: Hospital Wing

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Avis
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 4,962.00
Pottermore Username: AvisHallow15706

Hogwarts: Hospital Wing

Postby Avis » August 15th, 2013, 8:17 pm

The hospital wing at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is run by Dr Rhodes. Students (and presumably the staff) who suffer mishaps and injuries during the school year are sent or brought to the hospital wing for treatment, and only six visitors are allowed at one time for one person. The hospital wing is well equipped to deal with all kinds of magical and mundane injuries, from broken limbs to regrowing lost bones. Only in the most severe cases are the patients sent to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries for further treatment.

Doctor: Sherman Rhodes (NPC)
Spoiler: show
Doctor Sherman Rhodes – Hufflepuff

Wand: Hawthorn, Unicorn Hair, 12", Solid
Patronus: Labrador dog
Blood Status: Half-Blood (Pure-Blood mother, Muggle-Born father)

Appearance: Sherman Rhodes has pure-white hair (no beard or moustache) and many, many wrinkles. Age has caught up with him and he is beginning to put on weight, though his muscular arms still reveal his past as a soldier. His demeanour is more than a little gruff, but he nevertheless has a grandfatherly air over him. He often jokes with his patients and an end to the jokes is usually a sign that the prognosis is grave indeed.

Bio: Sherman Rhodes was only a teenager when World War II struck and, as all teenage boys of the time, he enlisted in the army as soon as he was eligible; even leaving Hogwarts early to do so. Having a natural talent for Herbology and Potions, Rhodes was able to hide his magical nature from the other soldiers yet nevertheless serve as a medic for his company. What he experienced at the war front scarred Rhodes deeply and he believes that war is not only a failing of civilisation, but also a failing of humanity. After the war, Rhodes did not return to Hogwarts, but instead trained as a mediwizard - filling out his hard-learned practical knowledge with a theoretical curriculum. He worked at St Mungo's for several years, before taking up a position as a field doctor for the English Quiddich team (being a fan of the game himself). When he became too old to work as a field doctor, rather than return to St Mungo's, he took over as Head Nurse at Hogwarts.

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Re: Hogwarts: Hospital Wing

Postby Whispers » May 18th, 2014, 4:47 am

Doctor Rhodes looked up when the door to the infirmary opened. By now, he knew miss Du Lac's Herbology schedule by heart, so he was expecting her. What he was NOT expecting, were the six patients trailing in with her. Three were struck in the arm (one of whom Mia), either massaging the limb or letting it flop uselessly at their side. Two came in hopping on one leg. And one must have caught an Anisa star in her mouth, for he was drooling incessantly. Miss Du Lac herself was completely paralysed and brought in courtesy of a hovering spell. In addition to a total of seven patients, three non-injured students came in: Angus and Liam assisting the two hopping patients, while Evanna controlled Serena's hovering spell.

Doctor Rhodes looked doubtfully at the two enervating potions he had on hand: one for Serena (whose presence here today was all but inevitable) and one for an undetermined student who might have an accident. He wasn't sure if he had enough for seven. He decided that miss Du Lac probably needed the full dose, but mixed the second bottle with a drought of Perpetuum Elixer; the equivalent of a Muggle doctor stretching resources by diluting them with water.

"Miss Goodwin, please put miss Du Lac on that bed. Mr MacInnish and Mr Hayes, put your patients down on those. The rest of you, have a seat anywhere."
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Pumpkin
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 2,826.68
Pottermore Username: VioletCitrouille5574

Postby Pumpkin » May 18th, 2014, 5:05 am

Mia took a seat with most of the other students, hoping that her arm wouldn't stay sore for much longer. Halfway up to the infirmary she gave up trying to massage it back to life and it was currently swinging at her shoulder, absolutely useless. She whispered to one of the other students with a sore arm,
"I know I'm useless at Herbology, but I didn't think I was this bad. You would think by now they'd just put Serena in a plastic bubble. But that would probably lead to the rest of us suffering, I guess."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Arien
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00

Postby Arien » May 18th, 2014, 9:33 am

Evanna pointed her wand at the bed and Serena landed softly on it. She glared at Mia as she mentioned putting Serena in a plastic bubble. She glanced around trying to spot Angus. He was helping a boy and a girl onto their beds. "He's not a Hufflepuff for nothing." she thought.
Evanna wasn't sure whether to stay with Serena or not. It would seem quite awkward, considering she could barely talk, but since she wasn't going to be busy, she sat on a chair next to her bed.
Image Image Image

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » May 18th, 2014, 12:55 pm

Angus helped his classmate on the bed indicated by Doctor Rhodes. He knew the infirmary from his assisting the school doctor since the start of this year and without realizing it, his mood improved. He was useful here. He made sure the other students were seated as well and glanced at Serena's paralysed form. He shook his head. How can she be so unlucky?

He wasn't the most pleasant nurse, being practical and efficient without bothering with bedside manners at all. Luckily for Mia, he hadn't heard her comment. When he had seen to them all, he returned to Doctor Rhodes. "If there is anything else I can help you with, just tell me, sir."
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Postby Whispers » May 18th, 2014, 4:08 pm

Iris Morningstar, fourth year Slytherin and currently nursing a numb arm, nodded in agreement to Mia. "I don't know what plastic is," replied the Pureblood, "but I agree with the bubble. If Serena gets any worse, she'll burn down the greenhouse with all of us in it!" Then, remembering that the Du Lacs were a famous line of hydromancers, Iris amended: "Or flood it and drown us all." Whilst her words were harsh, Iris meant no harm. She was merely prone to hyperbole and lacked tact.

Meanwhile, doctor Rhodes was satisfied that he had diluted one Enervating Elixer enough for six. Placing a sufficient amount in six small cups, he gave one to Mia and the other students with numbed arms or legs. "It's not enough to alleviate all the symptoms, but it'll do. Once feeling returns, I recommend you jump around or wave your arms 'til it's good again. Might take an hour." He didn't warn them about the taste though, which was akin to raw ground coffee.

He handed the sixth cup to Angus and gestured to the drooling student. "Kid can't swallow properly, so that's a problem. You can help him." Feeding potion to your fellow students like it was chicken soup lacked glamour, but Rhodes was aware of Angus' interest in medicine. The boy might as well learn all the tricks of the trade, including the boring parts.

A nurse took the remaining full dose to Serena, feeding her droplets slowly so she didn't choke on them. "You're friend will be fine,, dear," she said to Evanna. "She'll stay in the infirmary for an hour or two, but she'll be released before dinner. Probably even in time for homework."
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Pumpkin
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 2,826.68
Pottermore Username: VioletCitrouille5574

Postby Pumpkin » May 19th, 2014, 1:54 am

"I bet she will," Mia replied to Iris, a bit quieter this time to avoid another glare from Evanna. She took a cup from Dr. Rhodes and assuming that he would have at least charmed it to taste nice gulped it all down. Coughing and spluttering she stood up to prevent her choking anymore than she already was.
"Wha-What was in that?" She spilled, trying not to bring it all back up.
"Thank gosh, that it was diluted or-" She gagged and sat bad down, scraping her tongue with her fingers she realised that her right arm was still numb, and quietly sulked.

"Can I go now?" She questioned, hoping to run to the closest tap and stick her head under it. Sure, it wasn't the worst thing she ever tasted, (nothing beats her mothers cooking) but it was still a surprising 'kick' and the fact she gulped it all down. She shut her eyes tightly, thinking that if she stopped thinking about it, the taste will subside.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Arien
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00

Postby Arien » May 19th, 2014, 2:35 pm

Evanna sighed.
"I'm sorry Serena, but I have to go to the library. I'm sure there's a lot more books on duelling and stuff there." she said.
Turning round, she smirked slightly at the sight of Mia coughing after drinking the Enervating Elixer.
"I'll be going then. I'll meet you in the Great Hall for lunch, ok?"
Evanna stood up, smiled at Serena, and walked out of the infirmary.
Image Image Image

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,450.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » May 20th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Liam watched Evanna leaving the infirmary. He felt a little useless after he had helped his classmate on the bed, so he turned towards Angus: "Do you need me here? If not, I'll leave. I don't want to stand in anybody's way."
ImageImageImage

Biologist
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 496.00
Pottermore Username: Purplemoonstone25474

Postby Biologist » May 21st, 2014, 4:04 am

Angus was busy helping his classmate swallow the potion, which was a very precise venture. He had to be careful to not let it get in the boy's airways, otherwise he'd choke on it. Angus looked at Liam and said in his usual gruff manner: "If you're not sick, hurt or useful, you can go." Then he added: "Thanks for the help." And went back to administering the potion.
My wand:

Larch with Pheonix Feather core, 13 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.

^_^

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”