PFF Roleplay Announcements and Thread-Index

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 30,338.00
Pottermore Username: PhoenixMagic4503

Re: PFF Roleplay Announcements and Thread-Index

Postby Whispers » April 28th, 2014, 12:04 pm

Ambrosia Myrrdin, Head of House Slytherin and Transfiguration professor, is finally finished. You can find her write-up in the staff post.

Spoiler: show
Ambrosia Myrrdin - Slytherin - Head of House

Wand: Pine, Dragon Heartstring, 11 inches, Pliable
Patronus: Swan
Creating the Elixer of Life was done through the Magnus Opus (the Great Work). The swan is one of three birds associated with the Magnus Opus (the other two are the raven and phoenix).
Blood Status: Pureblood
Appearance: Ambrosia is an attractive witch in her mid-fifties. She has very long, black hair, with some grey flowing through, that frames her oval-shaped face. She has almond shaped, piercing blue eyes that seem to see all. She is tall and skinny, though she likes to cover up in black clothes, which make her look a lot more shapeless than she really is.
Biography: Ambrosia grew up in a dwindling Pureblood family as the only child to her parents. Her last name of 'Myrrdin' indicates a lineage tracing back to the legendary wizard Merlin, but there is no definitive proof of that. Ambrosia's parents lived in a tiny cottage in a remote area of Wales. Ambrosia is the last Pureblood in her family, the rest having married Muggleborns or Half-Bloods. As she has no children of her own, the name Myrrdin will die out with her.
During her time at Hogwarts, Ambrosia was in Slytherin house. During her years she became Prefect and later went on to become Head Girl. Transfiguration and Alchemy had always been her best subjects, netting her the best grades in these subjects that anyone had ever seen, with Potions coming in at a close third. After graduating, she continued to pursue her fascination with Transfiguration and Alchemy. Years later, when Ambrosia was renowned in her chosen field, she was offered the post of Transfiguration and Alchemy teacher at Hogwarts and accepted.
Ambrosia's obsession with Alchemy started at an early age, when her father told her stories about their great forebear Merlin and how he had mastered the art. She became transfixed immediately, and would steal her father's books on the subject to learn more. Since the age of 10, all she thought about was finding the mythical Elixer of Life. It wasn't until much later in her life that she discovered that the Elixer isn't an elixer at all, but a Transfiguration spell. Highly complex, the 'Elixer' is a series of Transfiguration spells and Alchemical formulae that allows the caster to transform anything into anything else; including a mortal life into an immortal one.
Ambrosia has an extensive collection of alchemical tomes, including several lost or forbidden tomes. Some of the more famous authors in her collection include Hermes Trismegistus, Aristotle, Albertus Magnus (distantly related to Helena Magnus), Roger Bacon, Pope John XXII, Nicholas Flamel, John Dee, Isaac Newton and the Count of St Germain. Still, Ambrosia's collection is incomplete and gaining access to Hogwarts' extensive library (and its forbidden section) played a large part in her accepting the position of Professor.
Roleplaying: Ambrosia tends to be overly-critical and condescending towards students not in her own house. Even though she favours Slytherin students in general, she has a select few from each House that are her favourites. She is very strict, and does not hesitate to throw any student out who is not paying attention or goofing off. She even used to ban 'unworthy' students from her class permanently, until the Headmistress put a stop to that since Transfiguration is a core class (and therefore a compulsory OWL subject, so students are better off with a Fail than no grade at all). All students wishing to apply for Alchemy lessons must pass Ambrosia's test (with a focus on Transfiguration and Potions) and she's a very harsh judge of talent. Since Alchemy is not a core class, Ambrosia has no compunction banning students from this subject.
Other: Ambrosia is a blood supremacist, but not out of any sense of malice or elitism. During her hunt for the Elixer of Life, she discovered that there is also an 'Essence of Magic'. Just like the Elixer of Life is actually a Transfiguration Formulae, so is the Essence of Magic something even less abstract: it is the representation of innate magic in the blood of wizards and it grows fainter as the blood dilutes. Because of this, Purebloods must remain Pure or all magic will eventually be lost. At least, this is what Ambrosia believes based on the texts she has read, but she or the texts' authors might be wrong.
Image ImageImage

~~ My wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4", Surprisingly Swishy <3 ~~
~~ PFF Student ID: 24R046 ~~

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby Whispers » April 30th, 2014, 3:12 am

We've just added Cyrano Janossi, Gryffinfor HoH and DADA teacher, to the Staff Roster. He was the last of the staff NPCs that still needed to be made, so we have a full set now.

Cyrano Janossi
Spoiler: show
Character name: Cyrano Janossi, Gryffindor HoH, Defense Against the Dark Arts
Blood Status: Pureblood
Age, House & Subject: Early 60's, Gryffindor, DADA
Patronus: A large black bird of unknown genus.
Wand: Aspen, Janus Hair, 13", Unyielding
- Aspen wood is white and fine-grained, and highly prized by wand-makers for its stylish resemblance to ivory and its outstanding charmwork. The proper owner of the aspen wand is often an accomplished duellist, or destined to be so, for the aspen wand is one of those particularly suited to martial magic. Aspen wand owners are generally strong-minded and determined, more likely than most to be attracted by quests and new orders.
- Janus Hair comes from the two-headed Janus Troll and is said to produce wands that are equally strong in both offensive and defensive magic. Due to the (very) uncooperative nature of Janus Trolls, these hairs are only harvested on-demand for custom wands.

Appearance: Janossi is tall with a majestic stature. His silver hair and matching beard are kept short and well-groomed. He has dark, unreadable eyes. His most distinguishing feature is his deep, almost hypnotic voice.

Personality: Janossi is a strict teacher, expecting both perfect behaviour and perfect work from his students. He doesn't hesitate to assign 'remedial homework' to students who are falling behind. He is also eminently fair, favouring neither Houses nor individual students. As a result, he is well-respected by both staff and students (even if the latter also find him somewhat intimidating). Janossi's approach pays off, as he has never had a student with a failing grade.

Biography: Janossi began his time at Hogwarts as a phenomenal Hatstall. It took the Hat a whopping six minutes and twelve seconds to decide between Ravenclaw (for intelligence), Slytherin (for ambition) and Gryffindor (for bravery). The Hat finally decided on Gryffindor, in part because Janossi asked to be placed there. Janossi proved to be exceptionally skilled with a wand, scoring top marks in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration and Charms. He also had a flair for potions, not in the least because he recognized the value of 'bottled spells' and worked very hard to be at the top of his class.
After graduating, Janossi travelled the mainland as well as Egypt, Greek and other Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries. Not much is known of his travels, but he became a skilled Legilimens during this time (though perhaps he had the talent all along and kept it hidden during his time at Hogwarts). Rumour has it that he also joined the Silver Spears during this time.
Returning to England after decades of travel and wanting to pass on what he had learned, Janossi applied for a teaching position at Hogwarts. He was granted the position of Professor in Defense Against the Dark Arts. When the old Gryffindor Head of House retired several years later, Janossi was granted that position as well. He has excelled at both posts, much like he has excelled at everything in his life.

Strengths & Other Skills:
- Superb at DADA and duelling.
- Very good at Transformation, Charms and Potions.
- Skilled Legilimens.
- Near-fluent in French, Italian, Spanish and German.
- Conversational in Swedish, Russian and Greek.
- Is rumoured to own a second wand, made of Silver Lime, which he uses for Legilimency.
- Rumoured to be an Occlumens, since this skill often goes hand-in-hand with Legilimency.
Image ImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby Whispers » May 6th, 2014, 9:15 am

Contacted players regarding character inactivity > 3 months

- Nim (Lilian Hawthorne & Jackson Emms). Email unread as of May 21st. Characters archived.
- Jag17 (Christopher Johnson & Jordan smith). Replied May 6 to please archive characters.
- Poppy (Sebastian Shmuel Silver). Replied May 6 to please archive character. Might re-apply with other character in future.
- Niffz (Axis E. Fletcher). Replied May 10 to please archive character.
- Heartrose (Daisy Benson). Replied May 9 to please archive character.
- RoseFirebolt77 (Grier Douglas). Email read, but unanswered as of May 21st. Character archived.
- Elena (Katherine Miller). Email read, but unanswered as of May 21st. Character archived.
- SilverGreenSerpent (Mindana Regina Lionis). Email unread as of May 21st. Character archived.
Image ImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby Whispers » January 28th, 2015, 1:53 am

I have contacted the following players regarding character inactivity on Jan 28th 2015:
As always, I'm happy to hold on to characters if people can't participate just right now.

UPDATE 11 FEB 2015:
Dikkevettevlinder (Ivey Michaels) --> Character archived (pm read, but unanswered)
Avis (Malcolm Foley) --> Character archived (pm unread)
Thedoctor97 (Wolfe Cross) --> Character archived (pm unread)
Wrackspurt (Miles and Levi Toma) --> Characters archived (pm unread)
Nox (Noxelle Wolfsbane) --> Character archived (pm unread)
Arien (Evanna Goodwin) --> Character archived (pm unread)
Gatsby (Thomas Morse and Emrys Treharne) --> Characters archived (pm unread)
Vinewave19301 (Magdelene Durham) --> Character archived (pm unread)
Pumpkin (Mia Martins) --> Replied Jan 28. Can't return atm, but hold on to character for later.
Image ImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby Whispers » February 11th, 2015, 9:40 am

Archived inactive characters. See post above for details.
Image ImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby Whispers » August 4th, 2015, 1:41 am

Time to clean out the inactive characters again. I've contacts the following people to ask if they're still interested:

Sparky (char: Roselyn Jade Huntley)
Castle (char: Greyie Blood)
Keidashi (char: Jun Ramos)

Inactive characters will be archived on August 17.
Image ImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby Whispers » August 26th, 2015, 2:37 am

Whispers wrote:Time to clean out the inactive characters again. I've contacts the following people to ask if they're still interested:

Sparky (char: Roselyn Jade Huntley)
Castle (char: Greyie Blood)
Keidashi (char: Jun Ramos)

Inactive characters will be archived on August 17.

I've archived these characters.
Image ImageImage

Whispers
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby Whispers » October 10th, 2015, 4:12 am

RP ANNOUNCEMENT: PLAYER REVIEWS!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to get some input from all of you on how the RP is doing, what works well and what needs approving (or needs tossing). Anything you want to tell us is fine. Replies can be posted her, or sent to me by PM.

Here are some questions to get you started, but feel free to add as many points of your own as you like and/or skip mine.

- Is the character application process clear? I.e. is this post straightforward and uncluttered, and is this post easy to find?
- Do our questions/points during character approval help, or are we too harsh/lenient?
- How do you like the ratio between Grindelwald plots (i.e. the library break in), small events (i.e. the Quidditch match) and player-driven plots (i.e. the spider room)? Is there enough room for PC x PC interaction?
- How do you like the speed of the RP? Should we be moving on to new events quicker?
- Are the RP moderators (Biologist and Whispers) active enough? Do you feel you could approach them if you had a concern?
- What keeps you interested in / coming back to the RP?
- What might make you lose interest in the RP?
- Anything else you want to bring up, discuss or just toss out there?

Thanks!
Image ImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 4.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » October 22nd, 2015, 3:57 pm

Replyed in the OOC topic!