PFF Roleplay OOC Talk and Questions

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 9.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Re: PFF Roleplay OOC Talk and Questions

Postby Alien Iris » May 1st, 2017, 3:12 pm

Hey! A question.

@Wolfmoon
When is the whole dueling club meeting? I know Jacy and Evelynn are there right now, but just for planing purposes.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,446.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » May 2nd, 2017, 3:23 pm

Well, there hasn't been a planned meeting so far as they wanted to check out the room to find out how to use it for their purposes. I'd say that's what Jacy and Evelynn are doing at the moment.

Liam will tell the club that he has failed and that Julian knows about the club and that others might be in on it too, so that they need a better cover. He has to figure things out about the room, himself and the club. Maybe he'll suddenly enter the room while our first-years are still in it but if he does, he'll only do so when the tasks are getting a little more difficult.
I don't know how the room changes. If it's like the Room of Requirement it won't change when he enters. But I guess the tasks that await him in the darkness won't be the same as the ones for the first-years. I only know a few things about the Hall of Challenges. I guess we have to make the rest up and decide whether our characters are ready to practise in there and learn new spells together.

We only have four active members at the moment, two of them know some advanced spells as they are older than the others. I'd say that after our first-years's little adventure it's definitely time to start a meeting.

EDIT: I'm actually quite busy at the moment and can't finish the summary any time soon but here is what it could look like (just the first day of school). The summary is quite detailed to make sure that everyone finds his character in it but it's not too detailed to avoid that you'll spent hours reading it. I just put everything in it I thought players wanted to focus on and everything that might be interesting for future events, dialogues and conflicts:

Hogwarts Roleplay Summary

Outline
1 Monday, September 1st (2014), School starts 4
Spoiler: show
1.1 Chapter 1: Journey to Hogwarts 4
1.1.1 The Hogwarts Express 4
1.2 Chapter 2: Arriving at Hogsmeade 5
1.2.1 Hogsmeade 5
1.3 Chapter 3: The Sorting Ceremony 6
1.3.1 The Great Hall 6
1.3.2 The Feast (Great Hall) 7
1.4 Chapter 4: First night at Hogwarts (Common Rooms) 8
1.4.1 Slytherin Dungeons 8
1.4.2 Ravenclaw Tower 8
1.4.3 Gryffindor Tower 8
1.4.4 Hufflepuff Basement 8

2 Tuesday, September 2nd (2014), First day of classes 9
2.1 Chapter 5: The first Breakfast 9
2.1.1 Ravenclaw Tower 9
2.1.2 The Great Hall 9
2.2 Chapter 6: Classes 10
2.2.1 Class: Magical Creatures 10
2.2.2 Class: Charms 10

3 Wednesday, September 3rd (2014), Swim team tryouts 11
3.1 Chapter 7: The Swim Team Tryouts 11
3.1.1 Hogwarts Grounds 11

4 Tuesday, October 21st (2014), First Plot Event 12
4.1 Chapter 8: Spies and Suspicions 12
4.1.1 The Great Hall 12
4.1.2 Hogwarts Grounds 13
4.1.3 The Great Hall 13

5 Wednesday, October 22nd (2014), A day full of action 14
5.1 Chapter 9: The founding of the duelling club 14
5.1.1 The Great Hall 14
5.2 Chapter 10: A spectacular stunt stunning some students 15
5.2.1 Ravenclaw Tower 15
5.2.2 Class: Potions 15
5.2.3 Class: Herbology (Greenhouses) 15
5.2.4 Hospital Wing 16
5.3 Chapter 11: The Hall of Challenges 18
5.3.1 Hogwarts Library 18
5.3.2 Hogwarts Hallways 18
5.3.3 Hospital Wing 18
5.4 Chapter 12: Activities after classes 19
5.4.1 Ravenclaw Tower 19
5.4.2 Hogwarts Grounds 19
5.4.3 Hogwarts Library 19
5.4.4 Hufflepuff Basement 19
5.5 Chapter 13: Dinner 21
5.5.1 The Great Hall 21
5.6 Chapter 14: Looking for information 24
5.6.1 Hogwarts Hallways 24
5.6.2 Hospital Wing 24
5.6.3 Ravenclaw Tower 24
5.6.4 Hogwarts Grounds 25
5.6.5 Hogwarts Library 25
5.6.6 Hogwarts Grounds 26
5.7 Chapter 15: The last activities of a nerve-wracking day 28
5.7.1 Hogwarts Hallways 28
5.7.2 Ravenclaw Tower 28
5.7.3 Hogwarts Hallways 28
5.7.4 Ravenclaw Tower 29

Summary

Monday, September 1st (2014)
1 Monday, September 1st (2014), School starts
1.1 Chapter 1: Journey to Hogwarts
1.1.1 The Hogwarts Express

Characters:
- Levi Toma, 4th year Slytherin, Muggleborn (Wrackspurt)
- Miles Toma, 1st year Hufflepuff, Muggleborn (Wrackspurt)
- Serena du Lac, 4th year Slytherin, Pureblood (Whispers)
- Damian Whitetower, 5th year Slytherin, Pureblood, Prefect, Chaser (NPC)
- Christopher Johnson, 5th year Gryffindor, Halfblood, Prefect (Jag17)
- Malcolm Ace Foley, 4th year Gryffindor, Pureblood (Avis)
- Thomas Morse, 6th year Ravenclaw, Halfblood, Prefect (Gatsby)
- Emrys Treharne, 3rd year Slytherin, Halfblood (Gatsby)
- Daisy Benson, 1st year Ravenclaw, Muggleborn (?) (Heartrose)
- Ben Roberts, 1st year Gryffindor, Muggleborn (Riverfirebolt)
- Katherine Miller, 1st year Slytherin, Halfblood (Elena)
- Angus MacInnish, 4th year Hufflepuff, Muggleborn, Beater (Biologist)
- Alexander Philip Charles Leroi, 4th year Slytherin, Pureblood (NPC)
- Grier Douglas, 1st year Ravenclaw, Pureblood (RoseFirebolt77)
- Axis Eugene Fletcher, 5th year Hufflepuff, Halfblood (Niffz)
- Lillian Hawthorne, 1st year Gryffindor, Halfblood (Nim)
- Kate McGrew, 7th year Gryffindor, Pureblood, Head Girl (NPC)
- David Hill, 7th year Hufflepuff, Halfblood, Head Boy, Keeper (NPC)
- Finn Doyle, 4th year Gryffindor, Halfblood, Chaser (NPC)
- Sebastian Shmuel Silver, 1st year Hufflepuff, Halfblood (Poppy)

Summary:
The Hogwarts Express is ready at King’s Cross in London to carry the students to school. Many students still look for compartments to sit with friends and fellow students. First tensions can be seen and it’s obvious that some students don’t like Muggleborns too much.
A fight breaks out between a Slytherin (Leroi) and his fellow fourth-year Hufflepuff student Angus that many others get involved with but in the end the prefects make sure that the boys don’t fight anymore.
The students return to their compartments, the train starts and the prefects have their meeting. In the late evening the train reaches Hogsmeade where the students get off the train that makes its way back to London. 

1.2 Chapter 2: Arriving at Hogsmeade
1.2.1 Hogsmeade

Characters:
- Mrs. Alice Coulter, 43, Slytherin, Pureblood, Castle Caretaker, Music Mistress (NPC)
- Christopher Johnson, 5th year Gryffindor, Halfblood, Prefect (Jag 17)
- Sebastian Shmuel Silver, 1st year Hufflepuff, Halfblood (Poppy)
- Grier Douglas, 1st year Ravenclaw, Pureblood (RoseFirebolt77)
- Jacy Wolf, 1st year Ravenclaw, Halfblood (WolfMoon)
- Lillian Hawthorne, 1st year Gryffindor, Halfblood (Nim)

Summary:
At Hogsmeade Station the students get out off the train and are welcomed by Mrs Coulter, the Caretaker of Hogwarts. She tells the prefects to make sure that the first-years get to the boats and she tells the other students to get to the carriages.
Thomas Morse, the sixth-year Ravenclaw prefect, addresses the new first-years and Chris Johnson, the fifth-year Gryffindor prefect makes sure that none of the new ones gets lost. The first-years gather around the prefects and the older students walk to the carriages. The first-years are told to pair up and after a short time they get on the boats. Again, new contacts are made and the first-years think and talk about what to expect from Hogwarts and especially the Sorting Ceremony.
Angus and Serena talk about the incident on the train and how Thomas fixed Angus’ problem.
The boats arrive at the castle and the new students get off nervously, steeling themselves for the Sorting. 

1.3 Chapter 3: The Sorting Ceremony
1.3.1 The Great Hall

Characters:
- Kate McGrew, 7th year Gryffindor, Pureblood, Head Girl (NPC)
- Emrys Treharne, 3rd year Slytherin, Halfblood (Gatsby)
- Max Dale, 2nd year Ravenclaw, Pureblood (ShadowLarsie)
- Mrs. Alice Coulter, 43, Slytherin, Pureblood, Castle Caretaker, Music Mistress (NPC)
- Sebastian Silver, 1st year Hufflepuff, Halfblood (Poppy)

Summary (from here on summaries will be a little more detailed sometimes due to the many different plot lines):
Chris enters the Great Hall and promises Head Girl Kate McGrew to be nice to the first-years.
Angus arrives together with Serena and the two separate when they enter the Great Hall, each of them going to their houses’ table.
Serena walks towards the Slytherin table where Damian has saved her a spot. She is glad to be back at Hogwarts that she considers her home. She defends her plan to try starting a swim team again this school year.
Thomas sits down at the Ravenclaw table, ready to greet the new Ravenclaws. He and one of his dorm-mates speculate who of the first-years might join their house.
Meanwhile Emrys who sits at the Slytherin table says that he hopes that the Sorting goes well for his house and that it is not overrun by Muggleborns this year.
Serena who is proud of being a Slytherin replies that it always is in their favour as they only get the best. Emrys agrees with her.
Levi sits down at the Slytherin table waiting for his younger brother Miles to be sorted. When the latter hears his name he walks towards the stool and the Sorting Hat is placed on his head. Miles is sorted into Hufflepuff and the ceremony continues.
Jacy gets sorted into Ravenclaw. She is a little sad that she is not in the same house as Miles.
While the Sorting takes place, Max overhears Serena’s comment and feels the urge to question it but Serena just tells him to mind his own business and returns to her conversation with Emrys.
Ben is sorted into Gryffindor; the house that he thinks fits him best.
Even Thomas notices what Max said, making a note to himself to keep an eye on things. Unlike Serena, Emrys can’t ignore what Max said. He stares at him angrily.
Sebastian is sorted into Hufflepuff, Daisy into Ravenclaw and Katherine into Slytherin.
After every student is sorted, the Headmistress welcomes every student to a new year at Hogwarts and the feast starts.

1.3.2 The Feast (Great Hall)
During the feast most students are only focused on the amount of food that is served. Serena looks over to Thomas. Emrys who notices that she is looking at people from other houses is not too happy about it. Serena realises that Emrys watches her and raises an eyebrow as if to ask if anything was wrong.
The feast slowly comes to an end and the prefects bring the first-years to their common rooms.

1.4 Chapter 4: First night at Hogwarts (Common Rooms)
1.4.1 Slytherin Dungeons

Characters:

Summary:
Serena enters the Slytherin common room and goes into her own room that has a very special view. She takes care of her pet toad.

1.4.2 Ravenclaw Tower

Characters:

Summary:
The students return to their common room to go to bed. Thomas leads the first-years to the eagle knocker that asks its question. Jacy tries to figure it out but she is very insecure. Max and his friends joke that they will still be here tomorrow but then the door opens and they can enter the Ravenclaw common room.

1.4.3 Gryffindor Tower

Characters:

Summary:
Chris guides the first-years to the Gryffindor common room and says the password that is requested by the Fat Lady. He explains everything the new students need to know for their first days and goes to bed afterwards.

1.4.4 Hufflepuff Basement

Characters:

Summary:
The Hufflepuff prefect leads the first-years to their common room and explains them everything they have to know about it, like how to enter it. Miles goes to find his room and when he does, he is happy to see Sheena, his pet, waiting for him. Sebastian also lives in this room along with a few other first-years.

Tuesday, September 2nd (2014)
2 Tuesday, September 2nd (2014), First day of classes
2.1 Chapter 5: The first Breakfast
2.1.1 Ravenclaw Tower

Characters:

Summary:
Max is woken up by his friend Tom and together they go to the Great Hall.

2.1.2 The Great Hall

Characters:
- Prof. Helena Magnus, 37, Ravenclaw, Halfblood, Head of House Ravenclaw, CoMC, Ghoul Studies, Magical Theory (NPC, Whispers)
- Alexander Philip Charles Leroi, 4th year Slytherin, Pureblood (NPC)
- Prof. Erica Sadowski, 31, Hufflepuff, Halfblood, Head of House Hufflepuff, Potions (NPC, Biologist)

Summary:
Professor Helena Magnus hands out the class schedules to the Ravenclaw students, addressing each student individually.
Serena hands out flyers, hoping to recruit enough people for her swim team. Angus is interested although his friends tease him about it. Max wants to have a flyer too. Leroi isn’t happy about Angus, whom he calls a “mudblood”, talking to Serena. He addresses that directly. Levi steps in. Leroi leaves but not without a comment on his, another one on Angus’s and one on Levi’s side.
Thomas receives a package with a Greek motif on it but there is no sender on it. The diligent student he is, he is willing to do some extra work to help the CoMC teacher out.
The Hufflepuff Head of House hands out class schedules to his students. Among them is Miles.
Serena and Angus continue discussing the swim team and after a while Jacy asks if she can join the team as well and is handed out a flyer by Serena. Thomas joins the conversation and after some students leave for classes early, Serena and Thomas still talk.

2.2 Chapter 6: Classes
2.2.1 Class: Magical Creatures

Characters:
- Prof. Helena Magnus, 37, Ravenclaw, Halfblood, Head of House Ravenclaw, CoMC, Ghoul Studies, Magical Theory (NPC, Whispers)
- Iris Morningstar, 4th year Slytherin, Pureblood (NPC)

Summary:
The fourth-year students arrive at the cottage that is located near the Forbidden Forest. Professor Helena Magnus awaits them to start the first Care of Magical Creatures lesson for the fourth school year. This lesson is about Nubbins. Iris gets the Nubbin for Levi and herself as she is afraid that it may escape if Levi, who is quite talented when it comes to getting hurt by a magical creature, tries to get it.
The students are required to find out whether their Nubbin is a female or male and the Professor shows them how to do so. After that she shows the students that the Nubbins are able to perform some basic tricks.
Eventually after all students seemed to do quite well, Professor Magnus announces the homework requirements and that the students will have to take their Nubbins with them to take care of them.

2.2.2 Class: Charms

Characters:
- James Hercules Forrester, 1st year Hufflepuff, Halfblood (at that time NPC (here played by Biologist))
- Prof. Reynold Noguerra, 63, Gryffindor, Halfblood, Charms (NPC)

Summary:
The first-year students walk into the Charms classroom and take a seat. James introduces himself to the two first-years, Miles and Jacy, as they sit down next to him. Interrupting the conversations with a cough, Professor Noguerra starts the lesson telling the students what he expects of them.
In their first lesson the first-years are required to make feathers fly with the spell Wingardium Leviosa. The students get time to practice it on their own. Jacy who manages to perform the spell rather quickly helps James, so that he manages the spell as well. At the end of the lesson, the Professor announces the homework and dismisses the class.

I actually have even more colours in the original to make sure that you see which characters are still active and to make sure that one sees which house they belong to. Feel free to correct any grammar, word order, vocabulary and/or spelling mistakes and to say what you think about it.

I have two summaries to be honest. One with only a few sentences summing up every chapter and the topics only, so that people can do further reading if they are interested in details, and this one. I am planning to post both but it'll take some more time for me to finish them as it's actually not that easy... there are a few things that confuse me and I'm afraid that I have to drop them as they don't seem essential to the plot... I have trouble adding them into my timeline...
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » May 27th, 2017, 6:15 pm

Quick note:

Although I'm not done yet, I have decided to post all I have written so far. I'll post the next few Roleplay days as soon as I have a little more time. There are still many mistakes and I'm not that happy with my summary but I think you should have at least anything for now. I'll continue working on it though and I'll do those chapters I have already finished again to ensure that the summary is ok.

As a reminder and for new players:

It is currently Monday, November 3rd (2014)
ImageImageImage

Caronis Tarrenarm
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 154.00

Postby Caronis Tarrenarm » May 31st, 2017, 7:26 am

I'm new to PFF Roleplay. Just added my first roleplay section to the Hufflepuff Basement, hope it's OK (feel free to read it). Anyway, both of my characters (Taylor Dean Lunabranch & Samara Hazel Tarrenarm) have a number of friends and siblings attending Hogwarts. Am I allowed to include these friends and siblings in my roleplay sections?

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » May 31st, 2017, 7:33 am

Hey :)

As Biologist has done before, you may simply put them in your posts. If you want them to play bigger roles, you can create personal NPCs.

Here are two examples where Biologist mentioned his character's friends:

Biologist wrote:Angus was enjoying the meal. He never ceased to be amazed at the creativity of dishes and the sheer volume of food that was consumed by the students. When he was finished eating, he was sipping on hot Earl Grey tea, allowing himself just a few pieces of nougatine chocolate. Gregor and Vivian had been going on about the Quidditch matches of the past summer and their voices made him sleepy. He yawned for the third time and decided enough was enough. He turned to his friends and said: "I'll be going to bed. See you at breakfast." He rose from the bench and started to move down the tables to the exit of the Great Hall, ignoring the small group of Slytherin pointing and laughing at him behind his back. He was looking forward to a warm soft bed...

Biologist wrote:Angus had gotten up early to get some exercise done before breakfast, something he had started doing since this summer. It had been hard at first, but now he couldn't start his day without it. [...]

After he had freshened up, he was just in time for breakfast and he started with a hearty appetite as he sat down next to his friends. "So, where have you been?" Gregor asked with a mouth full of scrambled eggs. "Running." was all Angus said while eating his toast and baked beans. Vivian laughed. "You really have changed, MacInnish. You should join the swim team. That Slytherin girl just passed the tables, just like every year. Still looking for victims for the giant squid. If she is looking for replacements, I wonder what happened to the ones that went missing." Vivian and Gregor started developing an elaborate theory about the ploy that the Slytherin girl had devised to fuel some great evil ritual, but Angus zoned out. Vivian had probably not been serious, but it was a good idea. He looked around and saw Serena at the head of the Gryffindor table. He rose. "Would you two excuse me for a moment?" he said as he made his way to miss Du Lac. "Wait." Vivian called after him."You can't seriously be considering the swim team? You don't know what evil plot she's been up to."
[...]
ImageImageImage

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 9.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » May 31st, 2017, 6:35 pm

@Wolfmoon and Company

I am so sorry I've been absent lately! Schools been a bit crazy, then on the weekend we went to a cabin (aka no wifi). SO sorry about that! I'll catch up to everything as soon as I can. Again very sorry.

Welcome new roleplayer by the way! Happy to have you here!
ImageImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 237.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » June 7th, 2017, 4:48 am

I'd like to be active, and maybe I should have said something months ago, and I guess I intended to but never followed through. I kept waiting for Tee or Biologist to post in the Basement and since they never did, I never went ahead and asked what I should do or where I ought to jump in. But I really miss role-playing so I guess here I am.

I'd really like to do with Gwen again. If that's okay, where should I jump in?

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » June 7th, 2017, 6:21 am

Hey, it's great to have you back :)

Of course you can jump in. Evelynn, Jacy and Liam are currently in the Hall of Challenges. Iris is standing right in front of it.

Julian and Marek (NPC) are leaving the library to get more information on the spider incident.

Caronis just joined the RP with her character Samara who is currently in the Hufflepuff common room. I'd say that Jacy and the others won't be in the Hall of Challenges much longer as they are about to face some difficulties and leave, so we could make sure that they meet Gwen somewhere. What do you think?
ImageImageImage

Sage
Quibbler Reporter
Quibbler Reporter
Points on hand: 237.00
Pottermore Username: WitchSpell3606
PM Points: 21
Location: In a forest, sitting in a tree overlooking a lake. (USA)

Postby Sage » June 7th, 2017, 4:17 pm

I think that Gwen might still be in the Hufflepuff common room (or they were about to leave, I can't recall) so it might be reasonable for her to meet Samara in the Hufflepuff common room. Unless time has passed since the Argus and the girls were there?

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team

Postby WolfMoon » June 7th, 2017, 4:27 pm

The last RP day you have been around was the Quidditch match, right? It's actually the next day now. It's Monday, November 3, 2014. Unless you stayed the night in the Hufflepuff common room and skipped your classes, I guess that Gwen would have been back to her own common room.

We have roleplayed most classes on that day and we are currently enjoying our freetime (Julian and Marek in the library, Evelynn, Jacy, Liam and Iris in or in front of the Hall of Challenges).
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”