PFF Roleplay Character Application & NPC Records

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
SunsetRose
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 198.00
Pottermore Username: GlowMoon9551

Re: PFF Roleplay Character Application & NPC Records

Postby SunsetRose » August 3rd, 2016, 7:50 am

Here's to hoping that my writing skills have drastically developed over the past 12 months :)
Seriously though... *rereads Luana's page* my old Roleplay character was absolute :!:
So here's my redemption :D

Forum Username: SunsetRose
Character name: Melanie Ophelia Chancing
Blood Status: Halfblood
Age, Year & House: 15, 5th Year, Slytherin
Patronus: Incorporeal Animal (despite investing a vast amount of time into practise, Melanie hasn't quite grasped hold of the necessary essence of conjuring a patronus. She's nearly there though). Her patronus is on the fringe of solidifying and quite clearly takes the shape of a Fox. This depicts Melanie's intelligence, adaptability and her uncanny ability to slip out of a select few harmful operations with practised ease.
Optional: Wand:
- Wood: Poplar: “If you seek integrity, search first among the poplars." - Gerbold Ollivander. Consistency, strength and uniform power, favouring wielders of clear moral vision.
- Core: Phoenix Feather: Capable of a great range of magic, though extremely selective of the wielder. Their allegiance is usually hard-won.
- Length: 10 3/4 inches: "In my experience, longer wands might suit taller wizards, but they tend to be drawn to bigger personalities, and those of a more spacious and dramatic style of magic. Neater wands favour more elegant and refined spell-casting." - Ollivander.
- Flexibility: Reasonably supple- A wand with this flexibility will take even more time than a supple wand before warming up to its owner, but it also will become very loyal once it does. Unlike supple wands, however, it will have difficulty performing for any new owner unless they prove their worthiness. Reasonably supple wands are usually well-rounded and perform average or well in just about every area of magic except for curses and jinxes. Owners of wands with this flexibility are patient and kind, but they have limits to this patience and kindness. They are not as likely to burn themselves out in an attempt to please everyone, but it is still possible.
Appearance: Melanie stands at a respectable 5 feet 6 inches, slightly above the average of 5 feet 4. She has a relatively athletic body, since her Auror father makes sure that she is in top form for the dangers ahead. Her hair is a wavy strawberry blonde, cascading down her back and ending approximately halfway down her back. Her skin is slightly tanned from her outdoor exercises, and a faint layer of freckles cluster around her nose. Her distinctive, defining feature, however, are her eyes - they closely resemble her mother's, a glistening pool of liquid silver that shines in the reflected light.
Personality: Melanie's defining trait is her ambition - her eventual goal is a respectable position in the MInistry of Magic, perhaps even ascending as Minister in the future. She will stop at nothing to achieve her goal - whatever obstacles that block her path will be cast aside in due time. She has a clear vision of what she wants in her mind and no one will be stopping her any time soon. She is unshakably loyal - politicians require loyal assistants, do they not? - and hard-working, has an obvious thirst for knowledge and is... well, Melanie Chancing is the definition of a Gryffindor opposite. But her Slytherin attributes shine through like a lamp in the darkest room. She is cunning, sly, ambitious and willing to use others for personal gain. To others, that might seem selfish, but Melanie wants to be a revolutionary. Revolutionaries are manipulative and cunning.
History: Born to David and Ophelia Chancing on the 6th of July, Melanie Ophelia Chancing grew up in a cosy two-storey house in a close-knit neighbourhood. The majority of her childhood was spent playing with her family's pet half-kneazles and hungrily devouring books. With a Gryffindor father, now a highly respected Auror, and a Ravenclaw mother, now a renown Healer in St. Mungo's, Melanie's house was never clear on the horizon, but when her interest in politics began to take over David and Ophelia saw no other path in life for their precious little girl than the obvious one in Slytherin. Melanie's home life was comfortable and handily prepared her for Hogwarts. Ever since she was young, she was a curious and playful girl, and that didn't change even when she began to harbour a growing interest in the career of politics.
Strengths, Weaknesses, Other Skills: In terms of Hogwarts education, Melanie is brilliant in Arithmancy, History of Magic (self-taught, she still fell asleep in Binn's class) and DADA in particular. For most subjects, she is slightly above the average, but the subject that lets her down the most is Transfiguration. Try as she might, Melanie struggles severely in McGonagall's classroom, and even with the added assistance of tutors, continues to achieve P's at best. Outside of the classrooms, Melanie's more distinctive flaws are her manipulation and her narrow-mindedness. Manipulation is an iffy matter, sometimes of benefit and sometimes of detriment. Melanie walks the line between the two, befriending people of ancient and noble descent while carefully inserting herself into their social groups, a delicate art that can sometimes backfire. And as for her narrow-mindedness, Melanie has a clear ambition in mind, and does not allow for other career thoughts to enter her mind. To her, that heavenly position in the Ministry is all that exists in her future outside of Hogwarts. Most of her strengths have been previously stated.
Academic:

O's: Arithmancy (Elective); History of Magic; Defense against the Dark Arts
E's: Ancient Runes (Elective); Charms; Flying
A's: Potions; Astronomy; Herbology
P's: ---
D's: Transfiguration

If a 6th or 7th year, a list of NEWT classes: Melanie's a 5th Year :)

Accio feedback!
... yes, I just said that. XD
ImageImage
ImageImage

Caronis Tarrenarm
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 140.00

Postby Caronis Tarrenarm » May 27th, 2017, 2:53 am

Here are my first two characters.

Username: Caronis Tarrenarm

Name: Taylor Dean Lunabranch
House: Gryffindor
Year level: 1st
Wand: 13 inch Hawthorn/Dragon heartstring. Excellent wand for Defence Against the Dark Arts.
Patronus: None yet, would probably be a Mink. An unusual patronus, people with the Mink patronus are clever, funny and a pleasure to spend time with.
Blood status: Pure-blood
Appearance: Tall, brown eyes, black hair, dark-skinned.
Personality: Generous, intelligent, innovative and fun-loving.
History: Taylor lives with his parents, Julian and Trinity, brother, Blake, and sisters, Carrie, Danielle, Leslie, Annika and Thalia, in Norwich, England. He joins his sister, Carrie (6th year), in Gryffindor. Danielle (1st year) and Annika (6th year ) are in Ravenclaw, Blake (5th year) is in Hufflepuff, Leslie (6th year) and Thalia (6th year) are in Slytherin. Their parents were also Slytherins.
Strengths: History of Magic, Defence Against the Dark Arts and Herbology.
Weaknesses: Transfiguration, Potions and Charms.

Name: Samara Hazel Tarrenarm
House: Hufflepuff
Year level: 5th
Wand: 13.5 inch Willow/Dragon heartstring. Good wand for Charms.
Patronus: Hummingbird. People with this patronus are bright and cheerful.
Blood status: Muggle-born.
Appearance: Narrow green eyes, shoulder-length blonde hair, very tall, pale-skinned.
Personality: Friendly, intelligent, leaderly and resourceful.
History: Samara lives with her mother, Clarissa, brother, Vaughn (Gryffindor 6th year), and sisters, Annette (Ravenclaw 7th year) and Hannah (Ravenclaw 6th year), in Warrington, England. Her father, Brady, died in car accident when Samara was nine.
Strengths: Potions, Charms and Astronomy.
Weaknesses: Divination, Defence Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration.

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 118.00

Postby Rosaline55 » May 27th, 2017, 4:59 am

I also have a character. Here it is:
My username - Princess Hermione

Name: Carolina Trent
House: Ravenclaw
Year: 1st year
Wand: 14 inches/ elder wood/ phoenix feather
Patronus: unicorn (though she is a 1st year, she can perform the Patronus spell which was taught by her auror parents who excell in Charms)
Birth : Pure blood
Appearance: Tall, fair , twinkling blue eyes, golden blonde hair.
Qualities: humorous, intelligent , pretty, kind, excellent in sports. She is a bookworm and tomboy.
History : Her parents are famous Aurors whose names are Amelia and Arnold Trent. She has a younger brother named Carnel who is yet to come to Hogwarts. According to astronomers, Carolina is born to destroy the evilest wizard who ever lived. Carolina does not know this yet but will soon. They live in Salzburg , Austria.
Strength : Sports, DADA, Transfiguration, Arithmancy and Charms.
WeakNess : Divination, Astronomy and History.
ImageImage
-The greatest mistake is the mistake from which we learn nothing.

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,420.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » May 27th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Hey :)

It's good to see that you want to join the Roleplay. Please give me some time to consult some of the other roleplayers to make sure that your characters are indeed well balanced and their background story is worked out quite well.

These tips are from Whispers. If you haven't read them already, here you go:

How to make an interesting PC:

• Create a balanced character. This is important, so more below.
• Give your character a unique feel and personality. Picture them in your mind and then tell us what you see.
• Add history. What was their childhood like; friends & family
• How do they feel about being a witch/wizard? How do they feel about Hogwarts?
• What are their most/least favorite classes and extra-curricular activities?
• Describe any friends or foes at school.
* Your character shouldn't be related to canon characters. We are set in a Harry Potter universe but no canon characters are in our RP in any way, shape, or form.

How to build a balanced PC:

• Make a list of strengths and weaknesses. This make it easier to count if you have (roughly) as many of the ones as the other.
• Make a list of skills and grade them ‘average, good, excellent.’ Are skills (sort and quantity) age-appropriate for PC? Are they realistic (most people have average or good skills with only a few excellent)? Note: Excellent skills tie in to strengths/weaknesses list.
• Make your weaknesses count. Being “Shy but in a cute way” is not a weakness
• Embrace your weaknesses. They bring more life to a character than a long list of strengths.

Here you can read about our plot and the class schedules:
http://pottermoreforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=5768#p259444

@Caronis Tarrenarm:

Here are a few questions I have:

About your first character (Taylor Dean Lunabranch):

1. Could you give me an explanation of why he was sorted into Gryffindor? What makes him a Gryffindor instead of a Ravenclaw (you said he's intelligent)?
2. Could you be a little more precise about his family and his background? He has one brother and five sisters, right? 4 of his sisters are 6th years and one of his sisters is a first-year just like him. Are the four sisters multiples and the first-year sister his twin?
3. How does your character and his family think about the current threat that Europe faces due to Grindelwald?

About Samara Hazel Tarrenarm:

1. The death of a family member is usually hard for someone. So I'd like you to tell me how she and her family handle the death of their father and husband.
2. Could you give me more background information on her and what she and her family think about the current events?

I have one question at the moment and I think I'll have to discuss it with the other roleplayers:

1. How are you planning to work the prophecy out? I mean, you don't have to have an exact plan but I think your character might seem a little overly powerful if she alone plays such an important role and will destroy the evilest wizard as you say. It might be wise to change it or make it more precise. I'd be careful with prophecies of that kind. I guess you are referring to Grindelwald who is a great threat in our universe. Well, perhaps you should say that she will play an important role in the events. All players even those who are supporting Grindelwald should get a chance to drive the plot in a certain direction, so that the end of our story is open till it finally happens.

@Both
You can of course react to the questions and work on your applications. I'll consult someone and we'll discuss your characters. If you have questions feel free to ask them (you can do so in the OOC Talk thread or here :)
ImageImageImage

Caronis Tarrenarm
Second Year Student
Second Year Student

Postby Caronis Tarrenarm » May 27th, 2017, 9:33 pm

I've added a bit extra to the 'History' sections for both Taylor and Samara.

History: Taylor lives with his parents, Julian and Trinity, brother, Blake, and sisters, Carrie, Danielle, Leslie, Annika and Thalia, in Norwich, England. He joins his sister, Carrie (6th year), in Gryffindor. Danielle (1st year) and Annika (6th year ) are in Ravenclaw, Blake (5th year) is in Hufflepuff, Leslie (6th year) and Thalia (6th year) are in Slytherin. Their parents were also Slytherins. Taylor hails from a long line of wizards known for its natural affinity for magic. He distinguished himself at an early age when he won an Apprentice Magicians competition. He earns his place in Gryffindor after rescuing another child from a flooded river. He and sister, Danielle, are twins, whilst their older sisters are rare identical quadruplets. The Lunabranches are wary and cautious regarding Gellert Grindelwald. Even when in relationships with people they trust, there’s always the fear that they harbor hidden agendas or will change and turn against trusted friends.

History: Samara lives with her mother, Clarissa, brother, Vaughn (Gryffindor 6th year), and sisters, Annette (Ravenclaw 7th year) and Hannah (Ravenclaw 6th year), in Warrington, England. Her father, Brady, died in car accident when Samara was nine. The family were greatly affected by his death and have never quite been able to let go of it. In regards to Grindelwald’s actions across Europe, the Tarrenarms are cautious of others who might harm them, steal from them or betray their trust. Family is everything and they long to live in a world that can’t be tarnished by evil.

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,420.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » May 29th, 2017, 4:20 am

@Caronis Tarrenarm

We have discussed your characters and have agreed that you are good to go. Create a profile in the character records (one for each) and then you can join. Enjoy the RP :)

@Princess Hermione

Your character is great but please change the part about the prophecy.
ImageImageImage

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Rosaline55 » May 29th, 2017, 8:31 am

Yes I have changed a bit in the history section. Please see if mine is eligible to go.
Her parents, Arnold and Amelia Trent are famous aurors well known for foiling many plans of Grindelwald's. She also has a younger brother named Carnel who will come to Howarts next year . The family lives in a quiet meadow in Salzburg, Austria. Before Carolina's birth , Mr and Mrs Trent had visited a reputed astrologer to know if the coming child would play any important role in the destroyal of Grindelwald as their whole family was destined to have some link in his destroyal . This is when they come to know that Carolina will be one of the 3 warriors who are destined to kill Grindelwald and the other 2 will be her Hogwarts friends.
You can make any change you want in this and If you don't mind I want to change the name to Caroline or Rosaline.
ImageImage

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Rosaline55 » May 29th, 2017, 8:32 am

Yes I have changed a bit in the history section. Please see if mine is eligible to go.
Her parents, Arnold and Amelia Trent are famous aurors well known for foiling many plans of Grindelwald's. She also has a younger brother named Carnel who will come to Howarts next year . The family lives in a quiet meadow in Salzburg, Austria. Before Carolina's birth , Mr and Mrs Trent had visited a reputed astrologer to know if the coming child would play any important role in the destroyal of Grindelwald as their whole family was destined to have some link in his destroyal . This is when they come to know that Carolina will be one of the 3 warriors who are destined to kill Grindelwald and the other 2 will be her Hogwarts friends.
You can make any change you want in this and If you don't mind I want to change the name to Caroline or Rosaline.
ImageImage

Caronis Tarrenarm
Second Year Student
Second Year Student

Postby Caronis Tarrenarm » May 31st, 2017, 12:51 am

Thanks for approving my first two role play characters. Feel free to read the profiles I've made for them in the Character Records section.

Caronis Tarrenarm
Second Year Student
Second Year Student

Postby Caronis Tarrenarm » May 31st, 2017, 12:53 am

Thanks for approving my first two roleplay characters. Feel free to read the profiles I've made for them in the Character Records section.

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”