Hogwarts: Hallways

Like forum roleplays? Then this is the place for you!
Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 7.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Re: Hogwarts: Hallways

Postby Alien Iris » November 14th, 2017, 2:13 pm

"What in Merlin's name did you think you were doing? Have you been thinking at all? You invite her to join our practice! Do you think she is better at Charms than Iris and I am being only a second-year?"

"Who died and made her queen?" Iris said huffily. She'd been letting the girls previous insults slide, as she assumed it was just her personality, but this was too far. Priya hadn't even been invited to the club officially and she had elected herself leader. She continued listening to the other two arguing for sometime before Liam addressed her.

"You have to admit that Jacy is crazy, right?" Liam said to Iris.

"Maybe a bit, but not as crazy as that Priya girl. She's a second year, and even if we were absolute trash at Charms there is nothing she could even do to help us! She just doesn't have the experience. Could help Evelynn and Jacy but most likely that would be it. I'm not real interested in going back two years to learn Lumos again. Besides, I can't even go to her scheduled 'practice session'," she made air quotes, "I have Orchestra at 4:30."

Iris had suggested the prospect of joining to Priya as a cover story, but Jacy seemed to be genuinely for having the Slytherins in the club. Frankly, this made no sense to Iris. There was nothing to gain that they didn't already have, and so much more to lose. Other purebloods could be intense.

Evelynn continued practicing wand movements with Jacy, and had tuned out the conversation around her.
ImageImageImage

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 118.00

Postby Rosaline55 » November 15th, 2017, 6:55 am

"Here we come!" announced Priya as she made a quite boisterous entrance to the attic as she always does. This time Preeti was with her who first gazed around a bit and then said in a haughty sort of way," I expect you all know the Disarming Charm by heart?" as she made a lazy flick (Expelliarmus) causing Evelynn's wand to fall on the floor, while she addressed the senior students.
ImageImage
-The greatest mistake is the mistake from which we learn nothing.

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » November 15th, 2017, 2:10 pm

"Evelynn's wand hit the ground with a clatter. "Hey!" she exclaimed indignantly. "What was that for?"

"Wait... How in the world did you learn non verbal spells? I don't remember covering them last year at all," Iris said, too confused at the moment to be concerned for her sister. Far as she knew hey weren't covered till sixth year, even then the older students had trouble with them. After a brief moment of wonder, she answered the second years question.

"Yes, I'd assume we both do. So if you're going to 'teach' us," her voice was filled with sarcasm, "then you should probably choose a more difficult one." She had little to no respect for the second years, after what had happened in the past twenty or so minutes.

Evelynn picked up her wand while her sister was talking and stuck it in the pocket. Her expression was a mix between nearly crying and defiance. It probably looked ridiculous.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,420.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » November 18th, 2017, 2:07 pm

Jacy stared at the twins. Why did they need to make an entrance like that? Showing off was something she didn't like at all. These lessons are going to be so much fun! ... not..., she thought before saying to Preeti: "Do you want to teach us that spell? We haven't even mastered Lumos."

Liam didn't say anything but he nodded. Of course, he knew Expelliarmus. He wished he had a good reason like Iris to leave early but he hadn't. Hopefully, the lesson wouldn't last that long.
ImageImageImage

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Rosaline55 » November 19th, 2017, 9:44 am

Priya replied," Oh, these non verbals are going to be too tough for you when you don't even know how to cast a proper Lumos. So Priya if you want to start now, better proceed.............I better observe and point out the mistakes." The truth was that Priya was afraid of showing her weakness in Charms though she was quite good in the basics, she wasn't as perfect as Preeti.

Preeti took a deep breath and started addressing Evelynn and Jacy," Liam and Iris are supposed to be good in this Lumos; they're older than you both but I think I can teach you better if that's okay with you. Now Evelynn, come here and outstretch your hand. I'll first move your hand and show you the movement and then you can try independently. Same with you, Jacy." Preeti was kinder and more sober than Priya.
ImageImage

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » November 19th, 2017, 12:15 pm

“No, seriously how did you even learn non-verbal spells,” Iris addressed Priya. “They aren’t taught at Hogwarts until after the O.W.L.’s, and I’ve heard older students complaining about how hard they were. By all logic you shouldn’t be able to do them.” If this discussion went on much longer she’d be late.

Evelyn eyed the other twin cautiously. “They taught us the movement already.” She moved her arm in a loop. “See?”
ImageImageImage

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Rosaline55 » November 20th, 2017, 4:08 am

Priya nodded her head furtively to say no to Iris and went on to observe .
" Well, let's see then how much you've learnt." said Preeti a little sarcastically,"1, 2, 3, BEGIN!"
ImageImage

Alien Iris
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Alien Iris » November 20th, 2017, 8:37 am

That wasn’t a yes or no question! Iris’s thought. She glared at the twins.

“What?!?” Evelyn exclaimed, slightly panicked. “I was just trying to save you time!” She was never good with magic in the first place, and was worse when put on the spot.

“I’ve got to leave anyway, I have Orchestra at 4:30. So I can’t even attend this impromptu training session. Which any good coach should have known. Or asked at least, not assumed,” Iris did before leaving the attic. She was in a bit of a hurry now, along with being in a bad mood.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,420.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » November 21st, 2017, 7:38 am

"Enjoy!" Liam said, honest joy for his friend in his voice. She was lucky that she got away for now. But maybe he had a chance too.

"Did I get this right and you can't teach me anything today?" He asked full of hope.

Jacy looked at Iris, she had to explain everything to her this evening. Maybe the older student would understand why Preeti and Priya weren't that bad for their study group if she had the chance to tell her about the advantages.

"See you later in the common room!" she said.

Jacy waved her wand and cast a Lumos charm. "Like that?" she asked Preeti.
ImageImageImage

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Rosaline55 » November 21st, 2017, 7:58 am

"Oh I suppose I should have made a little more interesting start." said a little disappointed Preeti to herself. Then she suddenly brightened up and said to all the four present there,"Jacy and Evelynn, you've got the movements right((with an encouraging smile)) but you need to stress a little more on the incantation,okay? You two practise with Priya((with a side glance at Priya who looked a little horrified)) whilst I will practise something with Liam. Better start Priya." and turned around to move to the farthest corner of the attic with Liam.

Priya first stuttered a bit; it was all right to cast a Lumos to show others but it was another thing to teach others."You've in mind what Preeti said? So start, If you make any mistakes I'll show you." finally said she, thinking it would make a better impression to leave the two to practise on their own rather than nagging behind them.

Meanwhile Preeti asked Liam sweetly," What do you want to practise? If its something you don't know I am ready to help you but I 'd rather practise rather than teach."
ImageImage

Return to “Hogwarts Roleplay”