Hi from a new Potter fan!

A place for those old welcome topics, return topics and Meet the Moderator topics of ex-moderators.

Moderator: Professors

Whispered
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 50.00

Hi from a new Potter fan!

Postby Whispered » October 24th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Hi all

Thought I'd say hello. I'm a 36 yo guy from the UK and I've recently discovered just how amazing the Harry Potter books are!

I'd seen the first couple of movies ages ago, but I'd never read the books or seen the rest of the movies.

I've been listening to a lot of audio books lately ( I do love to read books but I've 4 young kids so finding the time can be difficult!) and I thought why not give The Philosopher's Stone a blast.

That was 9 days ago and now I'm about 3/4 of the way through The Goblet of fire. Im lucky because I can listen to books for part of my day in work, I've also found myself listening to the books when I'm driving, cooking, doing night feeds, and pretty much whenever I can!

I've always liked magic and fantasy type of books, but these have really grabbed me. There's just something special about them.

I'm having to try and stay away from anything that will contain spoilers so I'll probably not be browsing the site too much until I've finished all the books (which at the rate I'm getting through them shouldn't be too long!)

I've also got the blu ray boxed set of all the movies arriving in the next few days. I'm much more of a book than movie person, but I'm really excited to watch these, although I'll only be watching each movie once I've finished the appropriate book.

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 1.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Re: Hi from a new Potter fan!

Postby Alien Iris » October 24th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Welcome! I'm am newer here so, welcome once more, many wonderful wishes to you!

P.S. 9 days and 3/4 of the way through the goblet of fire...... 9 and 3/4!!!!!!
ImageImageImage

Hermione Leviosa
Order of Merlin, Second Class
Order of Merlin, Second Class
Points on hand: 335.00
Pottermore Username: DragonProphecy118

Postby Hermione Leviosa » October 24th, 2015, 9:38 pm

Hi and Welcome to PFF, Whispered! Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage ImageImageImage click stamps

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » October 26th, 2015, 3:25 am

Hey Whispered and welcome to PFF :D

Also I guess I should say welcome to the Wizarding World. I kinda recently discovered Harry Potter myself and I can understand your desire to avoid spoilers.

If you want to read or interact on here I can recommend three areas that should be spoiler free: the role playing thread (it is set in an alternate universe so shouldn't have any spoilers), the capsule machine (a place where you can collect pixel figures based on elements, characters, items and books), and the PFF classroom.

Whispered wrote:I've always liked magic and fantasy type of books, but these have really grabbed me. There's just something special about them.

Yes. There is something magical about them. I've always been a fan of fantasy books (or any genre of books actually) but only a few books have found a special spot in my heart like Harry Potter has.

I hope to see you around the board and wish you fun while you finish up the series. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Old Welcomes”