Rules reminder

Welcome to the Wizarding Wireless Network, the one and only Wizard's Radio station! Important announcements about the forum as well as Quidditch matches and many other things will be broadcast here for the whole Wizarding community to hear!

Moderator: Professors

Rhynn
Honorary Member - VIP
Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 2,956.00
Pottermore Username: SeerHawthorn125

Rules reminder

Postby Rhynn » September 30th, 2013, 1:51 pm

I just want to remind everyone that PMs also need to follow the forum rules. This of course includes the rules about inappropriateness. It has recently come to my attention that this rule is not always followed, so I felt a reminder was in order.

PFF is a forum for ALL ages. This means it needs to be a safe environment for minors. This does NOT mean it is alright to send inappropriate PMs to non-minors! Depending on the severity, such behaviour can result in a permanent ban - and trust me, we're harsh when it comes to the safety of our members. Harassment of any kind is not permitted.

If you feel you are being harassed through PM, or if you are uncomfortable with PMs you are receiving, please do not hesitate to report them to us! Just like normal forum posts, PMs have a Report button (the black square with the white ! in it). Clicking this will allow any moderator to read the PM and act accordingly, and you are able to provide further commentary when reporting the PM. By reporting it to us, you can bring it to our attention and we can take appropriate action.

Of course if you would rather just tell us about it (for instance if you don't want us to read the PM), then you can always message any moderator to talk about it. Keep in mind we might ask you at least quote portions of the PMs, however, as we do require proof to prevent the bullying of other users.

Remember: if we don't know something is happening, we can't do anything about it! We can oversee the forum itself, but we can't read PMs when they don't get reported to us.
ImageImageImage

KCMarauder
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 602.47
Pottermore Username: CharmCastle16609

Re: Rules reminder

Postby KCMarauder » September 30th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Well said Rhynn! Not only is it great to see reminders about these sorts of sensitive topics but its also great to be reminded how much the members are cared for here. I hope all the members know there are so many great members to turn to if they need it. Luckily bad stuff doesn't happen very often here but its great to know its going to be dealt with properly in the rare cases it does :)
Image Image Image

ShadowLarsie
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: ShadowShield1374

Re: Rules reminder

Postby ShadowLarsie » October 1st, 2013, 1:15 am

Yes, well said indeed Rhynn! :] ;)

I can imagine bullying on forums happens a lot through PM! :(
Thanks for the reminder Rhynn! :) But as KC says, luckily hopefully bullying/etc. doesn't/won't happen a lot here! :)
-Larsie1 :gryffindor: :hogwarts: ------ :lion: ------ :snitch: :snitch: :snitch: ------ :lion: ------ :hogwarts: :gryffindor:
Reading, Writing, Gaming, Pottering = LARSIE!
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Wizarding Wireless Network”