Photo bucket 3rd party hosting issues

Welcome to the Wizarding Wireless Network, the one and only Wizard's Radio station! Important announcements about the forum as well as Quidditch matches and many other things will be broadcast here for the whole Wizarding community to hear!

Moderator: Professors

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,813.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Photo bucket 3rd party hosting issues

Postby Jag17 » July 7th, 2017, 2:26 pm

Hi guys!

I'm sure if you been on the forum anytime doing the last week or so you have notice a lot of people singnutres having a image or two saying you need to upgrade your phtobucket account to enable 3rd party hosting.

You might be asking what is 3rd party hosting? The short version is let say I upload a picture of me going to Disney on photobucket and then I wanted to post it on the forum so I would use the link and the image tag and you get to see me having fun at Disney but unfortunately now phtobucket wants you to pay 400 dollars a year to do this with a premium account. With a free account you can only upload and that it basically.

So anyway the point of this post is to let you know that if one of your pictures you use for your signature or anywhere around the forum for that matter is on photobucket you will need to move the pictures to a different photo uploading account. The most common one now is imgur.com or tinypic but tiny pic is own by photo bucket so that site might change their rules as well. So might just want to stick with imgur or find a different one. Or I guess you can pay the 400 dollars a year but I don't think that is a good idea but that is up to you decide.

Unfortunately the main problem will be if the picture/signature wasn't on your personal photo bucket account since you no longer have access to the picture/signature. If that is the case if the member is still active he or she might able to help you. But if their are not I believe unfortunately you are out of luck and have lost the pic. If I'm wrong about this please post here letting me and everyone else know this isn't the case.

So we are asking all members to please update their signatures so you no longer have any pics telling you need to update your photo bucket account so it is less distracting for everyone. Thanks and please post here if you have any questions about this or if you have any other useful information or tips about this situation.
ImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 6,758.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Re: Photo bucket 3rd party hosting issues

Postby WolfMoon » July 7th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Hey everyone :)

There is indeed a chance of getting your signature back even if someone else has it on their account.

1. If you try to change your signature, you will see links. Copy each one and paste each in a new tab and you will be linked to each part of your signature.

2. Then copy these images and save them on your computer.

3. Find a new programme to upload your image.

4. Use the image code you need to upload it to the forum.

Hopefully I could help you :)
ImageImageImage

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Re: Photo bucket 3rd party hosting issues

Postby Riverfirebolt » July 8th, 2017, 5:40 am

Thanks for this Jag and Wolf, that will help.

Just a note too in a few weeks once everyone has had chance to remove things we will be deleting any remaining affected images in signatures.

Obviously if you are active we will pm you first. :D
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Wizarding Wireless Network”