Very Important Announcement - Please Read

Welcome to the Wizarding Wireless Network, the one and only Wizard's Radio station! Important announcements about the forum as well as Quidditch matches and many other things will be broadcast here for the whole Wizarding community to hear!

Moderator: Professors

DawnPumpkin33
Deputy Headmaster - Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 14,857.00
Pottermore Username: DawnPumpkin33

Very Important Announcement - Please Read

Postby DawnPumpkin33 » September 4th, 2016, 12:44 pm

Hi everyone,

First and foremost, so sorry again for not being around the last week or two, been down 3 people at work so have had zero free time because of all the overtime I've had to work.

But there's another, greater presence missing that I'm sure you've all noticed.

River received a once-in-a-lifetime, can't-say-no opportunity regarding his career. Naturally he said yes and we are super excited for him. :D Obviously such opportunities can be time consuming, and as such River decided it was best he stepped down. I could go on for days about all the great things he's done for PFF over the years and the great friend he's been to many of us. But as to save you all from all the sappiness, I'll give a big heartfelt thank you and wish River all the best in this new opportunity. :D

Second, Ash has also stepped down due to personal circumstances of her own. Even though she hadn't been on staff long, she was a very important member of the team and we'll miss her greatly.

Unfortunately, I also have to announce that Rook has stepped down from his role as class professor. We want to thank him for stepping up to help us out with the classes while he could, we greatly appreciated it.

With all of that being said, and coupled with the events of a few months ago, Hagrid and Charm are currently deciding how to handle things. Of course we do hope they'll give the forum another chance but it is ultimately their decision.

We just wanted to update you all with the information we had thus far, and to give everyone an opportunity to say thank you to River, Ash and Rook. We do hope to see them around still. :)

Sapphire
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 7.00
Pottermore Username: OwlMagic153

Re: Very Important Announcement - Please Read

Postby Sapphire » September 4th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Wow, congratulations River! We're all so sad to see you go, you've done so much for this forum, but I wish you luck in your career! :) Thank you for everything you've done over the years!

Also thank you Ash and Rook for being such amazing staff members, we'll all miss you :)

I really hope that we can continue with the forum - It's been such a lovely part of my life and I think it's kinda grown into a community where we all have found friends and just escaped from real life for a while. I joined up when I really needed somewhere to come and forget about the world, and I still come here because I know that I'll see familiar faces and be able to talk about HP with people who love it just as much as I do. :)

Once again, thanks for everything guys :) Hope to still see you around PFF every so often :D
ImageImageImage

Bren
Wizard/Witch
Wizard/Witch
Points on hand: 3,310.00
Pottermore Username: CentaurPatronus2539

Postby Bren » September 4th, 2016, 2:14 pm

Really pleased for you and your family River, you've been very helpful to me and the rest of PFF so I wish you all the best for the future :)

Sorry to hear Ash and Rook are stepping down hope to see you both around the forum.
ImageImage
Image Image ImageImageImage

Lindsay
VIP Member
VIP Member
Points on hand: 937.00
Pottermore Username: AccioSword24606
PM Points: 1487

Postby Lindsay » September 4th, 2016, 3:40 pm

Congratulations on your new opportunity, River! And thank you for all you have done at PFF and being so helpful and kind to us all here.

Sorry to see Rook and Ash step down as well. Good luck in the future guys, and hope to still see you around!

All 3 of you have been amazing!

I would like to echo Sapphire's sentiments. PFF is such a unique and important forum for those of us who need and want a place to come to take our minds off of real world issues for a short time, and to connect with like-minded individuals. I would be so sad to see it go. I hope there is a way that it can continue!

Steernbeere
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 83.00
Pottermore Username: Steernbeere

Postby Steernbeere » September 5th, 2016, 9:18 am

I agree with Lindsay and Sapphire and Bren. I have not been here for long, but it would be pity, if the board goes down. I love the discussions and the classes here, especially herbology.

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » September 5th, 2016, 9:38 am

Congrats River and I hope everything's okay Ash and Rook. (PFF will not be the same without y'all :( )

I also agree with everyone. I've not been the most active lately but this is a place I love and where I have made several good friends, not to mention I am curious to see where the Role Play will go.

Please keep PFF up and open. Please?
If it's about money I can donate something.
If it's about decrease board activity then give us another chance. A year or six months to build our numbers back.
If it's due to not having a governing Admin mod staff then I'm willing to apply for any position.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

McKinstry
Fifth Year Student
Fifth Year Student
Points on hand: 4,597,756.22
Pottermore Username: LumosSun28350

Postby McKinstry » September 5th, 2016, 10:05 am

River congratulations, I hope things keep on the up for you and Heart and the family. Really wish you all the best :)

Thanks for all the hard work Ash and Rook, it's hard to find the time to commit to a forum like this so we appreciate the time you did spend on it.

Onwards and upwards.

ImageImage

"Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind."
Henry James

Jag17
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 6,531.50
Pottermore Username: noxstorm144

Postby Jag17 » September 5th, 2016, 11:10 am

Already told you this River but just wanted to post it here as well. Congratulations on the great job opportunity! Your hard work has paid off and hopefully things will work out for you and your family. And thanks for everything you have done for the forum. as dani said If I write everything you have done we could write books about it, so not to bored everyone just going to thanks again and hope everything works out for you.

Also thanks Ash and Rook for everything you have done as well. I'm sad to see you guys go but I understand it for the best. But hopefully we will still see you around once in a while. Knowing you guys I will just to need buy some extra fire whiskey for the next party and you guys will show up lol. But anyway thanks again.

Finally for the future of the forum. I have been here since the early days back in 2011. So I seen a lot of changes most for the good or some unfortunately for the worst. But any changes we have seen nothing had change the way that this forum has been a way for people to have a safe community to talk about harry potter or really anything really. So not sure what will happen right now but I will never forget about PFF. But sometimes it is best to move on. So if the forum does closed I will never forget the last 5 years on the forum. But if PFF does stay open I think they are ways to help it grow. But it is a hard choice to make since they are a lot behind the scenes stuff to consider. But hopefully we will find out soon.
Image Image

SunsetRose
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 198.00
Pottermore Username: GlowMoon9551

Postby SunsetRose » September 6th, 2016, 11:49 pm

Thank you River, Ash and Rook for all you've done as a staff member on PFF.
River, congratulations with your career, all the best for you and your family :)
And also, Please don't close PFF! I cherish all the good moments I've had on this amazing forum and all the awesome friends I've made. If you ever need someone to fill in any role, you can always count on me to assist you. And if activity is the problem, just give us a time period to build up our memberbase again. I understand if closing is the only option, but hopefully it won't come to that.
ImageImage
ImageImage

DawnPumpkin33
Points on hand: 14,857.00
Pottermore Username: DawnPumpkin33

Postby DawnPumpkin33 » September 12th, 2016, 10:26 am

Hi guys. Sorry, work has still been a bit of a nightmare. Finally have a proper day off, but then will be back at it the rest of the week.

We are currently working on sorting some things behind the scenes, but things look positive. Fingers crossed! :D

Until then, keep playing games and roleplaying and such!

Return to “Wizarding Wireless Network”