Collectable Items and Where to Find Them

All Pottermore-related archived topics can be found in here!

Moderator: Professors

Ashdust
Wizard/Witch
Wizard/Witch
Points on hand: 4,018.70
Pottermore Username: AshDust224

Re: Collectable Items and Where to Find Them

Postby Ashdust » August 13th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Only just found this River, thank you it is genius...I have a list on my computer somewhere, I have done with each book being released but it isn't as organised as this and not as complete either. so this is great.

Larise by the way think you mean River not Rhynn, I know most of the useful guides and things on here are Rhynn's but for once this one isn't. :D
Image Image
ImageImageImageImage Image

Jemby51
Fifth Year Student
Fifth Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: AvisDraconis129

Re: Collectable Items and Where to Find Them

Postby Jemby51 » January 18th, 2014, 10:47 am

I'm sure you'll be updating soon with the latest chapters from GOF; and although I've finished all the scenes, I do want to make a comment. I am REALLY tired of, and disappointed in, the trend that PM has taken in making the collectibles so tiny as to be nearly invisible. For me, it takes away from the story, and just becomes a treasure-hunt game.

Check the comments in PM...Who cares what happened to Harry or anyone else? Who cares what V is up to? Let's just find that last BB Bean! Sorry for repeating what I've said in many other posts, but Sony just doesn't seem to GET that Rowling's books are about READING. While visuals can be a great way to augment a story, they can't be so engrossing in themselves that they distract from it; and in my opinion, that's what is happening here. Oh yeah, you can read the supplementary information by clicking the links in the sidebars. Whoopee.

Also, speaking to the visuals, there seems to be no depth to the scenes as there was in the first Pottermore book. You're no longer IN the story, you're watching it from outside...sometimes WAY outside. Perhaps the real experience can only be had if you pay. Sad.
Image Image

Return to “Pottermore Archive”