From experience we have found that there are various things you can do if you are having trouble on Pottermore.
Here is a collection of helpful tips provided by our members from their personal experiences:
- Pottermore generally works better if you only have one browser window open at a time. So close any spare windows.
- Ensure you have the latest version of your browser installed.
- And the latest version of Flash. It is not a bad idea to reinstall Flash even if you do have the latest version as well.
- Clear the caches in your browser history. If you don't know how to do this check google or ask here.
- Close your browser and try again. Better still, reboot your computer.
- Change browsers. Internet Explorer has had some compatibility issues with Pottermore in the past, so consider switching. Firefox seems to work best with Pottermore, but whichever browser you are using consider trying a different one.
- Try adjusting the zoom or the font size on your window especially if you are not seeing the side of the screens or having trouble collecting objects near the side of the screen like fluxweed.
- Try a different computer.
- What you can enter onto Pottermore as a comment is very strictly moderated, you can't enter some names, numbers and the moderation doesn't like spelling mistakes.
- Finally, if you see "Sorry, there was a problem with this page. Maybe someone has cast a spell over this page because it's not loading correctly. Please come back and try again." This is Pottermore's error screen for an over loaded server. Simply return a while later
If you do all this and you still have problems you can post in this topic and see if someone can help, or contact Pottermore directly. Instructions can be found HERE.
If you have more specific problems with potions check HERE
For Collecting problems, check HERE
For Dueling problems, check HERE
In addition to the above guide and those linked herein, our Headmaster Rhynn has taken to composing a complete guide to PM. The guide has everything you need to collect and where to find them in order to move on past each moment.
There is also a Pottermore Troubleshooting Guide on the Pottermore Insider to some of the more common problems.