In this topic you can see some collected general Dueling tips from our members and the most common dueling problems we have had previously, along with the solutions we have found.
If you have any other problems with any aspect of dueling on Pottermore that isn't covered here or you are not sure of anything, please post it here and we will do our best to help you.
Or, if you have any useful dueling tips we haven't covered you can also post that here.
- The highest score is 163 and the only spells that can do this are the Jelly-Legs Curse and the Disarming Charm. The Jelly-Legs Curse can be found in the book Curses and Counter Curses and the Disarming Charm can be found in the book The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2.
- Click first when the light stream is under the middle of the letter.
- Click the second time when the circle is at its fullest or just before this.
- If you mess up badly you can hit the refresh button and try again.
- With dueling, practice makes perfect. You do get better the more you practice.
- Higher scores seem to be about the rhythm of the duels. Try to be consistent; maybe listen to music as long as it isn't too slow or some people use a metronome to time their duels.
- If you decline a challenge you do not lose points.
- You do occasionally get a time out on duels if you duel too much in one go. If you get one of these it is Pottermore's way of telling you it is time to come back to PFF for a while.
Questions and Answers.
I think Pottermore or someone in particular might be using my account to fake dueling matches. Sometimes I try to duel, and without even letting me pick a spell, I already see the result of me dueling someone and them always winning over me.
I have a duel notification but when i scroll the duel list I don't find it!
It's not a big issue really, but quite annoying sometimes. Whenever I log in to Pottermore, it erases all the duels that I've ever done, saying that I haven't dueled ever yet. I'd like to know who I've dueled before and try to win if I lost before.
I usually get over 140 in wizards duel and then suddenly I start getting 135, 137. I play it the same way and I click on the letters accurately but it does not help. Now it's hard for me to get a 140. What should I do??
Sometimes, when I do a perfect full-body bind, then I only get up to 140 points, never over it. And sometimes, if I do the same spell and miss the letters more, I get up to 142!