In this topic you can see some collected general potions tips from our members and the most common potion problems we have had previously. And the solutions we have found.
If you have any other problems with any aspect of brewing potions on Pottermore that isn't covered here or you are not sure of anything please post it here and we will do our best to help you.
Or if you have any useful potion tip we haven't covered you can also post that here.
- One helping of an ingredient is not necessarily 1 item.
- One drop of an item is not necessarily a constant amount.
- When adding ingredients the only thing that matters is what the counter has counted. That will be the amount that the program thinks you've added.
- If you are unsure if an ingredient has registered check back to the book each stage is crossed off as it is completed successfully.
- Stirring can be very glitchy make sure you stir in big circles and wait for the counter to catch up with you before moving on.
- Do not stop while stirring as this can be an automatic fail on the potion.
- If you still have problems stirring practice with the Cure For Boils practice potion.
- Heat on high until you get the temperature within the green zone then alternate between medium and off until time runs out.
- Return time on all potions is exactly half the brewing time.
- Only run Pottermore on one browser window at a time especially when brewing potions.
- When dealing with bottles in potions, pick them up by the top and tilt it in gently using the cauldron to balance it.
- It is now possible to make Swelling Solution, Sleeping Draught, Forgetfulness and Herbicide with regenerating ingredients only. So no need to spend any galleons at the Apothecary.
If you wish to share your potion collection or take part in monthly potion making competitions or just generally discuss potions come and join us at the Pottermore Potions Club.
Question and Answer
I know I've added the right amount or stirred the right number of times, but the potion still fails!
I use the wand or a bottle or what ever, and the picture doesn't show or shows up late. How do I know if it worked?
I was making a potion and 2 countdowns went off one by the mortar, and one by the cauldron.
I have a problem; I've brewed my Swelling Solution but when I go back to 'The Diversion' moment it still tells me to go and brew, and won't give me access to the rest of the moment.
When doing part 2 of swelling solution, the thermometer shows the same range as the 'heat on medium temperature', so I don't know where the low temperature range is.
Everytime I get to the temperature part it goes up to green but then back down after I click the blue circle...how do I stop it from moving?!
I'm having some issues with the swelling solution. I did everything right up until I had to wave the wand, for whatever reason I couldn't figure it out, but then it just went on like I did everything correct. I came back in the time that it took for the potion to brew, but I keep getting a "NaN% Complete, come back later" prompt.
I finally got through the first part of the first stage of the polyjuice potion... but managed to spill the lacewig flies thing into the cauldron on the way back to the work bench! Is there a way to prevent this? A different way of holding the bottle? Do you hold the thin bottle neck, or the bottom larger part?
I had been receiving "Sorry, there was a problem with this page" when I attempted to access Potions Class. I sent a message to Pottermore/Sony and received a generic e-mail instructing me to solve it technically, which was incorrect.