stuck in sorting/chapter 7 - Indexed

All Pottermore-related archived topics can be found in here!

Moderator: Professors

autumnrain
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00

stuck in sorting/chapter 7 - Indexed

Postby autumnrain » September 12th, 2011, 1:17 am

i only got the welcome email two days ago but now im stuck. can anyone pls help me or report to pottermore that im stuck after sorting? i was sorted but i can get into the common room it gives the be patient this page is locked so parts of the story will not be spoiled? after read the welcome message when i click view common room i get that error each time. ive asked other hufflepuff they said they dont have that issue. aside from that i cant click on the arrow end of chapter 7 its locked as well. i cant move on to chapter 8 in this scenario. i dont think i missed anything or did anything wrong. i tried reporting this to pottermore still no reply. if anyone has any idea what i should do pls let me know. much appreciated. this is unusual aside from the normal glitches :D . thank you!

NewtRune
Second Year Student
Second Year Student

Re: stuck in sorting/chapter 7

Postby NewtRune » September 13th, 2011, 5:06 am

Download google chrome. I had the same problems. It's free. But in the meantime you can just manually change the URL from moment 2 or whatever it is to moment 3.

HeartSword85
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby HeartSword85 » September 13th, 2011, 7:44 am

@NewtRune Unfortunately Google Chrome does not work. Neither does manually changing the URL. :(

@autumnrain Did you manage to get past chapter 7 yet? Mine still says it's locked.

autumnrain
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby autumnrain » September 14th, 2011, 3:21 am

im still stuck i get this error Image

@newtrune same as heartsword85.. im using chrome.. and im still stuck at moment 3. cant view i get that error above.

@heartsword85 im still stuck.. even if i change urls and use chrome.. i tried everything..

been trying to email pottermore still no reply

NewtRune
Second Year Student
Second Year Student

Postby NewtRune » September 14th, 2011, 4:30 am

Oh. Okay then. I'm sorry. I can't help you. =(

autumnrain
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby autumnrain » September 14th, 2011, 10:29 pm

@newtrune no problem maybe this is really a pottermore error.. ive seen people from other houses have a similar problem.. i know the ppl at pottermore are busy but ive emailed them on the whats next page quite a few times.. i hope they see it and respond. thanks for the help:)

BeaH_1317
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby BeaH_1317 » September 19th, 2011, 6:09 am

i've got the same problem :( how did you email the people from pottermore?? i'd like to tell them that i'm experiencing the problem too :) tnx

Minister
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 2.00

off topic post allowed

Postby Minister » September 19th, 2011, 6:10 am

To my dearest Witches and Wizards

I would like to thank you all for your kind welcome to your wonderful community. In regards to the WART awards which will be taking place soon, the Ministry would like to inform you all, that we can not proceed with the next stages until we have our 30 C.O.N members. Please post your interest on the Announcement Thread so we can begin.

Kindest Regards
Minister
MOM

The Minister would like to proceed with the nominations as soon as possible: 6 more members of the C.O.N is needed- Senior Secretary of the MOM

Minerva Gonagall
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby Minerva Gonagall » September 21st, 2011, 4:07 pm

I am also stuck on Chapter 7. I've tried changing the URL to /end, clearing cache, changing browsers, and going through from Ch.1. Nada, so mostly I just brew potions.

You can send them a 500wd message by:
Bottom of the page click on: Help
Find "Other" on the list, and click on it.
Bottom of the page click on "What's next"
Click on "need more help"
Fill out the form.

autumnrain
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby autumnrain » September 21st, 2011, 10:23 pm

Minerva McGonagall wrote:I am also stuck on Chapter 7. I've tried changing the URL to /end, clearing cache, changing browsers, and going through from Ch.1. Nada, so mostly I just brew potions.

You can send them a 500wd message by:
Bottom of the page click on: Help
Find "Other" on the list, and click on it.
Bottom of the page click on "What's next"
Click on "need more help"
Fill out the form.

i actually did that a few times and its been sometime now.. and i got a response now.. but it doesnt help the solution.. and well yes i only need to get to the common room to get to chapter 8.. but the common room is lock.. im sorted and all. i dont think they understand..

Spoiler: show
I hope that you accept that we must treat all users of Pottermore the same. I have reviewed the problems you are encountering and can confirm that there are no issues with the website functionality - the answer is there and you will just have to keep trying.

As an alternative, please refer to the Help section or alternatively you may want to raise the issue you're having with the Pottermore community.

so im still stuck at just practicing potions and spells

Return to “Pottermore Archive”