THOUGHTS ON POTTERMORE - Indexed

All Pottermore-related archived topics can be found in here!

Moderator: Professors

theHYBRID
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00

THOUGHTS ON POTTERMORE - Indexed

Postby theHYBRID » August 31st, 2011, 3:07 pm

i would like to thank everyone who keeps us updated on the user/student count inside of pottermore. it is a little comfort when you feel like the only one who hasnt gotten in. but here are some of my personal thoughts on the matter.

THOUGHTS
i believe what they should have done to make sure the beta testers all got a chance to review the site is give it a test period like groups of users from 10,000 - 50,000 every 1-2 weeks. that got 4-5 days to test it out. i mean whats the point of leaving them there when they have basically already seen everything and tested everything? and probably have already voiced their opinion. im starting to believe the people who are running the site are over whelm and arent too experience with how to handle these issues. you don't make promises you can't fulfill, just hearing the current count makes me think... how the NARGLE-INFESTED AREA are they suppose to allow 1 million on the site before the grand opening if they can't even handle 300,000 people. i don't want to taint or hate anything about this experience but i feel like it was a waste of my time registering early. i do believe the people who worked hard to get this site up deserve some appreciation because after all WE ARE THE FANS. THEY ARE THE WORKERS. put it this way you would want some one to acknowledge and appreciate what you did also.

THEORIES

i personally believe they randomized the welcome emails because of the volume of response they were getting with being allowed in first. hackers attacking accounts, and selling false accounts. so to insure no one knew when they were allowed in they chose to do it that way.

test period: they want the fans to anticipate the site let's face it its a great marketing ploy just imagine the response and how talked about it will be once it is opened to the public. "great timing too" the movies have officially ended and so have the books to. so to insure we'll get the e-books jk said she'd give us extra background stories and more info on our fav characters? i mean who could resist that. it has taken a great amount of restraint for me not to read those spoilers... but it has also induced a lot of impatience too.

COMPLAINTS

LACK OF INFORMATION PROVIDED TO THE PUBLIC.

LACK OF RESPONSE ON EMAILS.
i sent them an email saying they should announce whenever they sent out emails. not to "toot" my own horn either. im sure a lot of other people may have voiced the same idea. but that seem to be the only response they gave me because they started posting them the next day.

whats the point of letting people in on sept 30? there will be no need or point for those poor souls to do anything but just use the site.

how exactly does the emailing process work? you say you sent them out an hour ago but yet i see people over the matter hours voicing how they have just received their email. because honestly during the magical quill challenge it took me 15 mins to receive my activation email.

ENDING

i will always be a loyal harry potter fan and a fan or JK Rowling and probably support most of what she does. but this has been a nerve racking experience.

Garnie
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Points on hand: 5,000.00
Pottermore Username: MagicSparks68

Re: THOUGHTS ON POTTERMORE

Postby Garnie » August 31st, 2011, 3:40 pm

I agree. its has been very frustrating for all. I have my account now, however it wasn't for the lack of hissy fits for 2 weeks lol.
Regarding letting people in on sept 30th, i had the same conclusion: untill someone did remind me that they never stated the site would be open on Oct 1st...
Knowing them, it wont
ImageImage

theHYBRID
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby theHYBRID » August 31st, 2011, 3:54 pm

Garnie wrote:I agree. its has been very frustrating for all. I have my account now, however it wasn't for the lack of hissy fits for 2 weeks lol.
Regarding letting people in on sept 30th, i had the same conclusion: untill someone did remind me that they never stated the site would be open on Oct 1st...
Knowing them, it wont

it is expected to be open october 1st. there was a count down on a site i saw when they first started letting people in "44"days it read. it reads 30 days now. and i even checked the official wiki for it

reads the same - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pottermore

Netz
M.o.M. Employee
M.o.M. Employee
Points on hand: 881.50
Pottermore Username: NettleCloak59

Postby Netz » August 31st, 2011, 4:25 pm

Well, I think in regards to the people let in on the 30th... I think they serve no purpose other than to make sure the server can handle the people... I know, its not something I want to think about either, kinda like I stayed up all night to be used... But right now thats what it looks like most people are in the beta for...

NewtRune
Second Year Student
Second Year Student

Postby NewtRune » September 1st, 2011, 1:06 am

Yes. Knowing them it won't open on Oct. 1st. Honestly, I don't even think they will have all the beta users in by end of September...

Casty
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Pottermore Username: CastleWitch164

Postby Casty » September 1st, 2011, 2:12 am

NewtRune wrote:Yes. Knowing them it won't open on Oct. 1st. Honestly, I don't even think they will have all the beta users in by end of September...

This I what I thought.

I think they should send multiple batches out each day instead of increasing the amount of people in just the one batch. Doing multiple batches will let more people in but it will be spaced out instead if everyone entering at the same time, trying to load the same page.
ImageImage

theHYBRID
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby theHYBRID » September 1st, 2011, 11:48 am

"This week on the Insider, we’ll be answering some of the questions we’ve seen from people who are currently exploring the Pottermore site."

ANYONE NOTICE HOW THIS WEEK IS ALMOST OVER AND WE STILL HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING FROM THEM FOR THE PAST 2 DAYS. -_-

CrimsonGalleon151
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby CrimsonGalleon151 » September 1st, 2011, 11:54 am

Funny you should mention that ... I have noticed the Insider thing and that it is Thursday approaching 6 pm in England. I guess the week goes through Saturday though.

theHYBRID
First Year Student
First Year Student

Postby theHYBRID » September 1st, 2011, 5:47 pm

smh they have never sent anything on the weekends though. this is just looking worse

Netz
M.o.M. Employee
M.o.M. Employee
Points on hand: 881.50
Pottermore Username: NettleCloak59

Postby Netz » September 2nd, 2011, 8:49 pm

They finally got around to those questions they were planning on answering for the people who were already in... >:( great for them, honestly, but I think they should be focusing on other things...

Return to “Pottermore Archive”